剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表
I gave my family a position there,
现在我有权得到回报
and now I deserve a return.
我决定要把过去噩梦般的经历
I say, sweep that accursed experience
完全抹去
off the face of the earth
然后开始崭新的生活
and begin afresh!
你为什么就做不到呢
Why can't you do it?
你是我最亲爱的...
You, my dearest...
我最爱的孩子啊
..My favourite child?
你怎么忍♥心让你父亲受人嘲笑呢
How can you expose your father to mockery?
没事了 父亲
There, there, now, Father.
没有人会嘲笑您
Nobody laughs at you.
所有人都很敬重你 向来如此
Everybody has a high regard for you, as they always did.
别这样了
Come now, hmm?
擦干眼泪
Dry your eyes.
被杰纳罗太太看到会怎么想啊
What would Mrs General think?
好了
There.
能亲我一下吗 父亲
Will you kiss me, Father?
这很艰难 艾米
It's very hard, Amy.
你为何要在屋里作画
Why do you paint in the dark...
我的朋友
..My friend...
窗外的自然风光如此美好
..When there is so much natural beauty outside?
我知道自己能力有限
Because I know my limits.
16世纪意大利威尼斯画派著名艺术家
难道你指望我与提香或丁托列托一争高下吗
Do you expect me to compete with Titian and Tintoretto?
我最好还是临摹一下
Best to copy what other men have done
别人的名作 赚几个钱
and make myself a few pounds.
亲爱的 你父亲
Your father, my love,
是个好人 还那么慷慨
is an excellent man and generous to a fault,
可仅凭他的资助
but his idea of an allowance
会让我们难以维系欧洲之旅
doesn't go very far on a tour of Europe.
需不需要我写封信再向他要些钱
Would you like me to write and ask him for some more money?
他肯定会乐意的
I'm sure he would like it.
这样他就有充足的机会指责
It would give him ample opportunity to reflect
他的女婿是多么懒惰无能 挥霍无度
on what an idle spendthrift his son-in-law is.
亨利 我相信父亲不会这么想的
Henry, I'm sure he doesn't think that.
我确信他就是这么想的
Hmm, I'm quite sure he does.
这地方还有酒喝吗
Is there any wine in this place?!
你今早把最后一瓶喝光了 记得吗
You drank the last of it this morning, if you recall.
我会带着新酒回来的
I shall return with reinforcement.
顺便说一句
Oh, by the by,
那个老头子 带着女儿的
the old man, with the daughters,
也在威尼斯 还记得他吗
is in Venice. Remember him?
那个烤人的
Roast man?
我今天下午见到他们几个了
I saw them all this afternoon.
我还记得那个烤人的
I remember the roast man.
我们可以见见他们吗
Could we see them, do you think?
我很想再见到杜丽小姐
I should like to see Miss Dorrit again.
那你还得见她神经兮兮骄傲自大的父亲
But you would have to see her anxious, pompous, preening father
她那小丑一样的哥哥
and her clown of a brother
和那个无聊的伴侣
and that walking corset of a companion!
但他们挺有钱
But they are wealthy, however.
你或许能跟他们蹭顿不错的晚饭
You might get a decent meal out of them.
好吧 亲爱的 如果能让你高兴
All right, my love, if it pleases you.
那我们就...寄去名片吧
We shall, er...send our card.
-谢谢你 -只要你开心就好
- Thank you. - Anything to please you.
我去去就回
A bientot.
-如果...你真想让我开心 -你说
- If...you really want to please me? - Yes.
我们还要与布兰德瓦先生相处多久
How long must we continue with Monsieur Blandois?
你不喜欢他在这儿吗
You don't care for his company?
是的 而且狮子也不喜欢
No...and nor does Lion.
可是 我喜欢他在这儿
Well, I confess I do.
虽然他跟多数人一样是个无赖 但是
He's a scoundrel, like most men,
与别人不同的是 他对此毫无顾忌
but unlike most men, he makes no bones about it.
我承认我觉得他很有趣
I admit it, I find him fascinating.
你不觉得我有趣吗
You don't find me fascinating?
你是完美的 亲爱的
I find you perfect. My love,
我不希望你有任何改变
I wouldn't change a single thing about you.
亨利·高文夫妇
Mr and Mrs Henry Gowan
想要告知您他们目前也居于威尼斯
would like to inform you of their presence in Venice
并想邀请诸位去喝杯下午茶
and to invite you to their apartments for tea.
我告诉过你 让仆人来做就好
I've told you, let the servants do it.
这些人是谁呀
Who are these people?
我们认识他们吗
Do we know them?
记得吧 爸爸 我们在招待所碰见的
You remember, Papa. They were at the hospice.
她不舒服 傻艾米为她忙前忙后
She was unwell and silly little Amy embarrassed us
给我们丢人
by fussing all over her.
我记得一清二楚
I remember 'em well enough.
对啊 还有个法国人
Oh, yes. There was a Frenchman too.
看起来就像戏剧里的恶棍
Looked like a villain in a play.
对 我想起来了
Yes. I do recall.
他们好像与...有不幸的关联
I think there was an unfortunate connection with...um...er...
算了 我们还是
Never mind, perhaps it would be best
不要跟这对夫妇打交道的好
if we were not to know these Gowans.
杰纳罗太太 您的建议呢
What would be your advice, Mrs General?
这个嘛 取决于他们在上流社会中的人脉
That...would depend very much upon their connections in society,
鉴于我们对此一无所知 我也难以判断
and as we are not aware of those, I cannot pronounce.
他们与莫多尔家关系很好
They're very thick with the Merdles.
我想去拜访一下高文太太
I should like to pay a visit to Mrs Gowan,
与她成为更好的朋友
and become better acquainted with her, if...
如果爸爸和杰纳罗太太不反对的话
Papa and Mrs General do not object.
你又来了 只顾自己从不为别人着想
There you go again. You never think of anyone but yourself.
你一门心思想让我们出洋相 艾米
You're dead set on showing us up, I believe, Amy!
"出洋相"不是一个高雅的词 亲爱的
"Showing us up" is not an elegant phrase, my dear.
"一门心思"也不太好
Nor, I'm afraid, is "dead set".
我用着很好 杰纳罗太太 多谢提醒
They suit me well enough, Mrs General, thank you very much.
在我看来如果高文夫妇认识莫多尔一家
It is my view that the Gowans' acquaintance with the Merdles
那整件事就完全不一样了
puts a completely different complexion on the matter.
确实 鉴于此
Indeed, under these circumstances,
我就替杰纳罗太太说吧
I think I express the sentiments of Mrs General,
这也是我的想法
no less than my own,
我们不反对 艾米
when I say that we have no objection, Amy,
就满足你的心意吧
to gratifying your desire.
你要代表我
You must do everything
去拜访高文夫妇 切记要端庄有礼
that is civil on my behalf to Mr and Mrs Gowan,
我们会知会他们的
for we will certainly notice them.
我失陪了
Would you excuse me?
我也失陪了 父...
Excuse me, Fa...
...爸爸
..Papa.
-真是的 -也许这样更好
- Well, honestly... - Perhaps it would be best...
我抗♥议♥ 我坚决抗♥议♥
I protest! I protest against it!
弗莱德里克怎么了 有什么问题
Frederick, what's wrong? What's the matter?
"有什么问题" 你怎么可以
"What's the matter?" How dare you!
就是这问题
Th-Th-That is the matter.
你怎么能这么做
And er...how dare you.
你不长记性吗 你没有良心吗
Have you no memory? Have you no heart?
怎么了 我做了什么
Why? What have I done?
你凭什么端着架子装作高你妹妹一等
How dare you set yourself up as superior to your sister,
她为你付出那么多 为我们付出那么多
after all she has done for you? For all of us?
不要脸 你这虚伪的姑娘真不要脸
For shame, you false girl, for shame!
我爱艾米啊 你怎么能这么说我
I love Amy. I don't deserve to be treated so!
我从没受过如此委屈
I was never so wickedly wronged!
我只是在为家族名誉着想啊
And only because I'm anxious for the family credit!
让家族名誉见鬼去吧
To hell with the family credit!
都是你们的骄傲和自负
It's all pride and pretension!
如果这会让那姑娘
I don't give a fig for the family credit,
感到一丝不快
if it causes that girl...
那我才不管什么家族名誉
one moment of unhappiness!
我哪能让你一个人去见高文夫妇
I couldn't possibly have let you go to the Gowans' on your own,
亲爱的艾米
darling Amy!
光靠你自己是不行的
You'd never have made it here by yourself.
多谢你 芬妮
Thank you, Fanny.
剧集 | 小杜丽 | 导航列表