上帝保佑我的父母 他们在我身上下了多大的赌注
God bless my parents. They were sure running a number on me.
但我相信是这些帮助我成功的
But I do think that it set me up for success in life.
他们给我的纸条里写着
And I have notes from them saying,
"你挺过来了
like, "You've been through it all.
你度过了艰难的时刻 我为你感到骄傲"
You've had such a hard time, and I'm so proud of you."
我曾经是她哥哥 我仍然把自己当作她的兄长
I was her brother. I still consider myself her older brother.
就算兄妹之间
But even older brothers with little sisters,
妹妹总有一天会说
the sister gets to a point, like,
"我再也不要听哥哥的话了"
"I'm not gonna listen to brother anymore."
但我不介意妹妹胜过哥哥
But I'm okay if the sister outshines the brother.
对她一点也不介意
Totally okay with that.
她现在是自己的主人了
She's her own boss now.
牛奶吧的宗旨是
The spirit of Milk Bar is,
"进来 欢迎光临 这是为你打造的"
"Come in. You're welcome. We're here for you."
这不是什么高端餐厅
It's not this elitist place.
对我来说很重要
And that’s important to me.
在这里 不需要什么预定
It's not about, like, only if you can get a reservation,
或者花很多钱
and only if you have a certain amount of money
或者很多时间才能享受到
or a certain amount of time.
你不需要去一个上等餐厅
You don't need to go to a fine dining,
点份套餐才能享受
multi-course menu to indulge.
我觉得我的道路里有些东西
I think there is something
和美国梦息息相关
about my path that is very American Dreamy,
它代表了机会
and it's representative of the opportunity
你遇见 抓住 并用这个机会来实现自我
that you see, that you take, that you carve out for yourself.
你如何走出去抓住这个机会
And what you go out and get.
你值得去成为任何你想成为的人
You're allowed to be anything that you wanna be,
没人有资格提出异议
and no one gets to tell you differently.
我是个几乎能做任何点心的糕点师
I'm a pastry chef that can do basically anything.
但我选择了更脚踏实地的事
But I choose to do something that is more down-to-earth.
我做这些不是为了传达信息
It's not something that I went out to do to send a message.
而是当我停下来思考的时候
But it's something that, when I stop to think about,
能真正感到骄傲
I'm really proud of.
我创造的 烘焙的 提供给人们的食物
The food that I think of and bake and feed people with...
都带着慰藉 欣喜和关怀
has a sense of comfort and joy and care.
正是因为这些在美国
And it's through the style of these baked goods
传承了世代的
that have existed in America
烘焙食物的方式
for generations and generations before me,
让我有信心期待着一代又一代的降临
and I'm confident for generations and generations to come.
这样 当孩子们想到做蛋糕的时候
And that, when kids think about making a cake,
他们很多人想到的是不为边缘封上糖霜
a lot of them are thinking about not frosting the sides of it.
他们想到的是
And they're thinking about
利用他们无边无际的想象力
using their imagination with limitless bounds.
只要想到这是从我开始的
And to think that, that started with me,
想到我是这些
and that I get to be a
一代代人的一部分
part of that for every generation that comes,
想到我能有机会
and I have the opportunity
向所有的前辈们致敬
to honor all of the generations before me,
传承并且坚持下去...
and to take it and run with it...
这让我兴奋地无以言表 这太酷了
It just leaves me speechless. It's pretty cool.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表