那感觉再好不过了
That's like the best part
你吃完所有谷物以后的留香
of when you're done eating all your cereal,
就像把这种牛奶喝光
is like the bottom's-up moment of drinking this flavored milk.
感觉就像是年轻的我会做的甜点
It feels like a dessert that I would make if I were a teenager.
但我在两难境地
But I'm in that weird
犹豫不决 我知道我不是小孩子了
in-between place of like, I know I'm not a kid.
我想要认真对待甜品
I want to be taken seriously through my dessert.
我不知道我是怎么想的 但我拿了一盒玉米片
I don't know what I think, but I grab a box of cornflakes
回到厨房♥ 开始做意式奶冻
and I go back to the kitchen and I start making panna cottas.
我等玉米片泡足20分钟...
I wait for the cornflakes to steep 20 minutes...
挤了尽可能多的牛奶
and I wring as much of the milk out as I can.
尝了尝 就觉得 "好 这个有意思
I taste a little, and I'm like, "Okay, this is interesting.
挺像回事"
Maybe this is something."
我给戴维带了一份
I bring one to Dave.
什么也没说 因为
I don't say anything because
我担心要是告诉他们是谷物牛奶
I'm worried if I tell them it's cereal milk,
他们会觉得太做作或者太差劲
they're gonna think it's too cutesy or too lame,
我不知道他们会作何看法
and I don't know how they're gonna receive it.
于是就走开 回到厨房♥
And I walk away, and I go back into the kitchen.
戴维跑着来找我
Dave comes running at me
眼睛瞪得圆圆的 说"这是什么"
with his eyes wide open and is like, "What is this?"
我说 "噢 谷物牛奶"
And I said, "Well, it's cereal milk."
他就 "就这个 就这个"
And he just, "This is it. This is it."
我就觉得 "天哪"
I was like, "Oh, my God!"
你尝到的时候 会立马想到童年
When you eat it, you're immediately at your childhood.
我尝到的时候
And that was when I tasted something,
就觉得 "这是世界级的餐点"
I was like, "This is a world-class dish."
我记得我说 "克里斯蒂娜 我们得
And I remember, like, "Christina, we need to put
往各种产品加这种谷物牛奶
whatever the fuck cereal milk is in everything.
这么神奇
It's that amazing.
我不知道你♥他♥妈♥怎么做的
I don't know what the fuck you did,
但我们得尽量用在各种产品里
but we need to put it in everything possible."
早上好 美女 近来如何
Good morning. How's it going, lovely woman?
-我能帮你做什么吗 -来吧
-Can I help you with anything? - Yes.
两份咖啡5.44美元
It'll be $5.44 for the two coffees.
-多谢 -你今天买♥♥什么
- Thank you so much. - Hey, what are you getting today?
戴维就觉得
Dave was like,
"你得选这种味道 尽快推广
"Yo, you need to take this flavor, and you need to run with it as far and as quickly as possible,
大家立马♥会♥追着你买♥♥
and people are gonna be chasing you down.
所有的冰淇淋大品牌
All of the big ice cream brands
都会做谷物牛奶冰淇淋
are gonna start making cereal milk ice cream,
都想从你的创意分一杯羹
and they're all gonna try and bite off your idea,
你得明确自己的定位"
and you need to figure out where you wanna be in that space."
去前台
Going out front.
我们有了一个新房♥东
We were getting a new landlord
在东村我们的一栋楼里
in one of our buildings in the East Village,
我们必须占着这个地方
and we have to take this space
不然有人就会抢先移到萨姆酒吧旁边
or somebody else is gonna move in next to Ssäm Bar
对我们来说就大事不好了
and it can be a whole thing for us.
戴维就觉得 "你怎么不接受呢"
And Dave was like, "Why don't you take it?"
一小空杯 来吧
A small empty cup? You got it.
你在这个人身上下注
You bet on the person.
-用餐愉快 -您需要点什么
- Have a good one. - What can I get for you?
她说过她想一展身手
She expressed that she wanted to spread her wings,
托西得走出屋里
and Tosi needed to get out of the house.
我的工作就是
My job is just to give
给她自♥由♥ 让她做自己要做的事
her the freedom to do what she needs to do.
戴维给了我权限
Dave helped give me permission to be like,
"我谁都不欠
"I don't owe anyone anything,
也不需要谁的准许"
and I don't actually need anyone's permission."
有点像"去他妈的世界 一切老娘来定"
A little bit like, "F the world, it's mine for the taking"
我掌管人生的时候到了
approach to life.
不像平时 他总是嘲笑我
As opposed to all of the other times in our friendship,
这次他一反常态跟我说
it only took him joking about it once for me to be like,
"太棒了 就这么干 就这么干吧"
"Great, let's do it. Let's do it."
牛奶吧开张前三周
Three weeks before we're supposed to open the doors to Milk Bar.
我一直在烘焙 为餐厅做甜点
I'm like, baking, making desserts for the restaurants,
直到半夜
and then in the middle of the night,
还在刮砖墙上的画
trying to scrape paint off a brick wall,
刮那些字
trying to strip a column.
她很担心 我们都很担心
She was scared. We were all scared.
但我觉得是时候
But I think this was the next
逼克里斯蒂娜更进一步了
level of me forcing Christina off the ledge.
说真的 我当时需要帮助
In true form, I needed help.
一些我多年没合作的朋友
I mean, I had people that I hadn't worked with in years
凌晨两点来帮忙搞定长椅
come by at 2:00 A.M. To help sand benches.
就像是有着缺陷美的纽约大家庭
It was like this beautifully imperfect New York family.
出于某些原因 我做的事吸引了这些人
For some reason, what I was doing attracted these people.
我心想 "我的天哪 这么多人来帮我"
I was like, "Holy shit! All those people came out to help me."
就像整个纽约都在帮牛奶吧开张
It literally took a village to get Milk Bar open.
2008年11月15日 开业日
November 15th, 2008. Opening day.
早上8点我们打开门 嘭
We opened the doors, 8:00 A.M. Boom.
队伍排到店外
There was a line out the door,
直到第二大道的拐角 就是这样
around the corner of Second Avenue. Just like that.
而我们在里面
And we were in it.
当时只有一小块地方
It was this tiny slip of a bakery,
和这个吧台差不多大 真的
like the size of this bar. It really was.
我们四五个人
And there was four or five of us
一整天都缩在里面烘焙
all scrunched in there, working and baking all day.
一帮年轻人就这样
A bunch of young kids just like,
"嘿 我们就这么跟着
"Hey, we're gonna do this bakery,
大胆的克里斯蒂娜干下去
and Christina's our fearless leader,
她知道自己在干什么"
and she knows what she's doing,"
虽然她只比我们领先半步
even though she was half a step ahead of us the whole time.
我终于有属于自己的东西了
I finally had something that was mine,
我完全了解的东西
that I had figured out,
我要做的只有创造美食
and the only thing I needed to do was create awesome food.
一切都发生得太快了 我们都忙疯了
It all happened so quickly, and we were so crazy busy.
每时每刻都忙得爆♥炸♥
Like, we were exploding out the seams.
突然间我出去的时候有人问我
Then all of a sudden, I'd be out and people are like,
"你做什么的" 我回答 "我在牛奶吧工作"
"What do you do?" I was like, "I work at Milk Bar."
他们马上 "噢 我的天哪"
They'd be like, "Oh, my God!"
我们以为已经够忙了
We thought we were already busy,
后来的那条新闻 才是真正的爆♥炸♥
and then we got this press and it was an explosion.
纽约有一家我刚发现的烘焙坊
There is this bakery in New York that I just discovered
改变了...
that has changed the way...
我从不知道曲奇饼也能这么好吃
I didn't know cookies could taste so good.
你告诉过我那家店的名字
You told me the name of it.
安德森·库珀让牛奶吧成了一股热潮
Anderson Cooper blew Milk Bar up.
我记得叫牛奶吧
I think it's called Milk.
在一家叫百福的餐厅隔壁
It's next to a restaurant called Momofuku.
他说了整整三分钟
He talks about it for three minutes straight
用一种你完全无法想象的方式
in a way that, you're like, you could not have dreamed this.
你花钱都办不到 只能...
You couldn't have paid for it. You could just...
他们有一种派 叫蜜糖派...
They have a pie. It's called crack pie...
你跟我说过这个派
You told me about the pie.
... 真的火爆全场 不可思议 那个派的惊喜
... that is literally crack. There is crack in that pie,
一旦你尝过那个派
because once you have that pie,
你脑海里除了那个派 别的什么都不会想
you can think of nothing else but having more of that pie.
那是一段前所未有的兴奋又具有挑战的日子
It could not have come at a more beautiful, challenging time.
一下子 不仅仅纽约
To be like, so now, not only does everyone in New York City
想知道蜜糖派是什么
want to know what crack pie is,
现在整个美国
now everyone across America
都为这个蜜糖派疯狂
is obsessed with getting their hands on this crack pie.
我很享受那段时光
And I was just living in that moment.
直到我母亲的同事告诉她
It wasn't until people that worked with my mom would say, like,
"我在玛莎·史都华的节目里看到你女儿了"
"I saw your daughter on Martha Stewart," Or,
"看看这篇杂♥志♥文章 写的是你女儿在做的事"
"Look at this article of your kid in a magazine doing something,"
她才真正觉得
that she actually realized
也许她可以放心一点了
that maybe she could breathe a little bit.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表