谢谢
Thank you.
抱歉久等了
Sorry to keep you waiting.
没关系
Not at all.
雪莉,这位是史丹利汤森
Shirley, Stanley Townsend.
叫我史丹
Stan.
奇泽姆太太,你好吗? - 我感觉挺好的
How are you, Mrs. Chisholm? - I'm feeling pretty well.
见过大家了吧?康拉德
You've met everybody? Conrad.
亚瑟、我的青年协调员罗伯葛特利
Arthur, Robert Gottlieb, my youth coordinator.
他确实是“青年”没错
He certainly fits the "youth" part.
我年纪大到足以参加越战了
I'm old enough to be in Vietnam.
那倒是
Yes, you are.
史丹长♥期♥担任政♥治♥操盘手
Stan's a longtime political operative.
他对参与我们的竞选工作充满期待
He's excited about the prospect of working on the campaign.
非常期待
Very excited.
我们应该都一样
Well, I think we all are.
我可以想像,我们有很多事要做
I can imagine. I will say, we have a lot of ground to cover.
所以需要决定
So we need to decide
如何最有效定位你要传递的讯息
how to most effectively position your messaging.
我的定位和要传递的讯息很简单
My position and my messaging are very simple.
我想要还政于民
I'm trying to give politics back to the people.
当然,但这是全国性的竞选活动
Absolutely. But you're running a national campaign.
所以我们要如何 向全美的选民传达你的讯息?
So how do we convey your message to voters across America?
透过告诉全美的选民
By telling voters across America
我想要还政于民
I'm trying to give politics back to the people.
全国性的竞选活动会比较复杂一点
A national campaign, it's a little more challenging than that.
但不是非得那样
But it needn't be.
奇泽姆太太
Mrs. Chisholm...
我愿意投身资金不足的选战
I'm signing on for an underfunded operation
是因为你的本质和特性符合时代精神
because who you are and what you're about meet the moment.
但也要方便选民了解你
But you have to meet voters where they live.
我只要求你相信我能帮你做到这一点
All I ask is that you trust I can help you accomplish that.
好吧
Okay.
好
All right.
那么...
Well...
让我们助你当上总统吧 - 好
Let's get you elected president. - All right.
♪ I'm coming home ♪
(1972年1月25日)
♪ I'm coming home ♪
♪ I'm coming home... ♪
今天我站在各位面前
I stand before you today
身分是角逐民♥主♥党
as a candidate for the Democratic nomination
提名美国总统的候选人
for the presidency of the United States of America.
我不是美国黑人代表候选人
I am not the candidate of Black America,
虽然我以身为黑人为荣
although I am Black and proud.
我不是我国女性运动代表候选人
I am not the candidate of the women's movement of this country,
虽然我同样以身为女性为荣
although I am a woman, and I am equally proud of that.
我不是任何政♥治♥大老或肥猫
I am not the candidate of any political bosses or fat cats
或特殊利益的代表候选人
or special interests.
如今我站在此处,没有任何
I stand here now without endorsements
大牌政♥治♥人物或名流为我背书
from any big-name politicians or celebrities.
我不打算诉诸陈腔滥调
I do not intend to offer to you the tired and glib cliches
我们接受那是政♥治♥生命的一部分 已经太久了
which for too long have been an accepted part of our political life.
我是代表美国人♥民♥的候选人
I am the candidate of the people of America.
如今我在各位面前
And my presence before you
象征着美国政♥治♥史上的新纪♥元♥
now symbolizes a new era in American political history.
我对美国人♥民♥有信心
I have faith in the American people.
对! - 没错
Yeah.
我相信我们有足够的智慧
I believe that we are intelligent enough
能辨认出所有美国人 都具有的才华、活力和奉献精神
to recognize the talent, energy, and dedication which all Americans,
包括女性和少数族裔
including women and minorities, have to offer.
我们都是神的子民
We are all God's children,
而我们每个人的意志
and the will of each of us
跟最有权势之人的意志同样珍贵
is just as precious as the will of the most powerful of us.
我们的意志可以 在1972年创造出一个新的美国
Our will can create a new America in 1972.
对!
Yeah!
一个免于暴♥力♥之苦 在海内外都没有战争的国度
One where there is freedom from violence and war at home and abroad.
对!
Yeah!
免于贫穷和歧视
Where there is freedom from poverty and discrimination.
至少存在着一种我们 在为每个人追求进步的感觉
Where there exists at least a feeling that we are making progress for everyone.
对!
Yes!
有此愿景的各位
All of you who share this vision,
一直受到忽略
who have been neglected,
冷落、遗忘、漠视或排挤的各位
left out, forgotten, ignored, or shunned aside,
和我一起携手重新建立我们的社会
join me in an effort to regain our society and regain control of our destiny.
- 并重新掌握我们的命运 - 对!
一起步上1972年的奇泽姆之路
As we go down the Chisholm Trail for 1972.
♪ I'm coming home... ♪
雪莉奇泽姆是唯一一个对我国政♥治♥
Shirley Chisholm is the only candidate who is perfectly situated
能产生戏剧性影响的候选人
to have a dramatic effect on politics in this country.
我会鼓励我在全奥克兰 全加州的所有选民...
I will encourage all of my constituents throughout Oakland, throughout California...
事实上,是全国的选民
Frankly, voters across this country,
在考虑下一届总统人选时
when you are considering the next president,
只应该浮现一个名字
there's one name and only one name that you should speak.
就是雪莉奇泽姆
And that name... is Shirley Chisholm.
罗恩
Ron.
雪莉
Shirley.
谢谢你,罗恩
Thank you, Ron.
谢我什么?
For?
这么早就给出强力的背书
The endorsement, early and strong.
雪莉啊,参选就是为了要赢
Oh, Shirley, if you in this race, you in it to win.
罗恩德伦斯可不会赌你输
Ron Dellums is not betting against you.
你要在加州竞选?
You competing in California? - Mmm.
你要在加州选的话,我会全力金援你
You run in California, I will put all my capital behind you.
拿下湾区、奥克兰、旧金山...
You carry the Bay Area, Oakland, San Francisco--
罗恩,加州是赢家通吃
Ron, California is winner take all.
我没有时间跟资源投入加州
I don't have the time or resources to put into California,
结果却让马斯基拿走所有的代表票
just so Muskie can take all the delegates.
提醒你一下
Well... word of caution.
华特方特罗伊或许会对你造成问题
Walter Fauntroy might be a problem for you.
小公子方特罗伊
Little Lord Fauntroy.
他们想让他以地区宠儿姿态参选
They want to run him as the favorite son candidate in the district.
这会让你们两个处于对立面
It's gonna put you two in opposition.
“好,罗恩 我没有跟雪莉处于对立面,明白吗?
"Now, Ronald, I'm not in opposition to Shirley, you understand?"
我只是要求她乖乖等着轮到她”
"I'm simply asking that she be a good little girl and wait her turn."
你学他学得真像
You...You got him down cold.
罗恩,谢谢你相信
Ron, thank you for believing.
雪莉
Shirley.
你就像我姊姊一样
You are like a big sister to me.
无论情况如何发展
However, this thing goes,
我都会支持你到底
I'm with you till the end.
谢谢
Thank you.
不客气
Of course.
我饿了 去买♥♥麦当劳吧
I'm hungry. Go and get some McDonald's.
你知道那是我的最爱
You know that's my favorite.
也许可以去街上 - 草莓奶昔
May be able to go down the street. - Strawberry shake.
草莓...
Strawberry...
分♥析♥师还在分♥析♥
The analysts are still analyzing,
他们不明白美国有新的事情正在发生
and they don't understand that something new is happening in America.
而雪莉奇泽姆的参选
And this campaign, the Shirley Chisholm campaign,
就代表了新的政♥治♥面貌
is the note of the new politics.
其余的只是在发出老掉牙的陈旧噪音
The rest of it is just making tired old noises.
我之前说得很清楚
What I have said is very clear.
雪莉奇泽姆认为她的参选
Shirley Chisholm views her candidacy
是代表女权以及黑人
as a representation of the right of a woman
角逐我国最高统帅之位
and a Black to run for the highest office in this land.
我向来认为麦高文参议员 是最佳白人男性候选人
I have considered Senator McGovern the best white male candidate.
我受够了有人问这个问题
I am sick and tired of people asking the question,
“奇泽姆太太 你是认真要选总统吗?”
"Mrs. Chisholm, are you serious about running for president?"
包括其他女性和女性主义者在内
The fact that people, even other women, feminists,
人们无法认真看待我参选
can't take my campaign seriously
这一点就表明了 这个社会赋予女性的特定角色
is an indication of the prescribed role this society has given to women.
我们承认有种族政♥治♥
We acknowledge racial politics,
民族政♥治♥
ethnic politics,
电影精选列表