剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表
小杜丽
第十集
前情提要
下集预告
失踪人员 布兰德瓦先生
莫多尔先生 是当代传奇
Mr Merdle is the wonder of the age.
他仿佛具有点石成金的魔力
Everything he touches, it would seem, turns to gold.
说得好
Hear, hear.
有个叫高文的人
There is a man named Gowan.
我要你去监视他 并向我报告
I want you to watch him and report back to me.
你希望他 出事吗
You wish some...'arm to come to me, madam.
我说 爸爸 怎么这么慢...
I say, Pa, what's taking so...
不 他在这儿做什么
Oh, no, what's he doing here?
我要用她羞辱我的方式来回敬她
I intend to humiliate her the way she humiliated me.
我并不以此为耻 我曾经
I am not ashamed to tell you that I was at one time,
受克莱南太太雇佣做女红
employed as a seamstress by Mrs Clennam.
她雇你做女红
She employed you as a seamstress.
今天我收到消息 得回伦敦去
I have had intelligence today that calls me back to London.
-天哪 -出什么事了
- Oh, God. - What's the matter?
狮子
Lion!
...最好的画作
..The finest paintings.
我觉得我要再看一幅画
I think if I see another painting,
就会尖叫了 杰纳罗太太
I might very well have to scream, Mrs General.
我相信你是不会做那么不淑女的事的
I'm quite sure you'd do nothing so unladylike.
别太确定
Don't count on it.
-这幅画... -你们好 杰纳罗太太
- Here is a painting of... - How do, Mrs General,
杜丽先生
Mr Dorrit?
你好吗 芬妮
How do, Fanny?
我不是说过至少在周三之前
I thought I told you I didn't want to see you again
我都不想再见到你了吗
until Wednesday at the very earliest.
我知道 但是
I know, but dash it,
祝你日安是礼节嘛
it's only polite to wish you the time of day!
-斯巴克勒 -怎么
- Sparkler? - Yes?
走开
Go away.
好吧
Right.
我说 杜丽小姐
I say...look here, Miss Dorrit.
怎么
Yes?
你真是个好姑娘 一点也不含糊
You're a jolly fine girl, with no begod nonsense about you.
你觉得
Do you think I, er...
我可以去看看你姐姐吗
might have a look in with your sister?
这...
Well...
我很仰慕她
I adore her, you know.
我崇拜她走过的路
I worship the ground she treads on and all that.
但是...她刚打发走了我
But...well, the fact is, she's just sent me packing
每次我们碰见 她都是如此
and she does that almost every time we see each other.
我觉得我在她眼中就是个傻瓜
I think she thinks I'm a bit of a fool, you know.
不会的
Oh, I'm sure she doesn't.
事实上 我在一些方面确实不尽如人意
Well, the truth is I'm not up to the mark on some subjects.
但我真心仰慕你姐姐
But I do adore your sister,
如果你能替我说句好话
and...well, if you could put in a kind word for me,
那我会万分感激的
I'd be tremendously obliged.
这感觉真怪 是吧
It's a rum old business, this, isn't it?
非要装作我们不认识
All this having to pretend we never met before.
我们都去了剧院的那晚
Why, I remember you as well as anything
我可是记得清清楚楚
that night we both turned up at the theatre.
你也记得吧
And you remember too, don't you?
是的
Yes, I do.
很高兴我们能这么谈谈
Well...I'm glad we had this little chat.
母亲来了
Oh, there's Mater.
我得走了
Better go.
杜丽小姐
Miss Dorrit.
母亲
Mater.
你是...莫多尔太太
Mrs, erm...Merdle.
很高兴能
So delighted to resume
再续前缘 虽然相识时并不愉快
an acquaintance so inauspiciously begun.
我是指你们初到威尼斯时
When you first arrived in Venice, hmm?
我们为房♥间的事发生的摩擦
Our little contretemps over the rooms?
是啊 很荣幸
Of course! Charmed, I'm sure.
我儿子爱德蒙说他已经拜访过你们了
My son Edmund tells me he's already been to call.
他非常...喜欢威尼斯 是吧 爱德蒙
He is quite...transported with Venice, are you not, Edmund?
那是相当喜欢
Transported, I should say!
这还要多谢
Thanks, in no little measure,
杜丽先生慷慨的待客之道
to Mr Dorrit's generous hospitality.
这没什么
Pray don't speak of it.
我们接待过很多人 这真的不值一提
We entertain so many people, it really was less than nothing.
不过 亲爱的 我格外荣幸
Except, my dear, except as it afforded me unusual gratification
能够表达我对莫多尔先生
to show the high estimation in which I hold
这种杰出高贵的人物的高度评价
so distinguished and princely a character as Mr Merdle's.
杜丽先生 您太客气了
Mr Dorrit, you are too kind.
我从斯巴克勒先生那里得知
Yes, I'm to understand from Mr Sparkler
莫多尔先生是不太可能会出国了
that there's no great possibility of Mr Merdle's coming abroad.
是啊 杜丽先生 他实在公务缠身
Why indeed, Mr Dorrit, he is much engaged and in such demand,
好多年没能抽时间出国了
he hasn't been able to get abroad in years.
您和您一家 杜丽先生
You and your family, Mr Dorrit,
一定在国外待了很久吧
must have been abroad continuously for a long time,
否则我们早该在伦敦的
or we should have made each other's acquaintance
上流社会结识了
in London society long since,
是吧
should we not?
是的 没错 莫多尔太太
Why, yes, that is right, Mrs Merdle.
我们的确在国外旅居多年了
We have been abroad for an immense number of years.
真是的 我要说...
Dash it, I mean to say...
抱歉
Beg pardon.
不过我们打算不久后就回到伦敦
We think of returning to London before too long, however,
希望我可以有幸
and there I hope and trust I shall have the honour
与莫多尔先生结识
of becoming known to Mr Merdle.
我十分希望能有此荣幸
It is an honour I particularly desire
也会格外看重的
and shall particularly esteem.
莫多尔先生 肯定也会格外看重的
Mr Merdle, I am sure, will particularly esteem it, too.
我有意向莫多尔先生咨♥询♥
I am minded to consult with Mr Merdle
如何处理我存在他新银行的资产
as to the disposal of my fortune in his new bank,
我在报纸上读到了不少关于他银行的赞誉
of which I have read so much in the papers.
莫多尔先生肯定会乐意提出建议的 杜丽先生
I am sure Mr Merdle will be happy to advise you, Mr Dorrit.
见到您真高兴 日安
So pleasant to meet you. Good day.
爱德蒙 爱德蒙
Edmund. Edmund!
走吧
Come.
亲爱的莫多尔先生 我需要你帮帮我的儿子
"My dear Mr Merdle, I need you to do something for my boy.
之前我虽已成功让他脱离了那舞♥女♥的魔爪
Having got him away from that little dancer once,
如今在威尼斯 他却又拜倒在她石榴裙下
I now find him in her clutches again, here in Venice.
我需要你给他找份差事 岗位 职业
I need you to find him a job, a post, an occupation.
她们家如今有钱了 但江山易改本性难移
The family is rich now, but leopards don't change their spots.
从她的眼神明显可以看出
She has that look in her eye that clearly announces
她打算对我实施可怕的报复
She intends to take a terrible revenge upon me.
现在
In the meantime,
相信你会替他做好安排
I shall expect you to make arrangements on his behalf.
务必抓紧
Time is of the essence."
还有什么事吗 先生
Will there be anything further, sir?
我...
I, erm...
我得办场晚宴
I believe I need to hold a dinner.
晚宴 好的 先生
A dinner. Very good, sir.
我做了计算
I've made the calculations.
我起初还有怀疑 感觉好的不真实
I had my doubts at first, it seemed too good to be true,
但莫多尔的银行没问题
but Merdle's bank is solid,
货真价实 绝对有保障
it is genuine, it is copper-bottom guaranteed,
年息两成
and it is yielding 20% per annum.
你会把杜丽先生给你的一千英镑奖赏存进去吗
Do you think you'd put your £1,000 reward from Mr Dorrit into it?
已经存了 先生 已经存了
I've already done it, sir, I've already done it.
真的 你真让我没想到
Really? Well, you surprise me.
我存进去之前 自己也没想到
Yeah, I surprised myself until I went into it,
您也该存
and that's what you should do,
不仅您自己 公♥司♥的钱也是
on your own behalf and for the firm.
这样再好不过 凭什么就只让那些
You couldn't do better. Why should we leave all the games
贪婪鬼 望族和骗子挣大钱
for the glutton, names and imposters?
为了您合伙人也该这么做 让他富起来
剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表