没人知道我的任何事
no one there knew anything about me.
在水明漾 没人看"纽♥约♥时♥报♥"
No one reads The New York Times in Seminyak.
在一个新地方 谁管你做什么事
Being somewhere new, where no one gives a shit what you're doing,
这很卑微
is very humbling,
逼着你减少以自我为中心的意识
and it forces you to reduce your self-centeredness,
按他们的方式去办事
just deal with things the way they are.
在他乡从事烹饪
Cooking outside of the confines
远离竞争激烈的纽约市餐饮界
of the competitive New York City dining world,
我觉得 这改变了一切
that changes, I think, everything.
他开始重新了解自己
He started to relearn himself,
专注生活和手艺
concentrate on his life and his craft.
这让我摆脱了纽约没完没了的烂事
That got me out of the cycle of New York bullshit.
赋予我空间 还有时间
And that gave me the space and time
去学习如何使用这里的原料
to learn how to work with the ingredients that were here.
美味甜品需要的全部要素 那里都有
All the building blocks of delicious desserts are there.
巧克力有 肉豆蔻有
Chocolate's there, nutmeg is there,
椰子有 棕榈糖也有
coconut is there, palm sugar is there.
令其新鲜的方式 别处不可能有
Getting it fresh in a way you can't get it anywhere else.
我觉得在那时 无论对我 还是对甜品小屋
At that point, I felt like, for me and Room 4 Dessert,
事业未竟
there was unfinished business.
我想平和下来 再去努把力
I wanted to be at peace and do it right.
我准备好再试一次
I was ready to try again.
我们在乌布郊外 找到这个无人踏足的小地方
We'd found this little place outside of Ubud with zero foot traffic.
真正把全身心都投入进去
We really poured our heart and soul into it.
开业的时候 我们搞了个驱邪净场的仪式
When we opened, we had a ceremony to purify the place from the bad spirits.
在似乎是段新冒险的开端
It seemed like the beginning of a new adventure.
像是凤♥凰♥涅槃一样
And it definitely felt like rising from the ashes.
简直不敢相信
I couldn't believe it.
那会儿 我想 "行了 开始吧"
At that point, I was like, "All right, let's cook."
当他人证明自己能成功
When somebody shows that they can be successful
像在梦境中生活的时候
living what seems like a fantasy,
人们会重新评估自己想要的现实
people reevaluate what they want their reality to be.
"擦 巴厘岛 我该去开的
"Fuck. Bali, I should do that.
他能比我强到哪儿去
What does this guy know that I don't?
我能在巴厘岛开餐厅吗
Can I start a restaurant in Bali?
我有的逃吗
Can I escape?
我能上天堂吗"
Can I go to paradise?"
威尔像个密探
Will has been a provocateur,
作为主厨 你会不断地
and as a chef you're constantly battling
跟你的自我和不安感斗争
your own ego and your own insecurities.
但随着日渐成熟
But with a little bit of maturity,
你能克服那些不安感
you can overcome those insecurities
因为你已经超越了自我
because you've transcended your own ego.
搬去巴厘岛真是个机会
Moving to Bali was really a chance
可以重新开始 白手起家
to restart and build from the ground up.
如今 我认为照顾真实的人更令人着迷
Now, I think it's much more charming to take care of actual people
而不是在抽象真空里为自我打造什么
than to make something in an abstract vacuum for your own ego.
当你非常以自我为中心时
It's easy to lose sight of that
容易忽略这一点
when you're very self-centered.
威尔如今很淡定
There's a calm about Will now.
他了解自己 知道什么令他开心
He knows who he is, what makes him happy.
注射器里不再装东西
Nothing's in a syringe anymore.
他现在做的事更平和 因为他也一样
What he's doing now is much more serene, and it's because he is.
我现在很开心
I'm just so happy now,
这也许就是 因祸得福吧...
and I think of it as lucky that I fucked it up then...
否则我还在纽约苦苦挣扎
because otherwise I'd be struggling in New York
而不是在这儿享受生活
instead of here.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表