I'd put my name on the ticket.
我会出马竞选总统
I'd run for president.
总统?
President?
你要我们怎么跟她们说?
What do you want us to tell them?
雪莉,就算你参选
Shirley, if you run,
也赢不了
you can't win.
用那种态度当然赢不了
Well, not with that attitude, I can't.
我为什么赢不了?
And why can't I win?
除了我是黑人女性这个因素之外
Besides the fact that I'm a Black woman.
马斯基会轻松赢得民♥主♥党初选
Muskie's going to run away with the Democratic primary.
就算你成功参选,参选的人也很多
Even if you did get in the race, the field's too crowded.
马斯基、麦高文要选 林赛可能也要选
Muskie. McGovern's running. Lindsay's probably gonna run.
韩福瑞也会选 韩福瑞每次都选,还有米尔斯
Humphrey'll run. Humphrey always runs. Mills.
史库普杰克森 老天喔,还有乔治华勒斯
Scoop Jackson, for God's sake. George Wallace.
他们都有什么共通点?
And what do they all have in common?
中年白人男性
Middle-aged white men.
谁来代表黑人
Who is representing the Blacks,
女性、墨裔、青年和劳工阶级?
the women, the Chicanos, the youth, the working class?
有件事可以确定,就是你的钱不够
Well, one thing for sure, you don't have enough money.
我会募款
I'll fundraise.
找谁募款?
Off of who?
墨裔、青年、劳工阶级?
The Chicanos, the youth, the working class?
他们又没什么钱
They don't have any money. Not real money.
就算你想象征性地参选,门槛少说...
If you wanted to even have a token campaign,
要三吧?
you'd have to start with... three?
三
Three.
至少三十万美金
At least 300,000.
而且还是打最穷酸、最精简的选战
And that would be a bare-bones, slimmed-down campaign.
麦克
Mac.
我会去大学校园演讲,请白人男孩
I go to speak at college campuses, and I have boys, white boys,
上台来跟我谈 “奇泽姆太太,你何时要进行?
coming up to me talking about, "Mrs. Chisholm, when are you gonna do it?"
你何时要竞选总统?”
"When are you going to run for president?"
如果有白人男孩认为我能当总统
If there are white boys who think I could be president,
认为我应该当总统
who think I should be president,
那我何不为所有人放手一搏?
then how am I not gonna try for everybody else?
好吧
Well...
你当然不怕参选
You're certainly not afraid to run.
我应该知道的
I ought to know.
麦克
Mac.
雪莉...
Shirley...
你会需要我们怎么配合?
What would you need from us?
我会需要你给我建议,一如以往
I would need you to advise me, same as always.
亚瑟,你可以负责管钱
Arthur, you can oversee the money.
康拉德可以请假来处理保全事宜
Conrad can take a bit of time off work to handle the security.
没有意见?
Nothing?
没有反应?
Nothing?
没人有话要说?
Nobody's got anything to say?
你要竞选总统
You're running for president.
还有什么好说的?
What is there to say?
“好”
"Yes."
告诉他们我说“好”
Tell them I said, "Yes."
我得帮你找个竞选经理人
I'm gonna have to find you a campaign manager.
必须是黑人 - 必须是好人才
Needs to be somebody Black. - Needs to be somebody good.
我得打几个电♥话♥
I have to make some calls.
我得募到三十万美元
Yeah, well, I gotta raise $300,000.
祝各位圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas to you.
好个新年新开始
One hell of a way to start the New Year.
准备好重操旧业了吗?
You ready to do this again?
再来一次
One more time. - Wow!
所以呢?
So?
你有何想法?
What do you think?
现在才问我有点晚了
A little late to be asking me now.
但还不算太晚
But it's not too late.
我认识的你每战必胜
I've never known you not to win.
一次都没输过
Not once.
这次又怎么会有所不同?
Why should this time be any different?
我该去买♥♥台新相机
I should get a new camera.
你即将要创造历史了
You're about to make history.
不管你买♥♥什么 一定要是二手的便宜货
Whatever you get, make sure it's used, and make sure it's cheap.
罗伯?
Robert?
罗伯!
Robert!
奇太太,你好吗?
How are you, Mrs. C?
看看你,那是什么?
Look at you. What is all that?
我已经不是国会助理了,所以...
Uh, well, you know. I'm not a congressional aide anymore. So--
所以你就变成潮男了
So you went and got all hip on me.
应该是吧
I suppose I did.
是啊,好久不见了
Yeah, it's been a little while.
不得不说我记得最清楚的
I would have to say that the thing that I remember most,
就是你当国会议员第一年
a first-year congressman,
竟然跑去逼议长分派你到别的委员会
and you forced the Speaker to give you a different committee assignment.
你到底是怎么...
I mean, how do you even...
就是绝不接受现状
Just don't ever accept things the way they are.
奇太太,我必须跟你说
Mrs. C, I gotta tell you,
在你手下实习是我记忆
interning for you is one of the most memorable experiences
最深刻的经历
that I've ever had.
我真的很感激
I appreciate it. I do.
我知道你在康乃尔大学很有成就
And I understand you're doing some impressive things at Cornell.
被选入校务委员会
Elected to the Board of Regents.
对,我只是学生代表
Yeah, I'm just a student representative.
史上首见
The first ever.
罗伯,我给你个建议
Robert, a bit of advice?
别太谦虚
Don't be humble.
成功人士谦虚起来反而显得自大
Humility in successful people comes off as its own kind of arrogance.
我倒不知道我是成功人士
I don't know that I'm a successful person.
罗伯
Robert.
好吧,对
Okay. Yes.
没错,明白了
Yes. Understood.
好
So, I have something I want to tell you.
我有件事要告诉你
我要竞选总统
I am running for president.
美国总统?
Of the United States?
天啊
Holy...
这真是...
That's... I mean, that's... Right the hell on, Mrs. C.
这样就对了,奇太太
这太好了
I mean, that's... that's great.
你会是我国有史以来最了不起的总统
You would be the most amazing president that this country has ever seen.
这实在是...如果有我帮得上忙的...
I mean, wow. That... If there's anything I can do to help...
那倒是有
Well, there is.
我要你当我的全国学生协调员
I need you to be my national student coordinator.
我...什么?
I'm so... What?
在我竞选的所有州
Overseeing all the student organizations
负责所有与竞选相关的学生团体
affiliated with the campaign in the states where I'm on the ballot.
好 - 组织校园集♥会♥
Okay. - Putting together campus rallies.
奇太太,我...
Well, Mrs. C, um...
我没办法
I... I can't.
我不喜欢“没办法”这个字眼
I don't like the word "can't."
对,我知道,但我...
Yes, I know. But I...
罗伯
Robert, this is the first year
这是第一次18岁 就能在全国性选举中投票
18-year-olds will be able to vote in a national election.
要让他们投票,就要让他们知道
To get them to vote, they need to know
用他们手中的选票就能产生影响
that using their vote can make a difference.
全国协调员?
National coordinator?
但我才刚满21岁
I mean, I just turned 21.
年纪大到都可以参加越战并阵亡了
Old enough to be fighting and dying in Vietnam.
现在是学年中,我没办法...
I mean, it's the middle of the school year, and I can't...
我是说我得跟学校说
Well, I mean, I... I... I have to call the university.
还得打给我爸妈
I mean... I mean, I gotta call my parents.
是不是该去敲门 通知奇泽姆太太我到了?
Should we maybe knock on the door and tell Mrs. Chisholm I've arrived?
她知道我们在等
She knows we're waiting. We should let her finish her lunch.
我们应该让她好好吃完午餐
新相机?
New camera?
跟新的一样
Yeah, it's like new.
电影精选列表