剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表
难道说当愚蠢藏在政♥治♥的外衣下?
The other way--are we saying that
stupidity can never be grounds for discharge
就不能成为解雇的理由吗?
when it's cloaked in political content?
他是老板 这是他的公♥司♥
He's the boss. It's his company.
因此只要合法
他就能随意雇佣或是解雇
So as long as he stays within the law,
he gets to hire and fire who he wants.
保护不容置疑的投票权
是民♥主♥国家的基本原则
The unassailable right to vote is
the core principle of any democracy.
而且人♥民♥有权利投给他们想投的人
And people have the right to cast
their ballot for whomever they want--
无论为了什么缘由 或是毫无缘由
for good reasons or for bad
reasons or for no reason at all.
面对现实 法官大人
我们是个对政♥治♥事件消息不灵通的民族
Let's face it, your honor, we as a nation are
horribly uninfmed when it comes to politics.
大约有三分之一到达选举年龄的国人
Approximately one-thd of the people
in this country, people of voting age,
说不出我们现在的副总统的名字
couldn't tell you the name
of our current vice president.
显然 我们中有人会试图掩饰
Now admittedly, some of
us like to block it out,
即便如此 五个美国成年人中只有两个
知道我们的政♥府♥是三权分立的
but even so, only two in five adult americans
know we have three branches of government.
而Feldcamp先生却期望他的员工
能真正地了解时事?
And mr. Feldcamp expects his employees to
actually know the political issues of the day?
现今的新闻节目只有耸人听闻的标题
和候选人的只言片语
Well, today our news programs consist solely
of sensational headlines and sound bites.
于是人们放弃报纸转向互联网
不再相信那些有资历的新闻工作者
People forgo newspaper for the internet, where
instead of relying on credentialed journalists,
他们求助于博客写手
they turn to
these bloggers--
一种从原始软泥中出现的初级生命体
sort of entry-level life-forms that intellectlly
have yet to emerge from the primordial ooze.
这就是我们怎么选举的
This is how we've gotten the
elected officials we've gotten.
我们从没真正关心议题 得了吧
We've never really cared
about issues. Come on.
我们更在乎希拉里穿裤装会怎样
或奥巴马是否会打保龄球
We're more concerned with how hillary looks
in a pantsuit or whether barack can bowl.
我们不一定支持最好的或是最英明的
We don't always go for
the best or the brightest.
我们选那个最想和他喝酒的家伙
We elect the guy we'd most
like to have a beer with
或最想在车后座和她调情的女人
or the gal we'd most like to
feel up in the back of the car.
当然我不会这么对我的飞行员
或是会计 医生
Now I certainly wouldn't pick my airline
pilot that way or my accountant or doctor,
但对我的总统 经常是
but for my president, so often, it's,
"工人阶级 最合得来的一起吃早餐的人"
"give me the blue-collar, lunch-bucket, good ol'
boy who fits in best at the pancake breakfast."
Feldcamp先生的问题是 原谅我
The problem with mr.
Feldcamp, and forgive me,
我不想这么评价别人 他是精英论者
I hesitate to say this about
anybody, but he's an elitist.
反对
Objection.
我知道这比说他愚蠢更恶劣
I realize that's much worse
than being called stupid.
Shore先生 别跑题
Mr. Shore, let's stay on message.
我要说的就是 我们投给我们喜欢的人
The message is, we vote for who we like.
就是这么简单
It's as simple as that.
不需要理由
We don't need to have a reason.
就这么简单 我们的国父们
可没建立智者统治的国家
It's as simple as that. The founding
fathers did not form a meritocracy.
这可是民♥主♥的国家
This is a democracy.
我们想多笨就多笨
We can be as stupid as we choose.
我们是美国人 我们就这么单纯
We're americans. We're
as simple as that.
好吧 听着... 我不喜欢他的做法
All right. Look... I don't like it.
但是正如我们不干涉别人怎么投票
But just as we don't get into why a
person voted the way he or she did,
我们也绝不干涉老板怎么解雇员工
nor do we get into why a boss
terminates somebody in an at-will.
等一下 听上去我要输了
Whoa, whoa, wait. It
sounds like I'm losing.
你的禁令性补救提议被驳回
Your motion for an
injunctive relief is denied.
如果她想因薪酬缺损上诉
我也不会阻止她
If she wants to sue for
lost wages, I can't stop her.
但我们这里结束了 休庭
But we're done here. We are adjourned.
抱歉 Martha
I'm sorry, martha.
你不够努力
You didn't try hard enough.
所以才输的
That's what happened.
下次我就会来起诉你了
I'll be suing you next.
我从来没喜欢过你
I never liked you.
她还是在高中时比较有趣
She seemed much more fun in high scho.
好吧
oh, well.
Shirley 本来想能胜诉的
我预定了利兹酒店的小小庆祝晚宴
Shirley, in anticipation of winning, I booked
a little celebration dinner at the ritz.
就是那个配有私人房♥间
好供我们酒后乱性的酒店吧
The restaurant that comes equipped with private
rooms should we have too much celebratory wine.
Shirley 人的一生总是由
男女的经验组成
Shneley, o's life is a sum
of his or her experiences.
好吧 Alan
Okay, alan.
只要Denny 同意
With denny's permission.
什么? 为什么你要...
What? Why
do you need--
因为我需要他的同意
because I do.
在那之前...我会等着的
Till then... I'll be waiting.
陪审团裁决一致么?
Has the jury reached a verdict?
是的 法官大人
we have, your honor.
裁决如何?
How say you?
在弗吉尼亚联邦对Preston Holt一案中
"In the matter of the commonwealth
of virginia "vs.Preston holt "
二级谋杀罪名
on the charge of murder
in the second degree,
我们认为被告罪名不成立
"we find the defendant not guilty."
法庭感谢你们的出席
The court thanks you for your service.
被告无罪释放 休庭
The defendant is free
to go. We are adjourned.
- 谢谢你 Sack先生
- 不客气
- thank you, mr. Sack.
- Uh, you're welcome.
我没太摸透你的策略 不过...
I wasn't exactly sure of
your strategy there, but--
别担心 我也没摸透
not to worry. Neither was I.
谢谢你 Crane先生
thank you, mr. Crane.
不客气 孩子
You're welcome, son.
竞选的时候
Do you think it's odd that
when running for office,
常青藤联盟大学的文凭是个累赘
这可笑么?
having an ivy league education
is considered a liability?
- 不觉得
- 你不觉得?
- No.
- You dot?
一个哈佛毕业生把我们送去越南
一个耶鲁毕业生把我们送去伊♥拉♥克♥
No, a harvard grad took us into
vietnam, a yale grad bought us iraq.
我们吸取了很多教训
We've learned our lesson.
Denny... 就私底下说说
你真认为他从耶鲁毕业了?
Denny... between you and me, do we
really think he made it through yale?
上面有人帮忙呗
With a little help.
Denny 有件...
denny, there'S...
有点儿...
something a little...
一件小事我想谈谈
well, delicate I've
been meaning to discuss.
什么事?
What?
人们说当一个人...衰老了
Well, they say as a man...ages,
最终会只剩下记忆伴他左右
he eventually sits alone
with nothing but his memories.
我担心...
I'm concerned that...
得了...疯牛病
well, with the...mad cow,
你可能临终前会丧失记忆
y-you could possibly be robbed
of your memories in the end.
这多么可怕啊
And what a horrible thing,
不能唤起记忆...
not being able to even
recollect the things...
想起那些给你无尽欢乐的事
that brought you your most profound joy.
和Shirley做♥爱♥...
Making love to shirley...
如果有一天...
how sad if one day...
你想不起来那些...
you weren't able to remember all the...
剧集 | 波士顿法律(2004) | 导航列表