In Hollywood, they throw money at you for nothing.
钱越多就越虚无
The more money, the more nothing.
这栋房♥子是我拍完《茱莉亚》后买♥♥的
This house, I bought it after I did Julia.
那个节目很了不起
Mmm... That was a remarkable program.
我1968年拍那套电视剧时
When I did that show, 1968,
是第一个在黄金时段 拥有自己节目的黑人女性
the first Black woman to have her own prime-time network program,
扮演护士、专业人士...
playing a nurse, a professional...
以前我收过一些人寄来的信
The letters that I used to get from some folks.
知道他们最讨厌什么吗?
Know what they hated the most?
就是茱莉亚的人生中没有男人
There was no man in Julia's life.
她自立自强
She was on her own,
独力抚养儿子,生活还过得去
raising her son by herself, and getting by.
过得很精彩
Thriving.
对很多男人来说 当他们看见一个女人独♥立♥自主
And for a lot of men, when they see a woman on her own, doing for herself--
自力更生... - 我不便评论你的行业
I can't speak to your profession,
但在我这行
but in mine...
男人太习惯于掌控
以致平等对他们而言感觉就像是混乱
Men are so used to being in control that equality, to them, feels like chaos.
不过你家还是很漂亮
Well, it is still a beautiful home.
就是说吧?
Oh... Isn't it, though? - Mmm.
黛安
Diahann. - Hmm.
准备好迎接小小的混乱
Get ready for a little chaos.
休伊
Huey.
快过来
Come on over.
容我为你引见
I would like you to meet...
雪莉奇泽姆太太
Mrs. Shirley Chisholm.
雪莉
Shirley.
休伊
Huey.
雷霆和闪电
Thunder and lightning.
我来到加州是想寻求你的支持
I've come to California 'cause I'm seeking your endorsement.
为什么? - 我为什么要你支持?
Why? - Why do I want your endorsement?
你凭什么认为我们会支持你?
Why do you think we would give it?
你之前怎么说我们的?
What did you say about us? The, uh...
“黑豹党很可耻”
"The Black Panther Party is shameful."
我不是那么说的
That's not what I said.
我是说“很遗憾,黑豹党有必要存在
I said, "It's a shame the Black Panther Party is necessary,
但我明白个中原因”
but I understand why it's needed."
是为了对抗乔治华勒斯这样的人 跟你交情不错那位
It is needed to stand against ofays like George Wallace, who you broke bread with.
只要能使其更有基♥督♥精神 我连魔鬼都愿意亲近
I'd break bread with the devil if it made him more Christian.
你知道有一场革命正在进行吧?
You understand that there is a revolution going on?
而且管理这个体制的政♥府♥本质腐♥败♥?
And... And that the government that runs this system is an inherently corrupt one?
但若你烧毁这个帝国
But if you burn down the empire,
就只剩下灰烬可统治
all that's left to rule over are ashes.
民♥主♥制度是可行的
Democracy works. If it didn't,
否则我们就不会坐在这里谈话了
we wouldn't be having this conversation.
你说黑人弟兄姊妹
You call brothers and sisters
遭警♥察♥殴打、枪击、勒死是...
getting beat up, shot, choked to death by the police--
没错
Exactly.
必须追究他们的责任
And they need to be held accountable.
我会迫使所有的政♥治♥人物
And I'm going to force all the politicians
要努力赢得我们用血肉争取来的选票
to earn the vote that we secured with our rent flesh and spilt blood.
从南方的伯明翰一路到北方的宾汉顿
From Birmingham all the way up to Binghamton.
你办得到?只是布鲁克林的一介教师
You gonna do all that? Schoolteacher from Brooklyn.
对,我的确只是布鲁克林的一介教师
Yes, I am just a schoolteacher from Brooklyn.
哈莉特原本只是个奴隶
And Harriet was just a slave.
罗莎原本也只是个家庭帮佣
Rosa was just a domestic.
你说你是做哪行的?
What is it you do for a living again?
黑豹党号♥召大家
The Black Panther Party puts forth the call
团结起来支持雪莉奇泽姆姊妹竞选
to unite together to join Sister Shirley Chisholm's campaign.
雪莉一直挺身对抗种族歧视
Shirley... has stood up in the face to racism,
一有机会就谴责黑人与穷♥人♥的苦难
denouncing the sufferance of Black and poor people at every opportunity.
值得让雪莉当上总统
Shirley deserves to be president.
她也一定会当上总统
And she will be.
只要我们把加州的选票投给她
When we deliver to her the state of California.
像加州这样赢家通吃的地方
A place like California, where it's a winner-take-all operation,
只会消散黑人代表 在大会上的潜在力量
you're simply dissipating the potential of Black delegate strength
如果来这里让一个黑人
at the convention if you come here
以抗♥议♥的姿态象征性地参选的话
and try to run a Black in a symbolic protest campaign,
雪莉奇泽姆的参选就会是这样
and that's what Shirley Chisholm's campaign will amount to.
今天所有票数的赢家
The winner-take-all votes,
对角逐总统候选人提名至关重要
crucial to the presidential nominating race.
乔治麦高文赢得加州民♥主♥党初选
George McGovern won California's Democratic primary.
他得到44%的选票
He got 44% of the vote.
休伯特韩福瑞拿到39%
Hubert Humphrey got 39%.
其余的票由其他候选人瓜分
And other candidates got the rest.
包括马斯基、杰克森
The others, Muskie, Jackson,
奇泽姆、华勒斯、约蒂各获少数比例
Chisholm, Wallace, Yorty, got a scattering few percent each.
全数271席代表票都归麦高文
But that gave McGovern all 271 delegate votes.
让他朝迈阿密的 第一轮提名投票跨出...
And it's put him well on the way to a first ballot nomination in Miam--
(1972年6月12日 民♥主♥党全国代♥表♥大♥会♥前28天)
(马斯基!)
雪莉,这是马斯基竞办的欧里克拉克
Shirley, this is Oly Clark with the Muskie campaign,
以及韩福瑞参议员竞办的阿诺品克尼
and Arnold Pinkney, with Senator Humphrey.
奇泽姆太太,我们想...
Ms. Chisholm, may we offer you...
奇泽姆太太,感谢你前来
Appreciate you coming in, Mrs. Chisholm.
你还好吗?
How are you holding up?
我感觉挺好的
I'm feeling pretty well. Would have been better
要是两位服务的候选人 其中一人愿意退选,我会感觉更好
if one of your candidates had cared to drop out of the race.
我们对你也有这种想法
We could say the same about you.
奇泽姆太太,你的选战打得很出色
You run a good campaign, Mrs. Chisholm. A real good one.
我们对加州的选举结果都感到失望 不只是因为麦高文胜选...
Shirley, I think we're all disappointed with the results in California.
如果那样也算胜选的话
Not just McGovern winning-- - If you can call it winning.
他没有拿下多数普选票 但代表票全归他
He didn't carry the state, but he gets all the delegates.
赢家通吃
Winner take all.
初选前就知道这些规则
Those were the rules before the primary.
人♥民♥投票时就是这些规则
They were the rules when the people voted.
应该没有什么可做的了
Not sure there's much that can be done about it.
我们认为有办法
We think that there is.
我们可以向资格审查委员会提出
We think we can make the case to the Credentials Committee
加州的情况不符合民♥主♥党程序
that what happened in California was not a democratic process,
代表票应该按比例分配
and that the delegates be awarded proportionally.
我们希望你的竞选团队加入动议
And we would like your campaign to join us in the motion.
你们会害我笑死
You all are killing me.
现在你们倒担心起公平性了
Now you're worried about being fair.
投票结果不合你们的意 就干脆改变规则
Vote doesn't go your way, you just change the rules.
你在臭鼬牧场工作就别怕屎臭
When you work on a skunk farm, you can't complain when the shit stinks.
现在就很臭
And right now, it stinks.
你希望让麦高文的选情 主导整个大会吗?
Do you want McGovern's campaign to control the entire convention?
这对我们究竟有什么好处?
What exactly is the benefit to us?
你们在加州排名第四
You came in fourth in California.
应该有资格拿到一些代表票
You should be entitled to some of those delegates.
加上你们原有的28票...
And with the 28 you already have--
韩福瑞参议员要求我传达
Senator Humphrey has asked me to relay
说他愿意把他的黑人代表票让给你
that he'd be willing to have his Black delegates defer to you.
我知道你跟华特方特罗伊 和罗恩德伦斯也谈好条件
I understand you have arrangements with Walter Fauntroy and Ron Dellums.
加起来你在大会上 就能掌控超过150张代表票
Altogether, you would go into the convention controlling over 150 delegates.
麦高文只有762名代表答应投给他
McGovern only has 762 pledged delegates,
而他需要1500张票才能获得提名
and he needs 1,500 to get the nomination.
我不想诋毁他...
I don't want to speak ill--
我认为他会想尽办法争取不足的票数
I would expect he would do whatever it takes to get those delegates.
不惜一切
Whatever it takes.
我们合作就能让他 第一轮投票过不了关
We work together, we can keep him from getting it on the first ballot.
前提是我支持你们的提议
If I support your suit.
雪莉,要是你这么做
If you do this, Shirley,
你到迈阿密开大会
if you take this to Miami,
他们一定会对付你
they will come at you.
记者在迈阿密海滩 哥伦比亚广播公♥司♥新闻大会总部报导
Reporting from CBS News Convention Headquarters in Miami Beach,
我是记者华特克朗凯
here is correspondent Walter Cronkite.
反麦高文的势力联合起来
The anti-McGovern forces got together,
挑战赢家通吃初选规则的合法性
and they've challenged the legality of the winner-take-all primary.
他们声称这样实际上是剥夺了数百万
They claim that it, in effect, denied all those millions
投给麦高文之外候选人的选民 在大会发声的权利
who voted for candidates other than McGovern a voice in the convention.
电影精选列表