在阿姆斯特丹 我梦到再一次看到了母亲
In Amsterdam, I dreamt I saw my mother again.
我们都很高兴能见到彼此
She was just as glad to see me as I was to see her.
那双淡蓝色的眼睛依旧美丽
Same beautiful pale blue eyes.
如果她还在世 一切都会比现在更好
Everything would've turned out better if she had lived.
日报
事实上 我小时候她就去世了
As it was, she died when I was a kid.
我失去她的时候
And when I lost her...
斯洛特瓦特致命毒品交易
我再也看不到
I lost sight of any landmark
能让我幸福起来的前进方向了
that might've led me some place happier.
她的死是我的错
You see, her death was my fault.
大家都说不是我的错
Everybody used to tell me that it wasn't.
说那是一场可怕的意外
That it was a terrible accident.
他们说得完全没错
Which is all perfectly true.
而我一个字都不相信
And I don't believe a word of it.
是我的错
It was my fault.
和之后发生的每一件事一样
Just like everything that's happened since.
那幅画
The painting.
那幅画
The painting.
老霍
都是我的错
All my fault.
亲爱的皮帕
我失去了本该永恒的东西
I lost something that should have been immortal.
我并非有意为之
I didn't mean to do it.
因为我做的事无法挽回
Because what I've done cannot be undone.
我要死了也无所谓了
It doesn't matter that I'm going to die.
但是一直以来
But for all time,
自历史被书写的那一刻起
for as long as history is written,
这幅画都将被人铭记和悼念
that painting will be remembered and mourned.
金翅雀
我们知道的情况是
As best we can tell,
他自己从博物馆回到了他妈妈的公♥寓♥
he made his own way back to his mother's apartment from the museum.
他一整晚都在等她回来
He waited there for her all night to come back
但是她没回去
and when she didn't,
他打了电视上播放的紧急电♥话♥
he rang the emergency number they were showing on TV.
他们发现他还是小孩后 通知了我们
When they realized his age, they alerted us.
不知道你有没有注意到
I don't know if you're aware
但西奥的父亲六个月前离开了家
but Theo's father left the family about six months ago.
我不知道
I wasn't aware.
我儿子和西奥是小学同学
My son and Theo were friends in elementary school.
据我所知 他们有一段时间没怎么见面了
To my knowledge, they haven't seen much of each other for a while.
恐怕我不是很明白
I'm afraid I don't quite understand.
现在
Right now,
他是个需要临时紧急照顾的未成年儿童
he is a minor child in need of temporary emergency care.
我们问西奥能不能想出
When we asked Theo if he could think of anyone
有谁能暂时帮帮忙的
that might be able to help for a while,
他推荐了你
he suggested you.
请进 快请进
Come in, come in.
安迪怕是还没起床
I'm afraid Andy isn't up yet.
你愿意的话 可以在这休息
You can rest here if you like.
给你收拾一下吧
Let's get you squared away.
给你
Oh, here we are.
你会
You'll be...
你心里会非常难过
You'll be feeling awfully rough.
发生了这么可怕的事情
Hell of a thing to happen.
上帝啊
Good Lord.
在这种情况下
In the circumstances,
现在给你倒点 我父亲所谓的一小口
I wouldn't see the harm in pouring you
也没什么不好的
what my father used to call a minor nip,
-如果你想来一点的话 -钱斯
- if you should want some. - Chance.
你当然不需要了
Which of course you don't.
非常不合适
Quite unsuitable.
我们非常欢迎你来 西奥
We're perfectly happy to have you, Theo.
希望你能把这里当作自己的家
I hope you'll make yourself as comfortable as you can.
出了什么事
What's happening?
是西奥 他妈妈去世了
That's Theo. His mom passed away.
有人来看你了 西奥
Someone to see you, Theo.
真烦人
Disturbing.
对
Yeah.
不 很显然大家都不知道他在哪
No, apparently no one has any idea where he is.
他没支付抚养费
He wasn't paying child support.
还欠了债
He left debts.
他时不时不说一下就飞回来
He more or less flew town without a word.
我觉得我们别无选择
I don't think we had a choice.
我们不好拒绝这个孩子
We couldn't very well turn the boy away.
不 他就待几周而已
No. Just for a few weeks.
你会划帆船吗 西奥
Do you sail, Theo?
不会 先生
No, sir.
真可惜
That's a pity.
安迪去年在缅因州的帆船夏令营
Andy had the most outstanding time
度过了最精彩的一段时光
at his sailing camp up in Maine last year.
那是我人生中最难熬的两周
They were the worst two weeks of my life.
胡说
Nonsense.
你缺乏自信 仅此而已
You lack confidence. That's all.
需要我让埃塔
Would you like me to ask Etta
给你做点别的吃吗 西奥
to make you something else to eat, Theo?
我不饿
I'm not hungry.
谢谢
Thank you.
他爸爸去哪了
Where's his dad?
问得好
Good question.
天啊
Oh, my God!
试试这件 西奥 是普拉特的旧衣服
Try this on, Theo. It's an old one of Platt's.
外面太冷了
It's so cold outside.
外面
Outside?
我觉得你下周应该回去上课了
I think you should go back to school next week.
越快回归到正常的生活越好
The sooner we get back to a normal routine the better.
让自己忙碌起来是唯一的办法
Keeping busy is the only thing for it.
或许你今天下去就可以去
Perhaps you could go this afternoon?
去你的公♥寓♥
To your apartment.
我可以跟你一起去
I could come with you.
我等她的时候打算收拾干净的
I meant to clean up while I was waiting for her.
你去拿你要用的东西 我来收拾
You get what you need. I'll tidy this up.
只拿上学用的 其它的不急
Just your school things. The rest can wait.
此外 篮球训练改到周四四点
Also, basketball practice has been moved to 4:00 on Thursday.
下周曲棍球决赛的门票
Tickets for next week's lacrosse final
可到招生办领♥取♥
are available in the admissions office.
维京队加油
Go Vikings!
-你好 汤姆 -你好
- Hey, Tom. - Hey.
我都听说了
I heard and all.
嗯
Yeah.
真不走运
Yeah, tough luck.
太糟糕了
That really bites.
我们之所以去博物馆
The only reason we were at the museum
是因为我妈妈要带我去见校长
was because my mom was bringing me in to see the principal.
烟那件事
About the cigarettes.
是啊 这件事把我妈妈也气坏了
Yeah. My mom blew up over that shit, too.
那 我要走了
So, uh, I gotta go.
回见
Later.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
-怪胎 -窝囊废
- Creep-io! - Loser!
我每天都要去游泳
I'm going to go swimming every day.
你不能自己去游泳 这是不允许的
You can't swim by yourself. You're not allowed.
大家都要去游泳
Everyone's going to swim.
治愈一切的解药就是海水
The cure for anything is salt water.
我父亲给我的最大的礼物就是海洋
Greatest gift my father ever gave me was the sea.
对海洋的热爱
The love for it.
这种感觉
The feel.
我们离开之后他去干什么
What's he going to do while we're away?
我喜欢的画家叫什么来着 萨曼莎
Who's the artist I like, Samantha?
画了壮丽的天空那位
With the grand skies?
马克斯菲尔德·帕里什
Maxfield Parrish.
马克斯菲尔德·帕里什 就是他
Maxfield Parrish, that's the one.
高耸的云团