I've seen pieces he's worked on
简直能以假乱真
that I could've sworn were completely genuine.
这是货真价实的康涅狄格安妮女王式家具
This is genuine Connecticut Queen Anne.
但三角饰与柜腿损坏了
But the pediment and the legs were damaged,
所以尖顶饰与柜腿
so the finials and the legs
是从别的家具上移植来的
were salvaged from a different piece.
什么 这些吗
What? These?
感觉到了吗
You feel that?
是的
Yeah.
还有
And...
这里
here.
感觉到了吗
You feel that?
感觉到了
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
在看什么呢
What are we looking at?
来看看老霍的作品 埃弗雷特
Come and see what Hobie made, Everett.
不是我做的
I didn't make it.
我只是把坏了的东西修好了
I just patched the poor thing up.
当然 现在不怎么值钱了
Not worth much now, of course,
但或许我们可以帮它找到一个新家
but maybe we can find a home for it.
你觉得如何 皮帕 要买♥♥下来吗
What do you think, Pip? Shall we take it?
它比我们的卧室都大
It's bigger than our bedroom.
我要带着他们俩去吃午餐
I'm gonna take these two to lunch
然后送他们去机场
and then on to the airport.
什么 你不一起来吗
What? Can't you come with us?
不了 我去不了 我还有客户要见
No, no, I can't. I have a client meeting, so...
你现在成商务人士了
You're such a businessman these days.
我们俩总得有一个负责生意
Well, one of us has to be.
好了 走吧
All right, let's go.
好的 再次见到你真高兴
Yes. Well, it was so lovely to see you again.
很高兴终于见到你了 西奥
It was great to finally meet you, Theo.
你要是来伦敦的话 来找我们玩
If you're ever in London, come and stay with us.
她刚才说我们的公♥寓♥小是夸张了 算是吧
She was exaggerating about the size of the flat, sort of.
我推荐肥育母鸡
I can recommend the poularde.
就要它吧 谢谢
That's fine. Thank you.
-谢谢 -不客气 先生
- Thank you. - Very good, sir.
见到你真是个惊喜 里夫先生
This is a pleasant surprise, Mr. Reeve.
叫我卢修斯就好
Lucius, please.
你还要再买♥♥一件吗
Are you looking for another piece to buy?
我想谈谈你已经卖♥♥给我的那件
I want to talk about the piece you've already sold me.
阿弗莱克式吗
The Affleck?
-很精美 是吧 -是的
- It is beautiful, isn't it? - Yes.
但它是赝品 对吧
Except that it isn't, is it?
托马斯·阿弗莱克式
Thomas Affleck, I mean.
凤♥凰♥装饰是真的 我很确定
The phoenix ornament is. I'm fairly certain about that.
但柜子的其余部分并不是
But the rest of the chest is not.
是古董 但平平无奇
Antique but unremarkable.
里夫先生 我可以向你保证
Mr. Reeve, I can assure you
如果有什么问题
that if there's been a mistake...
但确实有问题 德克尔先生
But there has been, Mr. Decker.
你把赝品卖♥♥给了一位行家
You sold a fake to someone who can tell the difference.
说实话
To be honest,
我在这一行还是新手
I am still quite new at all this
我肯定不是
and I am certainly not an expert
费城切宾代尔式家具的行家
at Philadelphia Chippendale.
问题是这样的
Here's the problem.
我知道是谁
I know exactly who put
把你卖♥♥给我这个赝品
the little Frankenstein's monster together
拼凑起来的 你的合伙人
that you sold me. Your partner.
我的合伙人和这事无关
My partner had nothing to do with this.
我觉得有关
Oh, I think he did.
我之前见识过他的手艺
I've seen his handiwork before.
"调换儿"
"Changelings."
被仙女偷换后留下的丑孩子
他这么称呼这些东西 对吧
That's what he calls 'em, isn't it?
这边找对尖顶饰 那边找套柜腿
A pair of finials from here, a set of legs from there.
就足以凑成一件值得收藏"真品"
Just enough of a genuinely collectable piece
来糊弄买♥♥家 大功告成
to fool the buyer, and voila.
我很乐意重新买♥♥回来 里夫先生
I'm happy to buy the piece back from you, Mr. Reeve.
出高价
At a premium.
我不知道我还能...
I don't see what else I...
-我了解你 -什么
- I know you. - What?
我做这行很久了
I've been in this business for a long time.
我们都知道可怜的老霍要破产了
We all know poor Hobie was going under,
债务缠身
swimming in debt.
然后你这个神童来了
Then along you come, the wunderkind.
知识渊博而魅力十足的年轻销♥售♥员
The knowledgeable, charming young salesman.
生意突然就开始蒸蒸日上
Suddenly the business is thriving.
但我了解你 德克尔先生
But I know you, Mr. Decker.
我对你了如指掌
I know all about you.
西奥
Theo?
我是普拉特
It's Platt.
普拉特·巴伯
Platt Barbour.
普拉特 我的天
Platt. Good Lord.
好久不见 你好吗
Long time. How are you?
安迪还好吗
How's Andy?
你知道爸爸原来有
You know how Daddy had...
大家过去说他"精神有毛病"
They used to call it "Problems with his nerves."
躁郁症
Bipolar.
我不知道
I didn't know.
他总是对我很和善
He was always very kind with me.
是
Yeah.
几年前 他停药了
A few years back, he came off his medication.
你知道他特别喜欢划帆船
You know how he loved sailing.
他当时打算从东北港出海
He decided to go out off the Northeast Harbor.
我和他一起去的
I went with him.
安迪也去了
Andy came too,
以防爸爸晕船
just in case Daddy got storm giddy, you know?
当然 安迪不想去
Of course, Andy didn't wanna go.
他一向讨厌水
He always hated the water.
总之 当时起了风
Anyway, the wind blew up
我们试着收起主帆
and we were trying to reef the mainsail
然后爸爸开始
and Daddy started just...
大声读诗什么的
shouting all this poetic bullshit.
然后他就掉进海里了
Next thing, he's overboard
我们想把他救上来
and we're trying to haul him back in.
然后船被撞了
And we get broadsided.
来了一波大浪
This big wave just...
他们都被卷走了
And they both went.
安迪没有系好他的救生衣
Andy hadn't tied his jacket on properly.
他总是笨手笨脚的
He's always such a fucking klutz.
天呐 普拉特
God, Platt.
帮我个忙好吗
Do something for me?
她在这里
She's back here.
我们现在不讲究那么多了
We're very informal now.
妈妈 我给你带来了一位客人
Mom? I've got a guest for you.
巴伯夫人
Mrs. Barbour?
西奥
Theo.
难以置信
I can't believe it.
真英俊
So handsome.
是不是 普拉特
Isn't he, Platt?
是
Yeah.
快告诉我
Now, you must tell me,
你现在是做什么的
what have you been doing with your life?
做古董交易
Dealing antiques.
古董 真好 西奥
Antiques. How marvelous, Theo.
主要是美国家具
American furniture mostly.
你应该来看看的
You should come by.
你知道我特别喜欢旧东西
You know how I love old things.
你小时候 我经常看到
When you were a child, I used to catch you
你在研究我的画
studying my paintings.
你总是直接选中最好的画
You'd always go straight to the very best ones.
电影精选列表