if I was like, Jonny, you idiot.x9d
就算我说:“乔尼 你这白♥痴♥”也没有好处
Fitzy hates having to eat crow
on that deal.
菲茨西蒙斯讨厌必须承认错误
We would have made sure
to be like, Oh, yep, told you.x9d
我们本来肯定会说:
“对啊 早就说了”
So Masters did a good job
of staying humble through that.
所以马斯特斯在整件事情中 保持谦逊 做得很好
I don't think I would have been able
to resist that opportunity.
我不认为我会放过那个机会
See you in a couple of days.
几天后再见
[Masters] I started this thing
with one mission--
开始旅程的时候 我有一个任务
that's to get my entire crew
to that Canadian border
就是把所有成员带到加拿大边境去
and to get all these horses
to that Canadian border.
把所有野马带到加拿大边境去
And I failed on getting
all the horses there,
我无法把所有野马带过去
but I'm gonna get my entire crew there.
但我会带领所有成员到那里去
And if that means sucking a little pride,
I can suck some pride.
如果这表示我要舍弃一些傲气,那我就舍弃吧
[Fitzsimons] I would like to see
as many mustangs adopted as possible
我希望尽可能看到更多野马被收养
if it's done responsibly.
被负责任的人收养
But the fact of the matter is
when you adopt one of those horses,
然而事实上 当你收养一头野马
more often than not,
在一般情况下
you're gonna have
to spend 90 to a hundred days
你要花90到100天的时间
working with that animal every day.
每天跟野马一起训练
And there aren't very many people
that have that kind of time to commit to it.
没多少人能奉献那么多时间
Adopting mustangs is a big responsibility.
领养北美野马是巨大责任
If we took
the appropriate management level
要是我们用“适管水平”计算
that's defined now-- 25-28,000--
现在的数字是两万五千到两万八千
and we aggressively use
the contraceptive tools that are available,
加上主动使用避孕工具
we could reduce the growth rate
of that base population
我们就能减少基数的增长率
to the point that that surplus
that we need to take off of the landscape
直到我们把需要从土地带走的 过多野马的数量
would meet the adoption demand,
and that would be totally sustainable.
减少到与收养需求一致 那么就能持续发展了
So there is a solution.
所以是有解决方法的
[Goicoechea] We want to coexist.
我们想并存
We strongly believe
in the multiple-use concept.
我们坚信多用途的概念
Recreation, wildlife,
wild horses, livestock.
休闲 野生生物 野马 家畜
Everybody gets to share in these lands,
but it is share in these lands.
全都可以享用这些土地
但是要分配得好
I think we should look at how many horses
we need to have there
我们应该看看我们需要有多少匹马
to have viable wild horse herds.
才能养活野马群
[chattering]
[Garrott] There will be groups
on both sides
正反两边都有团体
that will never be happy
with anything in the middle.
对折衷方法感到不满
If there's no compromise and we throw up
our hands and stop managing,
如果不肯妥协
我们就会感到绝望 不再管理
then that's the worst-case scenario
那是最恶劣的情况
for horses, for wildlife, public lands
and everybody that cares about them.
对马儿 野生生物 公共用地
和有心人 都不是好事情
(第150天 8月28日
美国国家冰川公园南边)
We're almost to Glacier National Park.
我们快到美国国家冰川公园了
And park regulations, we can only take
eight horses through.
根据公园条例 我们只能带八匹马进去
And so we're gonna have to leave
five of 'em behind in East Glacier
所以我们得把其中五匹马 留在东冰川公园
and pick 'em up
on our way-- on our way home.
回程的时候才把它们接走
So for a lot of these horses,
it's their last day.
所以对当中多匹野马来说 今天是最后一天了
Are you ready to be done?
准备好完成旅程了吗?
Your duties as protector of the herd
are over.
你保护马群的职责快要结束了
Oh, yeah. That feels good.
好啊 感觉真好
Yeah. Shake your tongue.
对 抖动一下舌头吧
You get used to this way of life,
but it's a hard way of life.
你虽然会习惯 但这种生活很艰苦
You know? I don't care what Masters says.
This isn't easy.
我不在乎马斯特斯怎么说 但这并不容易
[chuckles] People like to think
大家以为
we're going for a walk in the park
on these horses.
我们只是骑着马,在公园散散步 那可是苦差啊
-It's work.
-It's been fun.
虽然很好玩
But, you know,
I'm over living in the woods.
可是我不想再住在森林里了
Thamer, are you feeling all right?
萨莫 你还好吗?
Anybody that says like,
Oh, I wanna be a cowboy
任何人说:“噢 我想当牛仔
and live out in the woods my whole life--x9d
毕生都想住在森林里…”
Except Ben Masters.
I think he could happily do it.
除了班马斯特斯吧 我想他乐意过这种生活
[Masters] We're four days from being done,
but we're a long ways from the border.
旅程还有四天就完结了 但我们离边境还很远
We have got some brutal days
through Glacier National Park.
我们在美国国家冰川公园 度过几天严苛的日子
[Glover] We can smell the finish line.
终点就在不远处
It'll take a couple of weeks or months,
几个星期或几个月后
and then we'll wish
we were right back out here...
我们会巴不得自己回到这里来
when we realize how dull and boring
normal life is compared to this.
因为我们发现 相比之下 正常生活苦闷不堪
[camera shutter clicks]
[groans]
[exhales, chuckles]
That's pretty cool.
那真酷
There's two big bulls right here.
这里有两头大公牛
Just behind camp.
就在营地后面
[groaning]
-[Glover] I'm glad we came through here.
-[Masters] Yeah.
我很高兴我们经过这里 而不是叫人讨厌的高速公路
-[Glover] And not on a stinkin' highway.
-This beats a road any day.
这里任何时候都比马路强
[Masters] That is a view.
这风景真美
Man, that's got to be Canada.
那定是加拿大了
It's only ten miles, straight line.
直线而行 才16公里而已
Canada!
加拿大
-That's the drainage we're going up.
-[Masters] Yeah, that's the Belly River.
-那时我们要去的排水道吧 -对 那是贝利河
Yee-hoo!
[Glover] Wow! We can finally see it!
哇 我们终于能看到了
-[Masters] The other guys up yet?
-[man] Jonny is. That's it.
(第158日 9月5日 加拿大边境以南16公里) -其他人起来了吗?-只有乔尼起来了
[sighs] That's all right.
没关系
No hurry on the last morning.
最后一天的早上不用赶
We all know it's the last morning
我们都知道这是最后一个早上,
and, you know,looking forward to being done.
很期待旅程结束
But, at least for me,
但是 至少对我来说
it didn't really feel
like I thought it would.
感觉旅程不像会完结
You know?
你知道吗?
I don't think it in any way
compares to the feeling we all had
我觉得跟我们离开边境出发时的感觉
when we were leaving the border.
无可比拟
I'm not getting to the end, I guess,
我想旅程要结束了
with as strong a sense of accomplishment
as I was expecting.
但我的成就感没有预期中强烈
Looking back on the trip so far,
回看这趟旅程 我大概会说
I'd probably say things
that stick in my mind the most are those times
我印象最深的是
where it was extremely difficult
and I was by myself.
情况特别严峻和独处的时刻
We're there, man.
我们到了 兄弟
No, no, we're not there yet.
不 我们还没到 还有16公里
-We still have ten miles.
-We're there.
我们到了 我们有壮马,还有16公里的路 轻而易举
We got sound horses and ten miles.
Ten easy miles.
If something goes bad now,
it'll be a freak event.
如果出事的话 一定是怪异的事件
-Gosh, I should not say stuff--
-I don't like this talk.
-我不该说这种话… -我不喜欢这个话题
-[Thamer] Let's blow this taco stand.
-Come on, gray horse. You're almost there.
-我们长驱直入 完成旅程吧
-灰马 快到了
电影精选列表