剧集 | 天才(2017) | 导航列表
is the most famous scientist in the world.
再次反对他赢得诺贝尔奖
To deny him the Nobel again...
有人会说我们像傻子一样的
well, some might say we are beginning to look like fools.
非常感谢你
Thank you very much.
谢谢你 非常感谢
Thank you. Thank you so much.
愿上帝保佑你 爱因斯坦
God bless you, Einstein.
谢谢你
Thank you very much.
纽约 布朗克斯
爱因斯坦博士
Dr. Einstein!
爱因斯坦博士
Dr. Einstein!
爱因斯坦博士
Dr. Einstein!
孩子 你要去哪儿
Hey, kid! Where do you think you're going?
爱因斯坦博士
Dr. Einstein!
你要跑到哪里去
Where the hell do you think you're going, huh?
-爱因斯坦博士 -你这个熊孩子
- Dr. Einstein! - You bastard!
先生 请放开他吧
Please, sir, let him go.
你还好吗 孩子
Are you all right, young man?
为犹太人建个家园吧
To build a home for the Jews.
这钱我不能拿
I cannot take it.
他们把我父亲带走了 他们说他很危险
They took my father away. They said he was dangerous.
求你了
Please.
我希望他能有个家
I want him to have home.
你叫什么名字
What is your name?
奥西普
Osip.
谢谢你 奥西普
Thank you, Osip.
我答应你 我会尽力的
I promise I'll make good use of it.
谢谢你们的到来
Thank you for coming.
当我还是一个
As a young Jewish man
梦想着能发掘宇宙奥秘的年轻犹太人时
with dreams of discovering the mysteries of the universe...
我很幸运
I was lucky
遇到了很多鼓舞我的教授们
to have many inspiring professors.
然而 事实是
Well, the truth is,
他们中的大部分人都认为
most of my professors thought I would not grow up
我长大后不会有所成就
to accomplish much of anything.
我不是犹太人中最聪明的
I have not been the best of Jews.
今天之前 我已有一年未曾踏入犹太教堂
Before today, I had not set foot in a synagogue in years.
但现在 我开始相信
But now, I've come to believe
有一所传授犹太人传统的大学
a university that celebrates our heritage
对年轻人的未来 必不可少
is essential to the future of our youth.
今天 我在此和你们共同纪念
Today, I am here with you to celebrate
我们独特又充满价值的犹太传统
our Jewish heritage as special and of value.
独一无二的传统
Unique.
有人认为这很危险
Some people think it is dangerous,
认为我们是与众不同的
defining ourselves as different.
他们认为 我们要悄悄融入 不要引人注目
Blend in, they say. Do not stand out.
不要质疑当权
Do not ask questions of authority.
我觉得他们的话非常像我那些古板的老教授们
To me, they sound suspiciously like my stuffy old professors.
我们的值得被接受
We deserve to be accepted.
我们的传统 我们的信仰
Our heritage, our faith,
我们的习俗与历史
our traditions and history.
为何我们一定要融入其他民族
Why must we assimilate?
这样我们也无法获得公正
There is no justice in that.
只有损失
Only loss.
我们已经牺牲得够多了
Our people have sacrificed enough.
那趟旅程没有成功吗
So the trip wasn't a success?
大家没有我们想象得那么慷慨
People were not as generous as we had hoped.
不是这样的 爱尔莎
That's not true, Elsa.
有那个给了我五美分的小男孩 奥西普
There was that little boy, Osip, who gave me a nickel.
还有那个把结婚戒指放进了捐赠箱里的
And the poor woman in the Bronx who dropped
布朗克斯的穷苦妇人
her wedding ring in the donation box.
世事难料
Who knows?
也许将来 我们会再遇见她
Maybe one day, we'll bump into her again
我们可以给她买♥♥个新的
and we can buy her a new one.
我丈夫的乐观是他令人敬佩的品质之一
My husband's optimism is one of his most admirable qualities.
好吧
Right, then.
你知不知道筹款会上有什么人
Were you aware of any persons at these rallies
持有颠覆性的立场吗
who held subversive beliefs?
我就有
Well, I was there.
-阿尔伯特 -那么你持有的是
- Oh, Albert. - And what subversive beliefs
什么样的立场呢 爱因斯坦博士
do you hold, Dr. Einstein?
大部分都已经被证明了
Well, they're mostly established facts now.
比如分子的存在
Things like the existence of molecules,
重力可以让光线扭曲的理论
the notion that gravity bends light,
-微小的 -先生 我是指政♥治♥立场
- tiny... - Sir, I was referring to your political beliefs,
不是你的科学理念
not your scientific ideas.
不过我认为你是知道的
But I think you knew that.
是吗
You do?
因为你选的这个词
Because you chose two words
可以有很多意思
which can mean many things.
共♥产♥主义者 社♥会♥主♥义♥者 无政♥府♥主义者
Communists, socialists, anarchists.
你知不知道当时现场有...
Were you aware of their presence at...
我又没在入口处做问卷调查
I didn't take a survey at the door.
如果你要指控我什么
If you're going to accuse me of something,
盖斯特先生 请直奔主题吧
Mr. Geist, please, let's get to the point.
好的
Very well.
爱因斯坦博士 美国政♥府♥
Dr. Einstein, the United States government
有理由相信
has reason to believe that you are
你是一名共♥产♥党员
a member of the Communist Party.
"阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦建议 提倡
"Albert Einstein advises, advocates,
"并鼓动人们抵抗
"or teaches individual resistance
"所有公认的权威
"to all accepted authorities...
"无论是在和平还是战争的问题上
"whether it be a question of peace or war,
"还是政♥府♥部门或宗教团体
"government or religion,
数学或是人娄学"
mathematics or anthrology..."
她一定是指人类学
She must have meant anthropology.
我能看看吗
May I see that, please?
妇女爱国组织
The Women's Patriot Corporation.
你是在告诉我 我们之所以被审问
You mean to tell me that we are being interrogated
是因为一群八卦妇女写了封举报信吗
because a gaggle of honking geese wrote a letter?
妇女爱国组织
The Women's Patriot Corporation...
弗丁汉姆
Frothingham?
弗丁汉姆 怎么会有人叫这种名字
Frothingham, that can't possibly be a person's name.
弗丁汉姆女士和她的同胞
Mrs. Frothingham and her compatriots
都是心系国家的美国公民
are concerned American citizens.
胡佛局长认为她们的发现
Director Hoover feels their findings
值得被严肃对待
are worthy of being taken seriously.
这帮妇女倒是说对了一点
Well, these geese are right about one thing:
我确实蔑视权威
I do have a contempt for authority.
这倒是真的
Oh, it's true.
让我丈夫做某件事最好的办法就是
The surest way to get my husband to do what you want is to
-让他别这么做 -爱因斯坦博士
- tell him not to. - Dr. Einstein...
弗丁汉姆女士
Mrs. Frothingham
认为相对论跟讨论针尖上能容纳
suggests here that relativity is of no more practical importance
几个天使跳舞一样
than the number of angels
没有任何实际用途
dancing on the head of a pin.
中世纪哲学公案 认为天使是非物质的
针尖上无论有多少天使也不足为奇
你 或者弗丁汉姆女士觉得
How many angels do you, or Mrs. Frothingham,
针尖上能容纳多少天使
imagine could fit on the head of a pin...
并且还有空间跳舞呢
...and still have room to dance?
我建议你最好尊重下我
I suggest you treat me
尊重这个问询程序
and these proceedings with some respect.
你可没对我手下留情
You're not making it easy for me.
我们还是回归正题吧
Well, let's get back to the matter at hand, shall we?
你到底是不是共♥产♥党员
Are you in fact a member of the Communist Party?
盖斯特先生
Well, Mr. Geist,
尽管我对某些社♥会♥主♥义♥理念深感赞同
despite my deepest sympathy for certain socialist ideals...
比如呢
Such as?
经济公平
Economic fairness,
作为人类 我们有义务
the belief that it is our duty as humans
对社会做出贡献
to contribute to our communities.
但是说我加入共♥产♥党这种事
But the notion that I should join the Communist Party...
剧集 | 天才(2017) | 导航列表