剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表
她是爱您儿子的吗
she loves your son?
她从未看上过别人
Never had eyes for no-one else.
克莱南先生 如果您觉得能跟她谈谈
Mr Clennam, if you felt able to have a word with her,
让她明白这个小伙子
make her see there's a young man there
是多么爱她
who loves her very dearly.
我恐怕不合适啊 奇弗利先生
I'm not sure I'm the right person for the job, Mr Chivery.
只怕她不会喜欢我♥干♥涉她的事
I don't think my interference would be appreciated.
她敬仰您 先生
She looks up to you, sir.
您是那么照顾她和她家人
You look out for her and her family.
她知道您一切为她着想
She knows that you have her best interests at heart.
我本不会求您
I wouldn't ask,
但这让做父亲的心碎
but it breaks a father's heart.
您的客人到了 先生
Your guests are here, sir.
嗯
Yes.
我想是的
I suppose they are.
您要下楼去和他们打招呼吗 先生
Do you intend to go down and greet them, sir?
是的 是的
Yes, yes.
我是该去
I suppose I should.
那就是莫多尔啊
So that's Merdle, is it?
看上去不怎么像样
He don't look like anybody very much to me.
他或许是其貌不扬
You might think that.
也不怎么说话
He's a quiet bird.
但整个金融城都被他握在手中
But he's got the City in the palm of his hand.
还有议会
And Parliament.
和拖拖拉拉部
And the Circumlocution Office.
快看
Well, look, look,
那是泰特·巴纳克尔
there's Tite Barnacle himself,
忙着献殷勤呢
dancing attendance.
莫多尔太太真是个美人
Mrs Merdle's a fine-looking woman.
是啊
Yes, indeed.
好健硕的胸膛
Magnificent pair of lungs.
当然 这是我作为医生的看法
I speak as a medical man, of course.
那些首饰也价值不菲啊
And very well decorated.
他负担得起
Well, he can afford it.
据说他上周又赚了十万英镑
They say he made another £100,000 just last week.
我听说是二十万
Two, I heard,
财政部的贝罗斯说是四十万
and Bellows at the Treasury said four!
他真走运
Well, good luck to him.
亲爱的贵宾 女士们先生们
My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen,
朋友们 同僚们
my friends and colleagues.
在用餐前 我必须说几句话
Before we dine I cannot allow the moment to pass
向主人表示感谢
without a word of gratitude to our host.
说得对
Hear, hear.
可以毫不夸张地说 莫多尔先生
Mr Merdle, one can say without any exaggeration,
是当代传奇
is the wonder of the age.
他仿佛具有点石成金的魔力
Everything he touches, it would seem, turns to gold.
金钱
Money,
一直被称作万恶之源
we have heard it said, is the root of all evil.
不不不
Oh, no, no, no, no.
但环顾四周
But look around you!
除了美好 还有其他吗
What do you see here but an abundance of goodness?
多美好啊 朋友们
Goodness, my friends!
这一切自然的珍馐
All the riches of nature
不都是金钱买♥♥到的吗
and what has made this possible but money?
金钱就是燃料
Money is the fuel
为我们伟大光辉的帝国提供前进的动力
that feeds the engine of our great and glorious empire,
而我们的主人就是伟大的工程师
and our host is the Great Engineer!
亲爱的贵宾 女士们先生们
My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen,
敬我们的主人 莫多尔先生
I give you our host, Mr Merdle!
莫多尔先生
Mr Merdle!
他看上去精神不太好
I thought he didn't look too chipper.
他那样的人
Man like that
一定承受着巨大的压力
must be under a good deal of mental strain, I suppose.
当然 当然 事实上
No doubt, no doubt. What is the matter of fact.
我查不出他有什么毛病
I've found nothing at all the matter with him.
他可能得了什么不好诊断的隐疾
He may have some deep-seated recondite complaint, I suppose.
但我是看不出来
But I'm damned if I could identify it.
据说金子是有毒的
They say that gold's a poison.
胡说 水银才有毒 还有铅
Nonsense. Mercury now, or lead.
他看上去一点也不开心
Well, he doesn't look a happy man.
我可不愿跟他交换
I wouldn't change places with him,
-哪怕他身家百万 -我也不愿意
- for all his millions. - Nor I...
我也不愿意
Nor I.
是的 我不得不说 今天收益可不好
Yes, I have to say, a very bad day's work,
潘克斯 这收益可不好
Pancks, a very bad day's work.
在我看来
It seems to me,
我必须强调一下
and I must insist on making the observation forcefully,
你本可收到更多的钱
you should have collected much more money.
-我没法 -多得...
- I can't... - Much...
多的钱
more money!
他们没钱 我当然收不到 卡斯比先生
I can't collect what they haven't got, Mr Casby.
事实是 你所定下的租金
The fact is, the rent you charge
大多数人都无法承受
is more than they can pay, most of 'em.
亲爱的伙计
My dear man,
这与我无关
that is nothing to do with me.
我有更重要的事情要思考
My mind is on higher things.
你的职责就是收租金
Your job is to collect the rent,
干好这个就行
and I expect you to do it.
好了 好了
Well, well,
到喝茶时间了
I think it must be teatime.
哎呦
Well, well.
是杜丽小姐 对吗
Miss Dorrit, is it?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
很好
Very good.
很好
Very good.
你请自便 杜丽小姐
You make yourself comfortable, Miss Dorrit...
在这儿等会儿
while you wait.
你来了 亲爱的
There you are, my dear,
真抱歉让你久等
so sorry to have kept you waiting,
你一直戴着软帽坐在那儿吗
have you been sitting there in your bonnet all this time?
老天爷
Pray, for goodness sake,
我帮你摘下来吧 好了
let me take it off for you... There!
多么可爱的小姑娘啊 亲爱的
Why, what a good little thing you are, my dear!
不过亚瑟·克莱南那么喜欢的人
Though anyone that interested Arthur Clennam
我肯定也喜欢
so much must interest me,
你们认识很久了吗
have you known him long?
没有
Not very long.
我在克莱南太太家里干活儿时认识他的
I met him when I was working at Mrs Clennam's house.
克莱南太太
Oh, Mrs Clennam!
你是不是特别怕她
Aren't you terribly frightened of her?
我和亚瑟还是青梅竹马时可怕她了
I know I was when Arthur and I were childhood sweethearts
那些美好的日子就那么一去不复返了
in the dear dead days gone by without recall,
不过我们之间仍有火花
though the spark still remains,
而且我愿意认为 不止火花那么简单
and sometimes rather more than a spark, I like to fancy!
我该开始干活儿了吗 太太
Should I start my work now, ma'am?
你这勤劳的小仙女
Oh, you industrious little fairy,
不着急工作
there's not the slightest hurry for that
我们多聊聊共同的朋友
and it's better that we begin by being confidential
不是更好吗
about our mutual friend, is it not?
我可以边工作边听您讲
But I can work and listen at the same time.
那样我会更自在
I would feel more comfortable...
真的 太太
Truly, ma'am.
好吧
Oh, very well,
你喜欢就好
whatever you like best!
给你
Here!
缝吧 缝边吧
Hem away! Hem away!
我说到哪了
Now, where was I?
对了
Yes.
你一定知道
You must know,
我觉得你肯定知道
and I am sure you do know,
剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表