维奥列受伤的时候 我把它交给瓦尔 送到科迪市
because we were gonna be crossing
through the same country
因为我们会经过同一个地方
and thinking, you know, he's gonna have
a three-month break,
而它要休息三个月
and let's see how his leg heals
and make an assessment after three months.
看看它腿痊愈的情况 休息三个月后做评估
And hopefully, if he's doing well,
如果情况良好
bring him on board
through the state of Montana.
我希望能带它上路 穿过蒙大拿州
And I felt
that he possibly could bring him back,
我觉得它应该可以回来
but he'd definitely need reconditioning
and stuff before they did that.
不过在送它回来之前 它需要重新训练
The difference between a healthy horse
going in to what we're doing
健康的马儿加入我们的旅程
and a horse that's coming off an injury
is very, very different.
情况跟受伤初愈的马儿差天共地
Very different.
截然不同
It all started when we poured Jim Beam
into plastic bottles.
一切由我们把占边威士忌
倒进塑料杯子里开始
All I'm trying to tell you
我想告诉你的是
is bringing a horse off an injury
你要带上受伤初愈的马儿
that was the result
of your own negligent action...
它受伤是你的过失
back on the trail
把它带上路
after not conditioning him,
not having seen him--
但你没有在训练它 没有看见它…
[Masters] According to Val who knows--
根据了解情况的瓦尔所说…
Those two are like oil and water
at this point, seems like.
他们二人在这一刻看来水火不容
[Fitzsimons] So we're talking about money.
那我们谈的是钱
You're gonna risk a horse's health
你拿一匹马的健康来冒险
because you're worried
about how much he's gonna bring you.
因为你担心它赚不了多少钱
-No, no, no.
-No, no! No! Shut the fuck up!
-不是的 -不 你给我他妈的闭嘴
And I'm gonna throw
the gauntlet down right now.
我现在就要挑战你
I don't know why you're attacking me
about bringing him out.
你干嘛攻击我带它上路?
-I'm not planning on bringing him out!
-It's a fucking retarded decision.
-我根本不打算带它上路
-这是弱智的决定
-I'm not planning on bringing him out.
-Get out my face.
-我不会带它上路 -你给我滚开
You're yelling at me
for something I'm not even about to do.
你为了根本没发生的事情
对我大吼大叫
I asked if you're planning
on getting him out here. You said yes.
我问你有没有打算带它过来…
It's so hard to convince Ben
something's a bad idea...
要说服班放弃他的坏主意非常困难
unless you just really get after him.
除非你狠狠训斥他
That's how you communicate with Masters
if you want anything to sink in.
你要马斯特斯明白一件事情
就得用这种沟通方法
We've done this entire thing as a team.
我们作为一支队伍进行这趟旅程
If you guys truly believe
如果你们真的认为它会变成负累
that he's gonna be a hindrance
on us getting through Montana,
妨碍我们穿过蒙大拿州
let's not take him.
那就别带它上路
-I don't think Tamale should come back.
-[Fitzsimons] And if Tamale goes lame,
塔瑪勒不该回来
I'll be the first one to admit
it was a bad decision.
如果塔瑪勒变成瘸子,我第一个承认那是错误的决定
If it isn't one thing,
it's another out here.
一波未平 一波又起
Rain. Hail. Heat.
下雨 下冰雹 高温天气
-Shit.
-[thunder rumbles]
该死
I can't feel my hands.
我双手冻僵了
" The highway lines, they come and go
with every mile and stretch of road "
(怀俄明州 蒙大拿州)
" The lights are out, but it's all right
We're gonna make it home tonight "
(烟根山脉)
" Another chance to sing a song
in hopes to keep your worries gone "
" So pour you one and drink it down
We'll sing until the early morn "
One, two, three, four!
" Gather round and stomp the floor
and shout hey, hey, hey "
" We're never gonna die
A toast, hey, hey, hey "
" For love we stand and death we fight "
(小马酒吧)
" Hold them high, boys
We're gonna raise some hell tonight "
No one's gonna top this in our posterity,
I don't think.
我不认为我们的后代能超越这次旅程
Maybe, but I doubt it.
也许可以 但我很怀疑
You can run a marathon, hike
across the Great Wall, do a lot of things,
你可以跑马拉松 登上长城 诸如此类
but you can't do this.
但骑马旅行却做不来
I mean, this is... for crazy people.
Really, but--
这是…为疯人而设的 真的 但是…
[helicopter whirring]
(基准营地的起点)
(永罚山火)
(红叶岩山火)
[Masters] Well, as long as our wind
doesn't pick up too bad,
只要不刮风(第143天 8月21日鲍勃马歇尔荒野复合地带)
we should be okay
going through these fires.
我们要走过山火应该没问题
But we're cutting it close.
但我们离山火很近
[Fitzsimons] My dad just rolled up
with Tamale.
我爸爸刚刚跟塔瑪勒一起到达
Good to have him back on the trail
after three months of having him gone.
三个月不见 看见它重返旅程♥真♥好
[Joseph] Just keep poultices on him.
只要替它塗泥敷剂就行了
Poultice him once a day.
每天塗一次泥敷剂
-[Fitzsimons] He looks good.
-A little back fat.
-它看来不错 -背上有一点脂肪
Tamale!
塔瑪勒
[Joseph] What, are you testing
that poultice, Jon?
怎么 乔尼你在测试泥敷剂吗?
-Huh?
-You testing the poultice?
你在测试泥敷剂吗?
-[Masters] How's Tamale doing?
-He's traveling a little bit better.
塔瑪勒怎么样? 它前进的情况好了一点
See how much heat he has in it.
看看它体内有多热
Earlier, it was pretty hot.
早些时候 天气可热了
I could actually feel heat
through that bandage.
实际上我隔着绷带也能感受到热度
I'll soak him in the creek
for an hour or two
我会把它泡在小溪里一两个小时
and then put him in a poultice.
然后给它上泥敷剂
[Masters] Jonny decided to bring his horse
乔尼决定骑着马
into the largest wilderness complex
in the Lower 48 with no exit plan
走进48个州中最大的荒野复合平原 但没有预备替代路线
while there's
a bunch of raging fires going on.
同时附近有几处山火烧得正旺
I talked to some packers and found out
我跟几个路人谈了一下
that the pass that we wanted to take
is engulfed in flames.
发现我们想走的山隘被大火吞没
Yeah, that right there is the pass.
对 那里就是山隘
Damn. That is new.
该死 那是新的啊
Crap.
可恶
My route was to go
right along through here
我的路线本来是沿着这里穿过去
because you got the entire Chinese Wall
blocking it off.
因为整面中国墙能挡住山火
But now this is burning.
但现在这里有山火
And I don't have a rock face
for this six miles.
这10公里路没有岩面
So theoretically it could jump.
所以理论上可能会断裂
I don't think it would, but it could.
我想不会 但有这个可能
[Joseph] If it does,
you don't have an escape.
如果是真的话 你们无处可逃
The wall on one side
and fire on the other.
墙在一边 山火在另一边
So we can go up the south fork to the sun.
那么我们向着太阳 走上南岔路
Take that trail onto the rez.
走这条路到印第安人的保护区
I feel more comfortable doing that.
这样我觉得比较安心
Not much room for error.
And I just hope the wind doesn't pick up.
没什么出错的余地
我只是希望不会刮风
I mean, I don't mind dropping out.
我不介意退出
Doing what needs to be done.
完成你们需要做的事吧
At each exit we'll evaluate him,
我们在每个出口评估它的情况
and we'll err on the side
of sending him out.
有问题就宁可把它送走
There is nothing that I could have said
that would have made him feel any worse
无论我说什么 都不可能令他更难过
than him listening to his own lecture
that he gave me.
因为他回想起他对我的说教
What good would it have done
电影精选列表