(献给伊恩)
(1968年 美国国会有435位民选代表)
(其中11名是女性)
(五名是黑人)
(连一名黑人女性也没有)
在纽约州第12国会选区
In the 12th Congressional District of New York,
一位名叫雪莉奇泽姆的学校教师
a schoolteacher named Mrs. Shirley Chisholm
当选国会议员
was elected to Congress.
快点
Running sip. Come on.
雪莉
Shirley.
待会见
I'll see you later.
各位记者朋友及议员同仁
Ladies and gentlemen of the press, fellow representatives,
身为众议院议长,我很荣幸
as Speaker of the House, it is my honor to introduce
介绍第91届美♥利♥坚♥合众国国会新成员
the freshman class of the 91st Congress of the United States of America.
各位先生、这位女士,欢迎加入国会
Gentlemen, madam, welcome to Congress.
恭喜
Congratulations.
谢谢 - 奇泽姆国会议员
Thank you. - Congresswoman Chisholm.
《独排众议》
♪A-one, a-two ♪
♪A-one, two, three, four ♪
(雪莉奇泽姆,她属于贝德史岱)
♪Aw, shucks! ♪
♪Aw, baby, it's never less! ♪
- ♪ Come on ♪ - ♪ Yeah, yeah ♪
♪Aw, yeah ♪
♪Like candy you buy at the corner store ♪
♪I keep coming for more ♪
♪Candy's sweet, girl, yes, it's true ♪
♪But not as sweet as you, now... ♪
哈罗
Hello.
小朋友,你好吗?过来
How are you, young lady? Come here.
她很努力,真的很努力
She worked hard, man. She worked real hard.
你会当总统?
You're going to be president?
我是国会议员
I'm a congressman.
你又不是男人
You ain't no man.
也许我们该去找你妈妈
Maybe we should find your mother.
♪ Yeah ♪
♪ All right, now, now, now, now ♪
得搬去华盛顿特区了
You and Shirley have to move to Washington.
她说不定会在那边找间公♥寓♥
Well... you know, she'll probably get an apartment down there.
康拉德、雪莉,可以拍张照吗?
Conrad, Shirley, would you mind?
你一直在我们身边
You've always been there for us.
记得我们从波多黎各来到布鲁克林时
I remember, when we came to Brooklyn from Puerto Rico,
你让我们觉得就像家人一样
you made us feel part of the family.
你们就是我的家人
You are my family.
这只是开始,亲爱的,真正的战斗
This is just the beginning, honey. The real fight?
华府的男人不明白 平权修正案对我们有多重要
Men in Washington don't understand how important the ERA is for us.
对,等到钟响开始投票 我会在场支持你,我保证
Yes, and when the bell hits the floor, I'll be there for you. I promise.
我们也会支持你
And we're gonna be there for you.
真的很感激你 - 我也很感激你
I appreciate you so much. - I appreciate you too.
谢谢
Thank you. - Mm.
走吧,妈妈
Let's go, Mama.
你不想跟你姊说声再见?
You don't wanna say goodbye to your sister?
她在忙
She's busy.
总是在忙
Always is.
我要去说一声再走
I'm gonna say bye.
♪ All right, now, now, now, now ♪
♪ Sugar ♪
♪ Yeah ♪
♪ Sugar ♪
♪ Yeah ♪
♪ Sugar ♪
♪ I'm callin' your name out there, baby ♪
♪ Sugar ♪
♪ So sweet and... Yeah, baby ♪
♪ Sugar ♪
♪ Yeah ♪
早安,奇泽姆女士
Morning, Ms. Chisholm.
你好吗?
How you doing?
我感觉挺好的
I'm feeling pretty well.
老天,想像一下 跟我一样年薪四万两千五百美金
My, imagine making 42.5 like me.
议员
Congressman,
我们两个都来了至少一个星期了
we've both been here for at least a week.
你几乎每天都跟我说这句话
And you say that to me nearly every day.
几乎每天
Nearly every day,
我都对你能跟我们其他人 有相同收入而感到惊奇
I'm amazed that you're able to make as much money as the rest of us.
两件事
Two things.
首先,既然你受不了我跟你一样 年薪有四万两千五百美金
First of all, since you can't stand the idea of my making 42.5 like you,
那你看到我走进来,就自己消失
when you see me coming into this chamber, vanish.
这样你就不用 为了四万两千五百块跟我较劲
Vanish so you don't have to confront me with this 42.5.
其次 你要记得我在此的原因
Secondly, you have to remember the reason I'm here.
我在为许多像我这种长相的人
I'm paving the road for a lot of other people
当选进国会并赚年薪四万两千五铺路
looking like me to get elected to Congress and make 42.5.
雪莉
Shirley.
罗恩 - 有空吗?
Ron. - Got a second?
朋友找当然有空
More than a second for a friendly face.
等我们聊过再看你作何感受
Well, let's just see how you feel after we talk.
好吧
Okay.
想事先提醒你一下
Want to give you a heads-up.
他们正在为新任国会议员 分派委员会,然后...
They're putting together assignments for new congressmen,
他们要分派你到农业委员会
and... they're assigning you to the Agricultural Committee.
农业?
Agriculture?
玉米、小麦、乳牛? - 应该没有包括乳牛啦
Corn, wheat, cows? - I don't know about no cows.
我代表布鲁克林区
I represent Brooklyn.
我在农业委员会能为布鲁克林做什...
What am I gonna do for the people of Brooklyn on the Agriculture...
我要退伍军人事务委员会
I wanted Veterans' Affairs.
我在国会第一年也遭遇同样的事
I went through the same my first year in Congress.
就接受被分派的委员会 - 农业?不要
Serve on the committee you're assigned. - Agriculture? No.
惯例就是这样 - 我该找谁谈?
That's just how it is. - Who do I have to talk to?
麦科马克议长负责委员会的分派
Speaker McCormack makes all the committee assignments.
但他可是众议院议长
But he's Speaker of the House.
你不能直接找议长谈
You don't talk to the Speaker of the House.
你...
You...
老天喔
Oh Lord.
你根本没理由分派我到农业委员会
There is no good reason to appoint me to the Agricultural Committee.
你是新科议员 - 我代表纽约市第12区
You're a freshman. - I represent the 12th District.
分派哪里你就去 - 那里的人需要工作和住房♥
Take the assignment you're given. - People need jobs and housing.
所以他们才投给我 - 等到有年资...
That's why they voted. - Earn seniority--
年资?我不想听这个,约翰
Seniority? I don't want to hear about seniority, John.
这件事你想吵我奉陪
If you want me to fight you on this, I'll fight you.
你没办法吵的
You are not going to fight anyone.
我可是众议院议长
I am Speaker of the House.
席位由我决定,你最好乖乖听话
I decide who sits where, and you better fall in line,
否则你的事业在起步前就会毁了
or you're gonna kill your career before it even gets started.
安德鲁,这里,等一下
Um, Andrew, here. Hold up a sec.
“别小题大作,照吩咐去做”
"Don't make a fuss, and do as you're told."
雪莉
Sh-- Shirley. Shirley. Shirley. Shirley.
我明白你很沮丧,但这只是...
I understand your frustration, but it's just...
只是过程,雪莉 - 他是我所属政党的领袖
It's a process, Shirley. - He's the leader of my own party.
我是布鲁克林区的国会议员 他竟想分派我去农...
Congresswoman from Brooklyn, and he wants to put me on an--
这是年资问题
It's about seniority.
所以要等轮到我?
So wait my turn?
不是等,而是...
Not wait, but...
雪莉,这是你第一个任期
Shirley, it's your first term.
给点时间,你会成就大事的 - 给点时间?
Given time, you'll do great things. -"Given time"?
我真的这么相信 - 你想给理查尼克森时间
I believe that. I do. - You want to give Richard Nixon time.
怎样?
What?
怎样啦?
What?
你会想到办法适应的
You'll find a way to fit in.
(1971年12月)
麦克,很高兴见到你
Mac, good to see you.
雪莉
Shirley.
亚瑟
Arthur.
圣诞快乐 - 谢谢
Merry Christmas. - Thank you.
进来吧
Come in.
谢谢
Thank you.
雪莉,十月的时候
Shirley, in October,
你跟佛州的奇泽姆当选人委员会说
you told the Committee to Elect Chisholm in Florida
只要他们能募得五千美金
if they could raise $5,000,
你就会参加初选
that you would put your name on the primary ballot.
他们募到了将近一万美金
They raised almost 10,000.
他们募到款代表什么意思?
So what does that mean, that they raised money?
是啊,雪莉小姐
Yes, Miss Shirley.
这究竟代表什么意思?
What exactly does that mean?
我告诉那些女性朋友 只要她们募到款
Well, I told the women if they raised the money,
我就愿意接受提名
电影精选列表