Is she here?
皮帕
Pippa?
这是西奥
This is Theo.
他想来打个招呼
He wants to say hello.
别聊太久 小鸽子
Not too long, pigeon.
你得好好休息
You need to rest.
我认得你
I know you.
我们是朋友吗
Are we friends?
抱歉 我忘了很多事
Sorry. I've forgotten things.
我刚回家的时候连自己的房♥间都不认得
I didn't remember my room when I came home.
你最喜欢的乐曲是什么
What's your favorite piece of music?
贝多芬的
Beethoven.
你看着就像爱听贝多芬的人
You look like somebody who listens to Beethoven.
那是你的梦想吗
Is that what you wanna do?
成为一个音乐家
Be a musician?
室内乐
我不能听音乐
I'm not supposed to listen to music,
因为我的头
'cause of my head.
太讨厌了
It's horrible.
你喜欢贝多芬的哪首曲子
What Beethoven do you like?
我有几首格伦·古尔德的
I've got some Glenn Gould.
是我的最爱
It's my favorite.
这是药
It's medicine.
我觉得是吗♥啡♥
I think it's morphine.
-你白天会觉得累吗 -会
- You get tired during the day? - Yeah.
我以前不会
I didn't use to.
我也是
Me neither.
现在我没法一直保持清醒
Now, I can't stay awake.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我知道这样不礼貌
I know it's rude,
但你介意我稍微闭一会眼睛吗
but would you mind if I just close my eyes for a bit?
你愿意的话可以听音乐
You can listen to some music, if you like.
你喜欢吗
You like it?
约翰·辛格顿·科普利
John Singleton Copley.
一位伟大的殖民时期的肖像画家
A great Colonial portrait painter.
这是我祖母的
It was my grandmother's.
她生前也很喜欢
She loved it, too.
是二还是三
Is this option two or three?
-三 -好的
- Three. - Okay.
现在呢 是五
And now, how about if this is choice five?
还是六
Or choice six?
六
Six.
她为什么不能听音乐
Why can't she listen to music?
有时候可以的
She can, sometimes.
只是听音乐容易让她难过
It just tends to upset her.
她觉得她得练习
She thinks she has to practice,
为学校的演出做准备
prepare a piece for school.
他们说她早晚能达到
They say that she could play on some
业余水平
amateur level one day,
但变数太多了
but so many changes.
她姑妈要带她去德克萨斯
Her aunt is taking her to Texas.
我以为她住在这里
I thought she lived here.
以前确实是
Well, she did.
维特是她舅舅
Welty was her uncle
她母亲去世后 他就是她的法定监护人
and her legal guardian, after her mother died.
但现在 玛格丽特是皮帕最亲的亲人了
But now, Margaret is Pippa's nearest relative.
论血缘关系的话
Blood, anyway.
她觉得她最好跟她一起生活
And she thinks she'd be better off with her.
她是个什么样的人
What's she like?
她看起来还不错吧
She seemed nice, I guess.
她说她养了马 家里还有游泳池
She said she's got horses and a swimming pool.
我不骑马
I don't ride.
你呢
Do you?
不骑
No.
我妈会骑马
My mom did.
她小时候在堪萨斯时家里有马
She used to have horses growing up in Kansas.
其中有一匹经常很孤单
There was this one, used to get so lonely,
它会跑过来把头伸进窗户里
he would come and put his head through the window
就想看看里面发生了什么
just to see what was going on.
你妈妈也去世了吗
Is your mother dead too?
是的
Yes.
她病了吗
Did yours get sick?
不
No.
你会继续跟现在那家人在一起吗
Will you stay with the family you're with?
不
No.
他们这个夏天要出门度假
They're all going away for the summer.
然后呢
Then what?
我不知道
I don't know.
真希望你不走
I wish you weren't going.
你记得见过我吗
Do you remember seeing me?
什么时候
When?
之前
Right before.
我记得你
I remember you.
我当时在那里
I was there.
我在那里
I was there.
你该休息了 小鸽子
You should get some rest, pigeon.
我跟西奥说好了要带他看工作间
And I, uh... I told Theo I'd show him the workshop.
你喜欢古老的东西
You like old things.
那你住在巴伯家一定觉得很有意思了
Must be interesting for you at the Barbours' then.
齐本德尔式家具 安妮女王式家具
The Chippendale? Queen Anne?
这里更好 可以看到它们是怎么制♥作♥出来的
It's nicer here. You can see how they're made.
在巴伯家 那些东西都有点...
At the Barbours', they all kind of
像动物标本
look like stuffed animals.
你可以帮我挑选这些樱桃木饰面
You can help me sort through these cherrywood veneers.
我要找能跟这个钟盒相匹配的
Looking to match the case for this clock here.
西奥 你还记得普拉特吧
Theo, you remember Platt.
我得给谁吹♥箫♥
Who do I have to blow
才能换来一杯咖啡
to get a cup of coffee around this place?
回你的房♥间去
Go back to your room.
钱斯...
Chance, just...
不 这次不行 滚回你的房♥间去
No. Not this time. Go back to your room.
赶紧的
Now!
学校里出了点事
Something happened at school.
很糟的事
Something bad.
他被开除了吗
Has he been expelled?
没人肯说
No one will talk about it.
妈妈最爱普拉特
Mother loves Platt the best.
爸爸最爱凯茨
Daddy loves Kitsey best.
妈妈爱普拉特
Mother loves Platt.
她也很爱托迪
She loves Toddy a lot, too.
《金翅雀》 卡尔·法布里蒂乌斯1654年的名作被毁
我看不出来
I can't tell.
一种方法是检查磨损情况
Well, one way is to check the wear.
如果太均匀 就像这里 那就是复♥制♥品
If it's too even, like here, then it's reproduction.
古董的磨损情况总是不对称的
Antiques always wear asymmetrically.
还有一点 这里
Another thing, here, this.
这是机械切削的
It's machine-cut.
能感觉到吗
You feel it?
但这边
But here,
这是手工刨的
hand-planed.
所以这个是假的
So this one is fake.
不
Well, no.
只有当你想用它冒充真品时才能算假
It's only fake if you try to pass it off as an original.
这只是个复♥制♥品 而且复♥制♥得不算太好
This is a reproduction and not a very good one.
有些东西可以帮助重塑
There are things you can do to help the reimagining.
相应时代的木头 酸 贴金漆 碳烟
Period wood, acid, gold size, lampblack.
可以把旧钉子泡在盐水里让它生锈
You can rust old nails in salt water.
你会感觉到的
You'll get a feel for it.
新的太平滑了 没有灵魂
The new one's flat. It's dead.
但这个...
But this one...
这个闪闪发光
That glow.
这是数百年被人抚摸和使用的结果
电影精选列表