Why you gave so much of yourselves
to people you didn't know.
即使现在 我也不知道
And even now I don't know.
我不知道我为什么在这里
I don't know why I'm here.
真的不知道
I really don't.
但我们现在都在这里
But we're all here now.
他们需要我们
And they need us.
他们需要你们
They need you.
我们不该联♥系♥媒体的
We should have never gone to the press.
是啊 邻居们都讨厌我们
No our neighbors can't stand us.
他们觉得我们是自找的
They think we wanted this.
我没想到会变成一场闹剧
I didn't know it was going to turn into a circus.
我们想要的是你们这样的人
We wanted someone like you.
专家 有过类似经历的人
Experts people who've dealt with this before.
我们从头说起吧
Let's take this back to the beginning.
什么时候开始的
When did it start?
希瑟的坚信礼那天
Heather's confirmation.
对
Yeah.
你说你看见他死了是什么意思
What do you mean you saw him die?
嘘
Shh.
你当时在这儿吗
Were you here?
不在 在家里
No back home.
在幻象里
In a vision.
但那次不一样
But it was different.
你告诉你妈妈了吗
Did you tell your mom?
没有
No.
我没法再跟她说话了
I can't talk to her anymore.
她总是那么
She's always so...
担心我
Worried.
是啊
Yeah.
还有件事
There's something else.
我不知道怎么说
I don't know how to say it.
但就像
But it's like...
有什么东西想让我
something wants me...
留在这里
to be here.
能做到这样
To be able to do this.
你 pancakes 越做越多了
You're starting to make more pancakes.
所以 这是个普通的案子吗
So is this like a normal case?
从来没有普通的案子
They're never normal.
不是
No.
我是说 你们总是做 pancakes 吗
I mean... do you always cook pancakes?
这也是流程的一部分吗
Is that part of the process?
有时候是华夫饼
Sometimes it's waffles.
不 每个案子都不一样
No every case is different.
都不一样
It's different.
每个家庭也不一样
Every family's different.
唯一不变的是恐惧
One thing that's always the same is the fear.
你能从他们眼里看到
And you can see it in their eyes.
恶魔会利用这点
And a demon will prey on that.
它会试图孤立他们 用恐惧对付他们
It'll try to isolate them use their fears against them.
所以这份工作的一部分就是
So part of the job is just...
让他们知道自己不是孤身一人
letting them know they're not alone.
对
Right.
朱迪说你以前是警♥察♥
Judy told me you were a cop.
怎么了
What happened?
为什么辞职了
Why'd you quit?
没什么
There's nothing.
好吧
Okay.
是这样
So...
我以前在布卢姆菲尔德工作
I was working in Bloomfield.
你知道 小地方
You know small town.
从没发生过什么事
Nothing ever happens.
我和搭档接到一个家庭暴♥力♥的报案
Me and my partner we get a domestic violence call.
我们赶到那所房♥子
And we pull up to the house and...
听见里面在打架 所以 我敲了门
we hear fighting inside so... I knock on the door.
门立刻就飞开了
And immediately the door flies open and this
一个男人把一把 12 号♥霰弹枪顶在我脸上
guy shoves a 12-gauge shotgun right in my face.
然后我听到 咔哒一声
And I hear... a click.
我
I uh...
僵住了
I'm on freeze.
然后 我们制♥服♥了他
And uh we take the guy down.
逮捕了他
Arrest him.
后来 我的
Later my...
搭档过来找我
my partner comes up to me.
他说 你差点死了
And he says you're a dead man.
他给我看那把枪
He shows me the shotgun.
上了膛的
It was loaded.
撞针卡壳了
Primary struck on the show.
没打响
Misfire.
我意识到有个世界里我已经死了
I figure there's a world where I'm dead.
在那个世界里我不会变老
Where I never grow old.
不会有孩子
I never have kids.
不会娶你女儿
I never get to marry your daughter.
所以 第二天 我
So next day I...
辞职了
I quit.
然后出去给朱迪买♥♥了那枚戒指
And I go out and buy that ring for Judy.
?
?
?
?
这是我的废纸篓
This is my waste paper basket.
当然是你的废纸篓
Of course it's your waste basket!
是你把它放我手上的
You put it on my hand!
哦 谢谢 伯特
Oh thank you Bert.
这是我用来扔东西的废纸篓 当我
Now that's my waste paper basket for throwing stuff in when I'm...
你做鬼脸了吗
Did you do a silly face?
嗯
Yeah.
抱歉
Sorry.
闪光灯应该关掉的
Flash was supposed to be off.
我只是想
I just thought I could...
把一切都记录下来
document it all.
一切都好吗
Everything okay?
嗯
Yeah.
我才意识到我从没见过你们工作的样子
I just realized I've never seen you guys at work.
我也感觉到了
I feel it too.
待在这儿
Stay here.
妈妈 我能帮忙
Mom I can help.
朱迪 你答应过的
Judy you promised.
妈妈
Mommy!
妈妈
Mommy!
嘿 凯伦
Hey Karen.
抱歉
Sorry.
没事
It's okay.
她叫什么名字
What's her name?
这是苏西
This is Susie.
嘿 苏西
Hey Susie.
你喜欢娃娃吗
Do you like dolls?
不太喜欢
Not really.
走开
Get away!
不
No!
你做的好事
What you did!
你这脏女孩
You dirty girl!
你这污秽的女孩
You filthy girl!
不
No!
那些鬼魂
The spirits.
有三个
There are three of them.
他们从没住过这房♥子 但在这片土地上
They never lived in this house but on this land.
这里以前是农田
This was farmland.
有个女人
There was a woman.
她很狂野
She was wild.
非常痛苦
Just so tormented.
她有外遇
She had an affair.
她丈夫疯了
And her husband went insane.
电影精选列表