剧集 | 天才(2017) | 导航列表
physicist Albert Einstein.
晚上好
Good evening.
美苏两国之间的军备竞赛
The arms race between the united states and the Soviet Union
已经达到了歇斯底里的地步
has assumed hysterical proportions.
这两国都在以疯狂的速度不断改良
On both sides, means of mass destruction are being perfected
大规模杀伤性武器
with feverish haste
而且还秘而不宣
and behind walls of secrecy.
现如今 氢弹的研发
And now the production of the hydrogen bomb
也快成功了
will be accomplished.
如果这些武器试验成功
If these efforts prove successful,
地球上所有生命将有可能
annihilation of all life on earth will have been brought
集体灭绝
within the range of what is possible.
在美国境外 我们建立军事基地
Outside the United States, we establish military bases.
在美国境内
Inside the United States,
在美国境内 公民的忠诚度
inside the United States, the loyalty of citizens
被日益增强警方
is carefully supervised by a police force
牢牢地监控着
growing more powerful every day.
思想独♥立♥的人受到骚扰
People of independent thought are being harassed.
公众被强行灌输思想
The public is indoctrinated.
让麦基来见我
Get me McKee.
他的这次电视采访令当局颜面扫地
With one television interview, he humiliated the bureau.
我们必须在他造成更大危害前弄走他
We must move on him before he does more damage.
我正在尽我所能 先生
I'm doing all I can, sir.
还不够
Do more.
搜索他的邮件 监听他家的电♥话♥
Search his mail, tap his home phone,
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦教授
跟踪他的朋友
follow his acquaintances.
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦
你有权利动用一切手段
You have discretion to do whatever it takes.
我只是好奇是什么证据能够说服一名法官
I'm just wondering what evidence persuaded a judge to
签下了范围如此广的行动的许可令
sign a warrant for such an extensive operation.
我们可不能坐等缓慢的正义
We cannot wait on the slow wheels of justice.
我好像不太明白 先生
I'm not sure I understand, sir.
玻姆就是个例子
Look at Bohm.
听证会后没人聘用他 结果他现在
Nobody would hire him after his hearing and now he's in Rio
只能在里约忍♥受腹泻和晒伤
with diarrhea and a sunburn.
你就算是傻子都能猜到
And you can bet your Brazil nuts he spends
他一定醒着的时时刻刻都在想
every waking moment wondering,
"我为什么要妨碍当局"
"Why did I stonewall the bureau?"
我相信你会让我满意的 麦基
I have confidence you'll get the results I need, McKee.
接下来我们就需要对我先前的"导波"构想
And then we are left with a unique modification to
做一点独特的修改 因为这种波
my previous 'guiding wave' proposal, because this wave
能够在不激发的状态下影响量子粒子
can influence a quantum particle without becoming.
阿尔伯特 我们已经试过这条路了
Albert, we've been down this road.
很多次
Many times.
不 不 这次不一样
No, no, no, no, this is different.
看起来随着物理学对我工作认可程度的增加
It seems that the more the rest of physics accepts my work,
你的抵抗情绪也在增加
the more you resist it.
因为全是臆想
Because it's all conjecture.
你的证据呢
Where is your proof?
你听起来就像那些曾经对广义相对论做出
You sound just like one of those stodgy members of the
同样论断的古板的机构成员
establishment who said the same thing about general relativity.
你真的要用
Are you actually comparing
量子力学和相对论作比较吗
quantum mechanics with relativity?
阿尔伯特 告诉我 你花这么久
Albert, tell me, what do you have to show for all this
追寻统一场理论 有什么成果
time you've spent chasing unified field theory, huh?
如果你能够短暂的放下你的自尊
Perhaps if you just let go of your ego for just a moment,
你就会承认你错了
you could admit that you are simply wrong.
你和华盛顿的那些蠢货没什么两样
You're as bad as those fools in Washington.
试图毁掉每个攻击我的人
Trying to ruin anyone who comes up against me.
你觉得我想毁掉你
You think I'm trying to ruin you?
你让我成为笑柄
You make me out to be a laughing stock.
一个过时的人
A has-been.
任何违背你指令的人不是叛徒
Anyone who doesn't follow your decree is a traitor
就是傻瓜 我已经受够了
or an imbecile and I've had enough of it!
阿尔伯特 你已经失去自我了
Albert, you've lost yourself.
没错 也许就像你未注意到的某个粒子
Yes, perhaps like one of your unobserved particles,
我压根就不在这
I'm not even here.
阿尔伯特
Albert.
我觉得你该走了
I think you should go.
播放一条哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥的新闻
This is a CBS news bulletin.
朱利叶斯和艾瑟尔·罗森伯格因犯有间谍同谋罪
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg have been found guilty of conspiracy
而被判有罪
to commit espionage.
根据联邦法律 罗森伯格夫妇符合
Under federal law, the rosenbergs are eligible
执行死刑条件
for the death penalty.
"一个以言论自♥由♥为豪的国家
"A country which prides itself on
绝不能对传播信息的人
freedom of speech must not commit the most barbarous
施以最野蛮的报复行为
act of retribution on those who disseminate information.
法官达人 这一点是显而易见的"
That much, your honor, should be self-evident."
就这些
Is that all?
不 请先把烟斗给我
No, I'd like my pipe, please.
这是世界上唯一能给我带来快乐的东西了
It's the one thing left in this world that gives me pleasure.
这我帮不到你
I cannot help you with that.
就像月亮"牵引"着潮汐
As true as the moon pulling the tides,
我们在此重新找回自己
here we find ourselves again.
你想说我的小争论毫无意义
You want to say my little controversies are pointless.
但是你不会说出来
But you will not say it.
如此沉默 一如既往
Silence again, silence always.
好像这是一种美德
As though it were a virtue.
这不是美德 海伦
It is no virtue, Helen.
把纸拿出来 让我签字
Pull the page and let me sign it.
是有争议
There are controversies,
并且非常愚蠢
and then there is absolute stupidity.
你明白我是在公然反对
You do understand I am speaking out
一个明显的错误
against a clear wrong.
你不是没问我的意见吗
Did you not ask my opinion?
这可不像在黑人♥大♥学演讲
This isn't like speaking at a negro college.
这可是在插手美国政♥府♥的
This is about meddling in the affairs of
国务
the United States government.
我的儿子都不和我说话
My own son will not speak to me.
我被认为是物理学界的老古董
I'm made to feel like a dinosaur in the physics community.
我对统一场理论的研究已经陷入僵局
I've completely stalled on unified field theory.
我完全不知道我的烟斗在哪里
And I have no idea where my pipe is.
我在渐渐变老 海伦
I'm getting old, Helen.
我病了
I'm sick,
发言权就是我仅剩的一切
my voice is all I have left.
这正是我们需要的
This is precisely what we need.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
但是我们在法官收到之前
But we intercepted Einstein's letter before
截获了爱因斯坦的信
it reached the judge.
鉴于我们并没有搜查令
Seeing as we don't have a warrant.
别这么死板 麦基
Oh, be creative, McKee.
把信重新封好
Reseal the letter.
寄给法官 去拜访他一次
Have it sent to the judge and pay him a visit.
问他 "您有收到
"Have you received correspondence
爱因斯坦的信吗"
from Albert Einstein?" You ask.
他会回答 "你为什么会这么想"
"Whatever would give you such an idea," He replies.
"消息来源需要保密" 你答道
"A confidential source," You answer.
"但倘若你是位守法的美国公民并深信政♥府♥
"But if you're a good American and you believe in our institutions,
我相信在这次涉及国家利益的敏感事件中
I'm sure you'll aid the bureau in this quite
你会选择协助联调局的工作"
sensitive matter of national interest."
你想让我去威胁联邦法官吗
You want me to intimidate a federal judge?
谁让你威胁了
Who said anything about intimidating?
我们手上压根没有犯罪证据啊 长官
There's no evidence of a crime here, sir.
爱因斯坦有任何违法举动吗
Has Einstein actually done anything illegal?
爱因斯坦是只狡猾的狐狸 我们把他困在了树上
Einstein is a fox and we have him up a tree.
是时候扣下扳机了
It's time to pull the trigger.
我会找人制♥造♥这封信的舆♥论♥
I'll find someone to make noise with that letter.
就是这封 他亲署的信
Here it is, in his own hand, a letter,
美国国会大厦
1951年
他妄想迷惑一位联邦法官
trying to influence a federal judge on behalf of spies and
就为了那些正把我们用以自卫的原♥子♥弹♥机密
剧集 | 天才(2017) | 导航列表