剧集 | 天才(2017) | 导航列表
The Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studio is asking for your approval
他们送来的剧本
for the script they sent.
还是关于制♥作♥原♥子♥弹♥的吗
Is it still a movie about the making of the atomic bomb?
是的
It is.
那我就不批
Then I do not approve.
有很多演讲的邀请函
There are a number of speaking invitations,
哈佛大学 康奈尔大学 芝加哥大学
Harvard, Cornell, the University of Chicago.
我已经决定只接受一场了 林肯大学的
I've decide to accept only one, Lincoln University.
你对此有什么意见吗
Do you have an opinion on this matter?
当然没有
Of course not.
你从来都没意见
You never do.
太阳的万有引力强大到
The sun's gravitational pull is sufficient
足以自己弯曲光线
to bend light itself.
并弯曲自己的光线
And bend light it does.
我就是这样最终发现
That is how I finally found proof of
广义相对论的证据的
the theory of general relativity.
大多数科学家都认为我疯了
Most scientists thought I was mad.
有意思吧 进步竟然激起
Funny, isn't it, how progress can provoke
如此过激的反应
such an emotional response?
当然对你们大部分人来说这个概念并不陌生
Though of course this idea isn't foreign to most of you.
许多人认为像你们这样的年轻人
Many believe that young men such as yourselves do not deserve
林肯大学
宾夕法尼亚州 切斯特县
不配和大家享有同等的机会
the same opportunities as everyone else.
一切都是因为你们的肤色
All because of the color of your skin.
太荒唐了
How absurd.
但我又是怎么知道的呢
But what do I know of it?
毕竟 看看我
After all, look at me.
我是一个发型像个大疯子的犹太白老头
I am an old white jew with crazy hair.
但我也曾因我的长相 血统而被区别对待过
But I too have been disparaged for how I look, for my heritage.
我们都有同样体面的人性
We all share the same decent humanity,
同样的好奇心 希望 梦想
the same curiosity, hopes, dreams.
同样的上帝
The same God.
他结交危险人士
He consorts with dangerous types.
共♥产♥党员 黑人 无政♥府♥主义者
Communists, negroes, anarchists.
长官 我不得不说
I have to say, sir
我很惊讶爱因斯坦成为被调查的对象
I'm surprised Einstein is the target of an investigation.
爱因斯坦的办公室已经被监听了
Einstein's office is already bugged.
美国联邦调查局总部
华盛顿特区 1947年
但我已决定要往这个案子里注入新鲜的血液
But I've decided to inject new blood into the case.
这就是叫你来的原因
That's why you're here.
机密
这可是能让你加官进爵的垫脚石 麦基
This could be a rewarding stepping stone for you, McKee.
你将是下一场战争的主力军
You'll be on the front lines of the next war.
战争 长官
War, sir?
共♥产♥主义是我们伟大的共和国现存的一个威胁
Communism is an existential threat to our great republic
而爱因斯坦就站在敌人的一方
and Einstein is on the side of the enemy.
查出能让我把这个狗♥娘♥养♥的关进监狱的证据
Find what I need to put this son of a bitch in jail,
或者
or
机密
至少也要给他一张回德国的单程票
at least send him on a one-way trip back to Germany.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
埃德加 这样值得吗
Is it worth it, Edgar?
对世界上最著名的科学家下手
Going after the worlds most famous scientist?
爱因斯坦侮辱了我
Einstein humiliated me.
我差点就丢了工作
I could have lost my job.
我的名声几乎毁于一旦
I almost did lose my reputation.
那个科学家说什么来着
What is it that the scientist say?
每一个动作
For each action,
都有均等且方向相反的两个力
an equal and opposite reaction...
核武器是世界和平的阻碍
Nuclear weapons are the obstacle to world peace,
而不是通往和平的路
not its solution.
但它们仍然存在
But they exist.
我认为 保证永不使用核武器的最好的办法
Well, I think the best way to ensure they are never used is
原♥子♥弹♥科学家紧急委员会
就是将控制权给发明创造它的科学家
to give control of them to the scientists who made them.
而不能给美国♥军♥队
Not the american military.
你觉得红军会把原♥子♥弹♥
You think the red army is going to leave the bomb
交给他们的科学家吗
to their scientists?
哈罗德说得对
Harold's right.
苏联就是个疯子
The soviets are mad.
这就是我们必须努力遏止的原因
Which is why we must push for containment.
那太不切实际了
That is a fantasy.
说得对 美国和苏联会继续
Exactly, the U.S. and the Soviets will continue
扩大自己的核储备量
to build their nuclear stockpiles.
也许他们应该这样
And perhaps they should.
李奥 你说什么呢
What the hell are you talking about, Leo?
你疯了吗
Are you crazy?
或许最终能拯救我们的
Perhaps what will ultimately save us
是两个足以毁灭彼此的超级力量了
is two superpowers with the ability to completely destroy one another.
使用原子武器导致别人用原子武器来报复
Atomic use leads to atomic retaliation
而这种报复又导致更多的报复
and that retaliation leads to more retaliation
我们终将彼此毁灭
and we end up at reciprocal annihilation.
这也是双方都不敢动用这种武器的原因
Which is why neither side will ever dare using even one weapon.
简直不敢相信
I cannot believe my ears.
对不起 里奥 但我不能
I'm sorry, Leo, but I cannot.
这太疯狂了
That is lunacy.
不论是碰巧 还是愚蠢 还是暴君的意志
Whether by accident, or idiocy, or the will of a tyrant,
这些武器都会投入使用
these weapons will be used.
一旦使用 上帝都帮不了我们了
And when they are, not even God can help us.
那你有什么提议 阿尔伯特
What is it you suggest, Albert?
一个世界性的政♥府♥
A world government.
凌驾于所有国家之上
It would sit on top of all existing nations and,
裁决一切争端 让世界大战
as an adjudicator in all disputes, would make world wars
成为历史
a thing of history.
没有国家会放弃主♥权♥
No nation would give up its sovereignty.
我们面临的是对人类生存的威胁
We're dealing with a threat to the basic existence of humanity.
以我的经验 我发现对于复杂的问题
In my own work, I find that when faced with an audacious problem,
常常要用复杂的解决方法
an audacious solution is usually the answer.
所以我们一起集思广益
So let's put our prodigious heads together
看看能想出什么办法
and see what we can come up with.
波姆教授来找你
Professor Bohm to see you?
当然
Of course.
大卫 进来
David! Come in.
我刚读了你的论文
I just read your paper.
太出色了
It's remarkable.
希望你能从中找到一些用来对付
Hopefully it will give you some ammunition to fire back
量子学派的论点
at the quantum contingent.
的确 而且时机正好
It does, and it came at just the right moment.
大卫·波姆
我卡在统一场论上面好几个月了
I've been stalled on unified field theory for months.
大卫·波姆
回忆一下我的论文里"隐藏变量"的定义
So you'll recall the idea of 'hidden variables' from my paper.
我们假设两个粒子 比如一个量子颗粒
If we can assume both a quantum particle, for example,
一个电子 和一个"引导波"控制它的运动
an electron, and a 'guiding wave' that governs its motion.
他也不在办公室
He's not at the office either.
我已经被苏黎世联邦理工录取
I've been admitted to Zurich Polytechnic
我会跟随你的脚步
I'll be following in your footsteps.
太好了
This is wonderful.
这会是一场非比寻常的探险
This will be an extra-ordinary adventure.
工程学 为什么
Engineering? But why?
工程学未来前景好 爸
Engineering is the future, Papa.
不 只是有人给你灌输这种思想
No. You've been sold a story.
那不是科学
It isn't science.
太小儿科了
It's tinkering.
小儿科
Tinkering?
汉斯 相信我 这对你来说太屈才了
Hans, trust me. This is beneath you.
你有天赋 你在科学上一直很有造诣
You have a gift. You've always excelled in science.
志存高远 然后把眼光放长远
Target your ambitions, and then aim higher.
工程学就是我的志向
Engineering is my ambition.
那不是科学 汉斯
It isn't science, Hans.
我不希望你像你妈妈一样放弃科学
I don't want you to give up on science like your mother did.
放弃 她为了我们所有人牺牲了她自己
Give up? She sacrificed herself for all of us.
主要是为了你
For you, most of all.
剧集 | 天才(2017) | 导航列表