俄♥国♥人 中国人和美国人
the russians, the chinese and the americans,
从政♥府♥的角度来看 这三个会登上月球和火星
are gonna get to the moon and mars from a government standpoint.
但我告诉你 不管我们愿不愿意
But I'm telling you, some of these rich billionaires
这些亿万富翁中的一些人都会成功的
are gonna get there whether we want them to or not.
奇尔德里斯:而且他们可能比这些政♥府♥做得更划算
Childress: And they can probably do it a lot more cost effective than these governments.
现在我们离火星越来越近了
Well, now that we're getting close to mars,
你觉得我们会在那里找到很多问题的答案吗?
do you think we'll find some answers to a lot of our questions there?
我要告诉你一个我迫不及待想知道的答案
Well, I'll tell you one answer that I can't wait to find.
有张照片你还能找到
Uh, there's a-a photograph that you can still find it
在火星勘测轨道飞行器的数据库里
in, uh, the database from the mars reconnaissance orbiter.
它就像 一小滩水
And it shows, like, a little pool of water
还有冰山和云 都在一张照片里
and an iceberg and a cloud, uh, all in the same picture.
所以我认为我们一定会找到水
So I think we're certainly gonna find water,
如果我们要找到水 而且我们知道气温是67度
and if we're gonna find water and we know it gets 67 degrees
——在夏天……我们会发现生命
-in the summer... -We find life.
-当然 这就是我们要去找的 -索卡罗斯:看
-Absolutely, that's what we're gonna find. -Tsoukalos: See,
但有件事 你知道 对我来说…
but here's the thing that, you know, to me...
-我正在寻找的生命… -是的
-The life I am looking for... -Yeah.
…看起来就像你和我
...Looks like you and me.
它在形式上是类人的
It is humanoid in-in form.
如果我们发现了细菌 没问题
Uh, if we find bacteria life, okay.
在我看来 我想说
And, in my opinion, I'm gonna say it:
-大声呼喊 -大多数人都是这么想的
-Big whoop. -Taylor: That's what most people, I think,
会说 乔治 我同意
will say, giorgio. I-I agree.
不过 让我来告诉你 火星有可能是颗蓝色的行星
Let me tell you this, though. It's possible that mars was the blue-green planet here, you know,
十亿年前像地球一样
a billion years ago instead of earth,
不管火星上发生了什么
and when, whatever happened to mars,
他们从那里迁移到这里
they migrated from there to here.
从火星迁移到地球?
Narrator: Migration from mars to earth?
一些古代的宇航员理论家提出了一个令人难以置信的观点
Some ancient astronaut theorists have proposed the incredible notion that
事实上 人类
the human race did, in fact,
起源于地球最近的行星
originate on earth's closest neighboring planet,
他们相信 人类所有的太空之旅
and it is their belief that all of humankind's journeys into space
都是为了回到我们祖先的家园
have been leading towards a return to this ancestral homeland.
虽然这听起来像是科幻电影的前提
While it may sound like the premise of a sci-fi movie,
但一些科学家提出
some scientists have proposed that,
根据我们对这颗红色星球的了解
based on what we've learned about the red planet,
这不是一个牵强附会的想法
this is not such a far-fetched notion after all.
火星在过去的一个时期看起来更像地球
Mars at one time in its past looked more like the earth.
那是一个有着大量水的蓝色海洋世界
It was a blue ocean world with a significant amount of water.
我们知道 数十亿年前
We know for a fact that billions of years ago,
当我们刚开始在地球上起始时
when we were first getting started here on earth,
火星是一个温和得多的地方
mars was a much more clement place,
一个更温和的世界
a more clement world in its own.
我们知道它有厚厚的大气层来保护和覆盖火星
We know that it had thick atmosphere to shield and blanket the planet,
会有有机分子
and it would have had organic molecules,
构成我们所知的所有生命的基石
the building blocks of all life as we know it.
所以很有可能火星有自己的起源 生命的起源
So it stands to reason that maybe mars had its own genesis, its own origin of life.
如果火星曾经是类地行星
Narrator: If mars was once an earth-like planet,
它能维持人类的生命吗?
could it have supported human life?
奇怪的是 研究人员发现了人类生理机能
Curiously, researchers have found a remarkable link
和火星环境之间的显著联♥系♥
between human physiology and conditions on mars.
当宇航员进入太空时
When astronauts actually go into space,
他们的昼夜节律 生物钟
their circadian rhythms, their body clocks,
从24小时变为24.9小时
change from 24-hour days to a 24.9-hour day,
而这恰好是火星上一天的旋转周期
and that happens to be the exact rotational period of a single day on the planet mars.
考虑到我们的生物钟是根据火星而不是地球调整的
Given the fact that our body clocks are tuned to the planet mars, not to the planet earth,
这表明我们实际上是从火星来的
that indicates to me that we actually came here from there.
我们事实上是火星人吗?
Narrator: Could we, in fact, be martians?
也许这就是为什么我们如此迫切地要探索地球之外的地方?
And might this be why we are so compelled to explore beyond earth?
2020年4月
In April 2020,
美国宇航局宣布三家私营公♥司♥
nasa announced that three private companies
蓝色起源 动力公♥司♥和SpaceX
blue origin, dynetics and spacex,
将竞争设计美国新的人类着陆系统
will compete to design america's new human landing system,
或叫HLS
or hls.
它的最终目的是:把宇航员送上火星
Its ultimate purpose: To send astronauts to mars.
波普:我认为未来几年将是火星研究的关键时期
Pope: I think the next few years are going to be absolutely pivotal in mars research.
我们看到了一个又一个的火星任务
We are seeing mission after mission after mission going to mars,
人们可能会再次问为什么
and, again, one might wonder why.
这是因为当人类向宇宙扩张时
Is it because, when humanity expands out into the cosmos,
我们必须有一个行星基地 而火星是个好地方?
we are going to have to have a planetary base and mars is a good place for that?
还是因为科学家们知道或者怀疑那里有什么东西?
Or is it because scientists know or suspect that there's something there?
我们不知道现在火星上有什么 但我们可以推测
We don't know what's on mars right now, but we can speculate.
有一些照片
There are some photos.
有一些书推测火星上存在某种结构
There are books that speculate there are structures on mars.
我更倾向于认为火星上有一些结构 确实有
I like to think that there are structures on mars and there was
一个古老的文明也许已经消亡了
an ancient civilization there that-that perhaps is dead.
还有奇怪的巨石
And you have also this curious monolith
-在火星的卫星火卫一上 -索卡罗斯:火卫一 -哦,火卫一 是的
-on the martian moon phobos. -Tsoukalos: Phobos. -Oh, phobos. Yeah.
索卡罗斯:有趣的是
Tsoukalos: What's interesting, too,
例如塞东尼亚地区
for example, the cydonia region.
据说那就是金字塔所在的地方
That is where allegedly the pyramids are.
-当然 -那是怎么回事?
-Absolutely. -Childress: What is that doing there?
这是自然形成的吗?
Is that a natural formation?
我是说 这看起来像是人造的
I mean, this seems like a very artificial thing.
研究NASA火星表面照片的研究人员
Narrator: Researchers studying nasa photographs of the martian surface
已经确定了一些人造结构
have identified what appear to be a number of artificial structures.
马克•卡洛托:这里有很多金字塔结构 叫做“城市”
Mark carlotto: There's a number of pyramidal structures called the "city."
火星上有一张著名的脸
there's a famous face on mars.
这或许可以证明
It could be evidence of, perhaps,
火星上的史前文明
of a prehistoric civilization on mars.
波普:在火星上找到微生物存在的确凿证据只是时间问题
Pope: It's only a matter of time before we find absolutely definitive evidence of microbes on mars.
也许吧 当然 这绝对是圣杯级别的证物
Maybe, and this would be the absolute holy grail, of course,
也许我们会找到古代文明的指纹
maybe we will find the fingerprints of an ancient civilization.
当第一批宇航员到达火星时
Narrator: When the first astronauts reach mars,
他们会发现之前有人去过这颗红色行星的证据吗?
will they discover evidence that the red planet has been visited before
或者可能发现更深刻的东西?
or perhaps something even more profound?
你知道 几十年来 我们一直有关于火星的这些问题
You know, for decades, we've had these questions about mars.
现在我们刚刚开始能够很快到达那里
And now that we are at the beginning of actually soon being able to go there,
我们会有这些答案 可能就在我们有生之年
we will have these answers and possibly within our own lifetimes.
我们生活在这样一个激动人心的时代
And we live in such exciting times.
泰勒:NASA计划在本世纪30年代进行首次载人火星任务
Taylor: Nasa plans to make their first manned mars mission within the 2030s.
这意味着我们离成功只有10年左右的时间了
So that means we're only ten-ish years away from that,
所以我们应该看到这一点
and so we should get to see that.
如果那里有文明
If there was a civilization there,
很可能宇航员会在原本存在文明的地方着陆
it's likely that they're gonna land close to where it might have been.
-是的 -最终
-Yeah. -And, eventually,
-会有人无意中发现它 -奇尔德里斯:也许
-somebody's gonna stumble across it. -Childress: Maybe when
当我们去火星 我们就会回到火星
we go to mars, we'll be returning to mars,
实际上就是我们源自那里
having actually come there originally ourselves.
-你必须对这种可能性持开放的态度 -是的
-And you have to have an open mind to the possibility. -Yeah.
泰勒:但在我们的进化过程中还有更多东西
Taylor: But there's more to it in our evolution.
我们不能就这么呆在这儿 迟早有一天
We can't just stay here. Sooner or later,
将会发生一些对地球来说 将会是灭绝级别的事件
something will happen that would be an extinction-level event to the earth.
如果我们想让人类生存下去 我们就必须离开地球
We have to leave earth if we want humanity to survive.
正确
Right.
这真是 真是太不可思议了
This is, uh-- has been such an incredible
这个对话太精彩了
and fascinating conversation that, you know,
我们现在生活在最激动人心的时代
we live in the most exciting of times right now
因为随着太空旅行的私有化
because with the privatization of space travel,
我们注定要重返太空
we are destined to go back into space
探索我们自己的太阳系 然后超越它
and explore our own solar system and then go beyond,
因为这就是我们的一部分
because this is part of who we are.
泰勒:我认为 在不到一百年的时间里
Taylor: I think, in less than a hundred years,
我们要提高物理学的知识
we're going to advance physics knowledge enough
我们将能够以任意快的速度移♥动♥
that we will be able to travel at speeds that are arbitrarily fast,
比如曲速发动机之类的
meaning like warp speeds and things like that.
在我们的理论物理中 有一种理论可以做到这一点
We have an understanding within our theoretical physics to do it.
-接下来是工程部件 -对
-It's the engineering pieces that's next. -Right.
奇尔德里斯:对,好吧 -事情是这样的
-Childress: Right, okay. -So, and here's the thing.
剧集 | 远古外星人(2009) | 导航列表