I do it.
我很乐意这么做 因为我知道这一切对你有多重要
I'm happy to do it because I know how important all this is to you.
这不只是为了我
It's not just for me.
我知道你能做出许多正面的贡献
I know all the good that you can do.
所以我当你的影子
So I'll be your shadow.
因为我知道
Because I know,
不管出于什么原因
for whatever reason,
你要的是一个当影子的男人
a shadow of a man is what you want.
但别对我生气
But don't get upset with me
只因为我扮演得太好了
when I'm a little too good at it.
有人说:“每个伟大的男人背后 都有一个伟大的女人”
It has been said, "Behind every great man is a great woman."
雪莉奇泽姆的背后则有康拉德奇泽姆
Behind Shirley Chisholm is Conrad Chisholm,
他是市医疗局的调查员
an investigator for the City Bureau of Medical Services.
你们俩结婚19年了
You two have been married for 19 years.
你们会怎么形容彼此?
How would you describe each other?
我跟你说
Well, I tell you.
我记得有一次在晚宴上主持人介绍她
I remember a time when she was introduced at a dinner by the MC.
我觉得他的形容很贴切
And it was very fitting, to me,
说她是45公斤的核能
that he described her as 100 pounds of nuclear energy.
我觉得很恰当
And I think it was very appropriate.
我会形容我的丈夫
Well, I would describe my husband as
是90公斤的耐心
200 pounds of patience.
我的丈夫很了不起
My husband is a remarkable man.
我可以很坦诚地说
I can truthfully say
我之所以能够登上巅峰
that I would not have been able to reach the top
是因为我有个非常体贴的伴侣
unless I had a very understanding mate.
我知道偶尔对他来说确实是很辛苦
And indeed, I know it has been most difficult for him, occasionally.
这个...我是得做出不少牺牲
Well... I've had to sacrifice quite a bit,
但为了她在做的事,我很乐意牺牲
but I enjoy sacrificing it for what she's doing.
非常感谢两位
Thank you both very much.
♪ Let me tells you what happened to me ♪
(1972年4月10日 民♥主♥党全国代♥表♥大♥会♥前三个月)
真令人难堪
It's an embarrassment.
竞选结果竟演变至此
I mean, this is what the campaign's come to,
雪莉和华勒斯对决
Shirley and Wallace.
雪莉在佛州惨败 在伊利诺伊州票数不到1%
Shirley got blown out in Florida, less than 1% of the vote in Illinois.
在威斯康辛州也一样
Same in Wisconsin.
票数不到1%
Less than 1% of the vote.
没有拿到代表票
And no delegates.
你不用跟雪莉说这些数字
You can spare Shirley the numbers.
再过三个月就要开大会 我们一直在开倒车
Three months from the convention, and we're moving backward.
雪莉...
Shirley...
我欣赏她都说真话
I dig her... speaking-truth thing,
但这样拿不到选票
but that doesn't get you votes.
史丹利 你想要什么?
Stanley, what do you want?
我想要你帮我助雪莉一臂之力
我被晾在一旁没办法做事
I want you to help me help Shirley. I can't manage from the bleachers.
你想要我帮你把雪莉打入冷宫?
You want me to help you sideline Shirley?
才不是,麦克
Oh, hell no, Mac.
你应该了解我
You know me better.
我们只是需要把她隔开
We just need to compartmentalize her...
这样我们才更能引导选战,就是...
so we can better guide the campaign.Just--
那就去引导,为雪莉而引导雪莉
Just guide it. Guide Shirley for Shirley.
你知道我跟雪莉的过往吗?
You know my history with Shirley?
你认识她是在 你成立贝德福史岱弗森政♥治♥联盟那时
You knew her from, uh, when you formed the Bedford-Stuyvesant Political League.
当时她还是布鲁克林学院的大四生
She was still a senior at Brooklyn College.
我把我的政♥治♥知识全都教给了雪莉
Taught Shirley everything I knew about politics.
如何看透人们以及他们玩的把戏
How to read people and the games they play.
体系是如何运作的
How the system works, how some people are kept out
为何有些人被拒于门外 有些人则炙手可热
and others kept in.
在我把那些都教给雪莉之后
And after I taught Shirley all that,
她竟回过头来在我自己成立的联盟 跟我竞争主席之位
she turns around and runs against me for president of my own league.
你现在依然跟她合作
You still work with her.
你原谅她了?
You forgive her?
没什么好原谅的
Nothing to forgive.
雪莉相信必要的事就该做
Shirley believes in the necessary.
当时她认为有必要由她来取代我
At the time, she thought it was necessary for her to replace me.
当你谈到引导雪莉,要记得这一点
That's something to remember when you talk about guiding Shirley.
♪ You drink your whiskey ♪
♪ I'll drink my wine... ♪
奇泽姆议员
Congresswoman Chisholm.
华特 -见到你真开心
Walter. - It sure is good to see you.
要叫人拿菜单来吗?
May I get you a menu?
不用,我不会待那么久
No, I won't be staying that long.
太可惜了
Oh... That's too bad.
与朋友一起享用餐点会更加美味
A meal is so much better... when it's enjoyed with friends.
好,雪莉
Well, Shirley.
我能说什么?
What can I say?
很可惜你在佛州的表现欠佳
It's a shame you didn't do better in Florida.
但很厉害,你还是拿下了4%的票
But my, my. You did get 4% of the vote.
将近4%啦
Well, almost 4%.
有多几个人支持会更好
Could have used a few more endorsements.
整个国会黑人党团中支持我的
The whole Congressional Black Caucus, and the only ones I have behind me
只有米契、柯尼尔斯和德伦斯
are Mitchell, Conyers, and Dellums.
我自己都在选,很难支持你
I can hardly endorse you when I'm running myself.
只是以地区宠儿姿态参选而已,华特
As a favorite son candidate in the district, that's it, Walter.
你在这里,斯托克斯在俄亥俄州
You here, and Stokes in Ohio.
加起来也没多少
That don't add up to much.
但你想告诉人♥民♥ 我们的人♥民♥,该由谁来代表他们
But you want to tell the people, our people, who should represent them.
你没比那些白人肥猫好到哪里去
You're no better than the fat cat white boys.
雪莉
Shirley.
我参加了从赛尔码到蒙哥马力的游♥行♥
I made the march, Selma to Montgomery.
我在前线跟马丁一起学到血的教训
I learned lessons of the flesh on the front lines with Martin.
所以请你不要对我多作臆想
So I'd appreciate if you didn't suppose about me for me.
华特,我能怎么帮你?
How can I help you, Walter?
我要你退出华盛顿特区的初选
I want you to drop out of the primary in DC.
罗恩警告过我的 - 罗恩德伦斯是西岸外行人
Ron warned me. - Ron Dellums is a West Coast dilettante.
威利布朗才是加州的强权
Willie Brown is the power in California.
别被罗恩影响了
Don't let Ron get in your head.
如果你继续参加初选
Now, if you stay in the primary,
到头来你和我只会分散选票
you and me are only gonna end up splitting the vote.
分散代表票对你我都没有帮助
Splitting the delegates doesn't help you, doesn't help me.
要我帮你最好的方法就是退出?
And the best way for me to help you is for me to drop out?
只在我有登记的华盛顿特区就好
Only in DC, where I'm on the ballot.
你我都知道总统提名
Now, you and me both know the nomination for president
不会在第一轮♥大♥会决定
isn't gonna be decided in the first round at the convention.
在第一轮之后
Now, after that first round,
等我从民♥主♥党那里拿到我应得的好处
after I get my... pound of flesh out of the Democratic Party,
我就把我所有的代表票都转让给你
I will release all my delegates to you with the instruction to vote
指示他们依你的吩咐投票
as you tell them to vote.
我对天发誓
I swear to God, Walter.
华特,又搞密室政♥治♥
Just more backroom politics.
既然是政♥治♥人物,这样也没什么不对
Nothing wrong with politics when you're a politician.
在第一轮结束后
After the first round, you will get all my delegates.
你会拿到我所有的代表票
我白纸黑字给你承诺
You literally have my word.
(承诺,华特方特罗伊)
你愿意答应我吗?
Now, do I have yours?
我答应了
I said yes.
我还能怎么说?
What else was I supposed to say?
他说的有理,也给了我承诺,我...
He made sense. He gave me his word.
就是不...
I... just don't...
听着
Look.
华特是好人
Walter's a good man,
但他总是会...
but Walter's always going...
所以你觉得我做错了
So you think I made a mistake.
华特经常让人失望
Walter has a tendency to disappoint, and when it happens, it happens.
等到事情发生就是发生了 就是这样而已
That's all.
我有在注意,雪莉
I got my ears open, Shirley.
如果听到什么你该知道的事 一定第一个告诉你
If I hear anything you should know, I will be the first one to tell you.
谢谢你,罗恩
Thank you, Ron. - Of course.
还用说,不客气
Of course.
你好好准备选下一任总统就好
You just worry about being the next president.
我要催出选票才行
So I need to get out the vote.
电影精选列表