剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表
The assessor rang. He said--
估税员来电♥话♥ 他说...
Is this Mr. Case?
是科斯先生吗
He didn't give a name.
他没报名字
Well, I'm not paying them twice.
我不会交两份钱的
Put that money away and let's not talk about it. All right?
把钱收起来 以后别再提了 好吗
This land is opportunity
这片土地就是机遇
and you can double your investment in a month,
一个月下来您的投资就能翻翻
especially with the railroad expanding.
尤其是铁通还在扩建
Just last week there was
就在上周
a shipping clerk from Syracuse.
一个锡拉丘兹来的航运员
never left the train station.
都没出火车站
Sold his deed in the washroom,
在洗手间里就把地卖♥♥了
headed back north on the next train 15,000 to the good.
带着一万五千块回了北方
I'll tell you, Mr. Logan,
我跟您说 罗根先生
you will not be sorry.
你是不会后悔的
Thanks, buddy.
谢了兄弟
Quite a racket.
很帅气
It's a Bancroft.
牌子货
I was talking about the real estate game.
我说的是地♥产♥买♥♥卖♥♥
Say, can any Joe buy in?
任何人都可以买♥♥吗
Well, sure, if he's got the dough.
当然 只要有资本
Just so happens I'm selling lots in Pineapple Grove.
我手头正好有大♥片♥菠萝林的地要卖♥♥
Hottest new development in Tampa.
坦帕市最火的开♥发♥区
Is that so?
是吗
Say, that shipping clerk who sold his deed in the washroom,
那个在洗手间里卖♥♥了地♥产♥的职员
did he wipe the shit off his hands before he signed it?
签字时手上的屎擦净了吗
A wise guy, huh?
聪明人
Call me Nucky. Skeeter Walsh.
叫我努基 斯基特·沃尔什
Skeeter?
斯基特
Well, Pop said I was always buzzing around, so...
老爸说我当时特别吵...
Not that you're a bloodsucker?
不是说你是吸血鬼
No offense, but I've met my share of salesmen.
无意冒犯 可我见的推销员真是太多了
Well, what we've got sells itself.
我们的东西无需推销
Swampland at 100 bucks an acre.
沼泽地卖♥♥到每英亩一百美元
We're only giving people what they want.
我们只给人们想要的
I know a little about that myself.
我就不知道自己想要什么
Again. And for my friend here as well.
再来一杯 给这位朋友也来一杯
Lighter on the blood, heavier on the Mary.
少加橙汁 多加伏特加
So how's this all work?
你们怎么运作的
I'm buying the drinks here, so give it to me square.
酒水我请 所以给我照直说
Well, me and the other fellas, we're Binder Boys, see?
我和这里的小伙子 都是拉客的
We take the deposits, the binders.
我们收定金 抽成
It's 10% usually. Of the purchase price?
一成 成交价的
Which is enough to hold the property.
这些钱就够买♥♥地了
It's booming down here since Temple Terrace opened.
庙台开放之后人潮蜂拥而至
And that's just the beginning. You don't say.
而且这只是开始 这是自然
There's three more developments coming.
还有更多的开♥发♥项目
Country clubs, golf courses, 80 miles of paved streets.
乡村俱乐部 高尔夫球场 八十英里的长街
Not to mention quarter-million-dollar Roman pools.
更不用提耗资二十五万美元的罗马浴场
And the buyers are lining up?
所以买♥♥家排起了长龙
Put it this way-- last year there were nine Binder Boys.
这么说吧 去年这里有九个拉客员
This year, 74.
今年 七十四个
I say that you ought to get rich,
我说需要你变富有的时候
it is your duty to get rich.
致富是你的责任
The men who get rich may be the most honest men
富有之人或许就是
you find in the community.
本地最为诚实之人
That is why they are rich.
这就是他们能够富有的原因
That is why they are trusted with money.
也就是他们能够获得金钱信任的原因
That is why they carry on great enterprises
也因此他们才能成就大事业
and find plenty of people to work with them.
并得到许多人的共同帮助
A man is not really a true man
一个人 在拥有属于自己的家之前
until he owns his own home.
都不能算是一个真正的人
And they that own their own homes
拥有属于自己的家的人
are made more honorable and honest and pure.
更光荣 更诚实 更纯净
Bucket. Hey, Henry.
巴克特 亨利
What's this woofy?
这是搞什么
A speech by old man Conwell.
老家伙康威尔的演讲
Sap sells his farm to go look for diamonds
挖了自己农场想找钻石
when all along his own place is lousy with them.
可是他自家附近什么都没有
Well, ain't that ironical?
是不是很讽刺
Say, who's gonna butt me?
谁给我来支烟
Got a Lucky?
有烟吗
Sure, Bucket.
当然 巴克特
Only my pals call me Bucket.
兄弟才能叫我巴克特
Say, nobody told me Colleen Moore enrolled in school.
没人告诉我考琳·摩尔来上学了[好莱坞女星]
Brother, can you lay it on thick.
兄弟 能老实点儿吗
You sit behind me in English lit.
英国文学课上你坐我后面
So, tonight after lights out,
今晚熄灯之后
we've got some Paul Whiteman records
我们有保罗·惠特曼的唱片
and we are gonna dust off that Victrola.
准备试试留声机
Doris and I already have plans.
我和桃瑞丝已经有安排了
With some juniors from Penn Sigma Chi.
和宾州大学男生会的几个新生
Those bums are all wet. Wet is why we're going.
那几个货衰的很 衰我们才去
Well, we have plenty of giggle juice.
我们有好东西喝
Actually, we don't.
其实没有啊
Well, that settles that, then, doesn't it?
这就说明一切了
Maybe next time.
下次吧
I can get some.
我能弄到
Some what?
弄到什么
Some booze.
酒
Like fun you can.
能搞到才怪
No, really. I-- I know someone.
不 是真的 我有路子
So, tonight, then?
那就今晚
The basement?
地下室
Well, then, it's a date.
那么说定了
He will be great anywhere.
那无论在哪他都将有所成就
I sympathize with the poor,
我同情穷♥人♥
but let us remember...
但是别忘了
...there is not a poor person in America,
美♥利♥坚♥合众国没有穷♥人♥
the United States, who was not made poor
他们之所以是穷♥人♥
by his own shortcomings.
全是因为自己不争气
It's clean, relatively.
还算干净
Certainly spacious enough to fit a bachelor's needs.
对单身汉来说够宽敞
Half expect to see Sherlock Holmes come through the door.
还有点期待福尔摩斯会从门里出来
You're not convinced.
你不喜欢啊
The windows face west.
窗户是朝西的
It'll be like the Sahara come 4:00 P.M.
下午的太阳能晒死我
Then again, I would be at the office.
办公室的太阳已经够我受的了
Are you always so indecisive?
你老是这么拿不定主意吗
Not in business, but personally, yeah.
生意上不是 私事的确是这样
It's endearing.
真惹人爱
Clara found it maddening.
克莱拉觉得烦死人了
Well, Clara was wrong.
那她就错了
You know, I wonder, uh...
其实我在想
Yes? Well...
什么 那个
Another moment of indecision?
又拿不定主意了吗
This evening...
今晚
a man named Hewson, big Ike in the A&P chain,
有个叫休森 是连锁店的同行
rather old-fashioned from what I hear,
不过思想很保守
he's in town with his wife.
他跟老婆来这了
I'm supposed to meet them for dinner.
我要跟他们共进晚餐
You're not making this easy.
你让我越来越难开口了
Are you asking me to join you?
你是想邀我一起去吗
Well, yes.
是的
But, you see, it's very important it go well.
这顿晚餐很重要
He-- he thinks I'm still married.
他以为我还没离婚
You've never met?
你们还没见过吗
No, I've spoken to him on the phone.
没有 一直是电♥话♥联♥系♥
If he finds out that I'm divorcing--
要是他发现我离婚了
You want me to pretend to be your wife?
你想让我假扮你妻子
剧集 | 大西洋帝国(2010) | 导航列表