好的 请问
Yes, go ahead.
呃...教授 既然今天是情人节
Uh... Professor, since it's Valentine's Day,
您能告诉我们作为一个科学家
could you tell us as a scientist
您对浪漫爱情的看法是什么
what your perspective on romantic love is?
我相信大多数事物可以用
My belief that most things can be described
数学方程式来描述不影响我相信
by a mathematical equation does not affect my belief
爱情的力量 这是一种让我感到敬畏的力量
in the power of love, which keeps me in a state of awe.
你不赞同
And you disagree.
英伦才子型作家,生于1969年,毕业于剑桥大学,现住伦敦
他通晓英、法、德、西班牙数种语言,深得欧洲人文传统之精髓
著作有小说《爱情笔记》散文《拥抱逝水年华》
我喜欢哲学家阿兰·德波顿的看法
I like the approach of the philosopher Alain de Botton.
他的哲学观点是什么
And what's his philosophy?
浪漫爱情是现代文明的产物
That romantic love is a modern-day invention.
大多数人如果没有听说过爱情就不会陷入爱河
And that most people wouldn't fall in love if they'd never heard of it.
这么说 你从来没有恋爱过吗
I take it, then, you've never been in love?
我小学的时候心动过一两次 但关于爱情 我...
I had a crush or two in grade school, but I mean love, I...
只不过是大公♥司♥的踏板
it's just what big corporations pedal.
想想那些鲜花和巧克力
When you think about all the flowers and the chocolates,
爱情电影 爱情歌♥曲 拜托
the movies, the love songs, I mean, come on.
浪漫爱情只不过是资本主义的产物
Romantic love is a product of capitalism.
好吧 以此为结尾 祝你情人节快乐
Well, on that note, happy Valentine's Day,
谢谢你们的到来
and thank you for coming.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
我非常喜欢你的问题
Hey, I really liked your question.
出自电影《诺丁山》(Notting Hill)
由罗杰·米歇尔执导,朱莉娅·罗伯茨、休·格兰特
瑞斯·伊凡斯、迪兰·莫兰、约翰·斯拉普内尔等联袂主演的爱情电影
影片于1999年5月21日在英国上映
讲述一位到英国拍片的好莱坞大明星安娜偶然跑到诺丁山的小书店买♥♥书
竟然跟个性腼腆的老板威廉擦出爱情火花
别忘了...
And don't forget...
我也是一个女孩...
I'm also just a girl...
站在一个男孩面前...
Standing in front of a boy...
请求他爱她
Asking him to love her.
一滴眼泪都没有
Not even a tear?
我不敢相信你要我看这个
I... I can't believe you're making me watch this.
你怎么会不喜欢这个
How do you not love this?
在现场的每个人都哭了 即使是男人
Everyone cries at the scene, even guys.
这就是你全天候编程的后果吗
Is this what happens when you code 24/7?
你变成了一个铁皮人
You become the Tin Man?
台词是很经典 但休·格兰特一言不发
The line's a classic, but Hugh Grant says nothing
看着她好像他刚放了个屁
and then he looks at her like he just farted.
你真扫兴 -对不起
You are such a buzzkill. - I'm sorry!
只不过这些电影 它们...它们太公式化了
It's just these movies, they're... they're so formulaic.
一个人心碎了
One person gets their heart broken,
另一个人就说 "等会 让我来修好她"
and then the other person goes, "Wait, let me fix it
"通过大张旗鼓地在公共场合发表演讲"
by making a grand gesture with a big speech in public."
这有什么问题
What is wrong with that?
嘿 妈 -嘿 亲爱的
Hey, Mom. - Hey, sweetie.
嘿 保拉
Hey, Paula.
艾丽 我最喜欢的诗人
HElle, my favorite poet.
一个小问题 为什么你的女儿这么讨厌浪漫喜剧
HQuick question. Why does your daughter hate rom-coms?
这可难倒我了 我们说话这会
HIt beats me. I'm watching "Harry Met Sally"
一部美国爱情喜剧片,由罗伯·莱纳执导
比利·克里斯托、梅格·瑞恩主演
于1989年7月12日在美国上映
影片讲述了哈利和莎莉从最初不欢而散
到后来成为朋友最终认识到彼此感情的故事
我就在看《当哈莉遇到莎莉》
Hright now as we speak.
因为他们延续了不切实际的浪漫范例
Because they perpetuate unrealistic romantic paradigms.
我发誓如果她出生的时候我不在场
I swear if I wasn't there when she was born,
我会做基因测试
I would do a DNA test.
美国周一是法定假期,加上周六周日就是三天,称为长周末
这个长周末你打算干什么 艾丽
What are you doing over the long weekend, Elle?
你想和我们一起出去玩吗
Do you wanna come hang out with us?
我在给我的英语教授做保姆
I'm babysitting for my English professor.
人们放心把孩子交给我
People trust me with their kids.
太疯狂了 不是吗
That's crazy, right?
我还是不敢相信有人信任我
I still can't believe people trusted me with mine.
嘿 佐伊 你订好航♥班♥了吗
Hey, Zoey, did you get the flight info?
我等不及见到你了 -订好了
I'm so excited to see you. - Uh, yeah.
我要继续看我的不切实际的浪漫范例了
I'm gonna go back to watching my unrealistic romantic paradigms.
我爱你们两个 -爱你
I love you both. - Love you.
我担心她
I'm worried about her.
我只是...我希望她找到...
I just... I want her to find...
爱情吗 -兼容性 你知道吗
Love? - Compatibility, you know?
他们的离婚太混乱了
Their divorce was so messy.
爱情就是混乱的
Love is messy.
你只是不想弄脏自己
You just don't wanna get dirty.
其实我遇见了某人 就在...
I actually met someone at the...
你知道 讲座上有个男生
you know, there was this guy at the lecture,
他很有趣
and he was interesting.
引子已经埋下 快引爆
Bury the lede. Spill it.
他引用了阿兰·德波顿
He quoted Alain de Botton.
棒 我应该知道他是谁吗
Great. Am I supposed to know who that is?
是的
Yes.
"如果没有人听过爱的概念..."
"If nobody had ever heard of the concept of love..."
他们就不会相爱
They wouldn't fall in it.
天哪 他引用了你的偶像吗
Oh, my God, he quoted your guy?
提醒那些技术宅:佐伊匹配成功
Alert the tech nerds: a match for Zoey.
他性感吗 -他就是...有趣
Was he hot? - He was just... interesting.
所以是一个性感的书呆子
So a hot nerd.
他就是有趣而已
He was just interesting.
你再说一遍有趣 -有趣 闭嘴吧
Say interesting one more time. - Interesting. Shut up.
听着 我们可能再也不会见到面了
Look, I'm probably never even gonna see him again.
嗯 有趣
Mm. Interesting.
让我们一起私奔吧
♪ Let's run away together
嘿
Hey.
今天砸到谁的头了吗
Hit anyone in the head today?
嘿 是你啊
Hey, it's you.
你怎么样
How you doing?
很好 -很好
Fine. - Good.
你在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
这是间书店 所以我是来买♥♥书的
It's a bookstore, so I came to get a book.
你又在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
我在这工作
I work here.
这是我勤工俭学的一部分
It's part of my work-study program.
酷
Cool.
电子书在前面
Textbooks are in the front.
小说在右边 非小说在那边
Fictions on the right, and non-fiction's over there.
谢谢
Thank you.
Rare出品的一款动作类游戏
你们有没有关于"忍♥者蛙"的书
Do you have any books on "Battletoads"?
那是中世纪历史还是金属乐队
Is that medieval history or a metal band?
是一款电子游戏
It's a video game.
没有 我们不卖♥♥那样的书
No, we don't carry books like that.
我可以帮你订
I could order it for you.
那...太酷了 太好了
Yeah, that... that'd be cool. Great.
两个选择 "忍♥者蛙白♥痴♥指南"
Okay, so two choices, "The Idiot's Guide to Battletoads"
还是"笨蛋忍♥者蛙"
or "Battletoads for Dummies."
天啊 两个听起来都很糟糕 不是吗
Jesus, they both sound bad, don't they?
傻瓜是指智力低下的人
Well, a dummy is someone of low intelligence,
但也可能是指碰撞测试假人
but it can also mean, like, a crash test dummy.
但白♥痴♥就是白♥痴♥
But an idiot's just an idiot.
我要那本笨蛋
Let's go with dummy.
明智的选择
Good choice.
谢谢
Thank you.
呃 周三应该能到
Uh, it should be here by Wednesday.
好的
Okay.
哦 信♥用♥卡♥
Oh, credit card.
给你
Mm. Here you go.
你知道现在电子游戏是导致离婚的主要原因吗
You know video games are now the leading cause of divorce?
谁说的
Who says that?
精算师图表列出了离婚的原因
An actuary chart listing the causes of divorce.
精什么 -精算师
An actual what? - An actuary.
编制统计数据以评估风险和不确定性的人
Someone who compiles statistics to assess risk and uncertainty.
电影精选列表