[音乐响起]
Bill thinks I should run for president.
比尔觉得,我可以去竞选总统。
Oh, Bill thinks so, does he?
哦,比尔是这么认为的吗?
What? You think I'm too old?
怎么?你也觉得我老了?
Oh, you look 20 years younger than you are.
哦,你看起来,比实际年龄小20岁。
Your mind is sharp as attack.
你头脑犀利。
Well, you know I can't do this without your support.
你要知道,没有你的支持,我是做不到的。
You'll always have my support.
我永远支持你。
I know I can't just let you chop wood for the rest of your life.
我知道,我不能让你的余生,都在伐木。
Why not?
为什么不呢?
(LAUGHS)
[笑声]
I've actually been thinking about what
that preacher said by the book.
我一直在想,那个牧师一板正经地说过的话。
You thought he was a kook.
你认为他是个怪人。
Still do.
现在还认为。
But maybe he was onto something.
但也许,他说对了什么。
You just made me to save us.
“天生我才,必有用!”。
(MUSIC PLAYING) (SIGHS)
[音乐响起] [叹息声]
Good evening.
大家早上好。
(1976年,密苏里州堪萨斯城)
Tonight's showdown might be the
most thrilling convention we've ever seen.
今晚的对决,可能是我们见过的最激动人心的大会。
It's a true toss-up between the incumbent president
and a serious challenger from within his own party.
这是现任总统,和来自本党内部的有力挑战者之间,真正的决战。
Take pictures. He can talk to...
要拍照。他能和...谈
What?
什么?
Take pictures. If he can talk to Drew,
Pennsylvania might go our way.
拍照。如果他能和德鲁谈谈,宾州可能会对我们有利。
Okay. I heard James Baker had Pennsylvania locked for force.
好吧。我听说詹姆斯·贝克已经锁定了宾夕法尼亚州。
He said they're in play.
他说了,他们还正进行。
We lost Oregon.
我们输掉了俄勒冈州。
You have enough.
你还有足够的。
You know, Indiana,Florida, or Pennsylvania.
你知道,印第安纳州,佛罗里达州,或者宾夕法尼亚州。
(迈克尔.迪弗,竞选策划人)
They have to break our way.
他们不得不断了我们的路。
How about you?I think you need to change that hat.
你怎么样? 我觉得你该把“里根帽子”换了。
(詹姆斯.贝克,福特总统的竞选经理)
Here you go.Oh, that's gonna look good. I'll get rid of it.
这就对了。哦,看起来不错。把“里根旧帽子”交给我处理掉。
Okay. We may need to rethink that strategy.
好吧。我们可能需要重新考虑这一战略。
Indiana, Florida, Pennsylvania,I'll get Schweinker to connect
with Drew about Pennsylvania.I'll circle back to Ohio.
印第安纳州,佛罗里达州,宾夕法尼亚州,我会让施韦科联♥系♥德鲁
关于宾夕法尼亚州的事。我要返回俄亥俄州。
Okay. I will take Florida and Mike, why don't you go talk
with Rich and Marilyn about Indiana, okay?
好吧。我去佛罗里达,迈克,你为什么不去跟里奇和玛丽莲
谈谈印第安纳州的事,去谈谈好吗?
Hey, hey. We gotta win one for the gimber.
嘿,嘿。我们得为“老镢头”赢一场。
Huh? Come on!
呃?加油!
One, two, three!
一,二,三!
Ready? Ready, go!
加油?加油干吧!
For the next president of the United States,
California cast all 167 for Governor Raul Vega!
为了下届美国总统,加州将167张选票,全部投给了前州长,罗纳德.里根!
Thank you, California.
谢谢你,加利福尼亚。
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania cast 93 votes for Gerald Paul.
宾夕法尼亚州以93票,支持杰拉尔德·福特。
The West Virginia rally presents its vote.
西弗吉尼亚州的集♥会♥,展示了他们的选票。
On behalf of our party's candidate for the presidency,
为了选出代表我们党的总统候选人,
20 votes for Gerald R. Moore!
20张选票,投给杰拉德R.福特!
There is no defeat more bitter than a political defeat,
没有比政♥治♥上的失败,更痛苦的了,
especially if you think it is your last chance.
尤其是当你认为,这是你最后的机会了。
And right now I predict that the
American people are going to stay that night.
现在,我预测,美国人♥民♥将坚持下去,直到那个大选揭晓的晚上。
Jerry, you've done a good job. Keep right on doing it.
杰瑞,你做得很好。继续做下去。
Ford stole it, sir. He was handing out ambassadorships
and rides on Air Force One like candy to babies.
福特偷票了,先生。他把大使和“空军一号♥”的位子,像糖果一样分给“政♥治♥婴儿”。
Backstage politics.
“后台政♥治♥”。
Nah.
不。
What I really wanted, Mike, was to be the guy
who finally got to say "yet" to the Soviets.
迈克,我真正想要的,是成为那个,最终能对苏联人说“不”的人。
Guess where's the gun, Will?
威尔,猜猜“老镢头”往哪儿去?
Democrats and Republicans
presented a united front against us for 30 years,
30年来,民♥主♥党人和共和党人组成了反对我们的统一战线,
but we sensed an opportunity with the election of Jimmy Carter.
但我们从吉米·卡特的当选中,感觉到有了一个机会。
Then, in 1979, my worst fears began to take shape.
然后,在1979年,我最担心的事情开始出现。
It is a crisis of confidence.
这是一场信任危机。
Yes, Jimmy, it's a crisis of confidence, all right.
是的,吉米,这是信任危机,对吧。
Are you listening to this?
你在听吗?
We are the greatest country in the world
and we have just forgotten it.
我们是世界上最伟大的国家,我们只是忘记了这一点。
Like I didn't see this coming.
好像我没料到,会这样。
It's okay to say it, Ronnie.
说出来没关系,罗尼。
Okay, I'll say it.
好吧,我就说出来。
I want to run again.
我要在此竞选。
What do you think about that?
你觉得怎么样?
If I can do it all again.
如果我能重来一次。
The public scrutiny, the attacks on your character, all the lies.
公众的监督,对你人格的攻击,所有的谎言。
But mainly, I want you to be happy.
但最重要的是,我希望你快乐。
Well, you already made me the happiest man in the world.
你已经让我,成为世界上最幸福的男人了。
I've had to share you my whole
life, but that's what I signed up for.
我一生都不得不和你分享,但这是我的初衷。
And who I fell in love with.
和我爱上的人一起。
It's not over for you, Ronnie.
对你来说,还没结束呢,罗尼。
You know what you have to do.
你知道该怎么做。
And this time, we'll win it.
这一次,我们会赢的。
No, Mr. President, we don't have double digit
inflation because the people are living too well.
不,总统先生,我们没有两位数的通货膨胀,因为人♥民♥生活得太好了。
We have double digit inflation because government is living too well.
我们有两位数的通货膨胀,因为政♥府♥生活得太好了。
(1980年,俄亥俄州克利夫兰)
Our first priority must always be world peace.
我们的首要任务,必须始终是世界和平。
The use of force is always the last resort.
使用武力,永远是最后的手段。
These are the kind of elements of a national
health insurance important for the American people.
对于美国人♥民♥来说,这些都是善意的“国家健康保险”的重要组成部分。
Governor Reagan, again,typically, is against such a proposal.
而里根州长一如既往地,反对这样的提议。
There you go again.
你又来了。
Next Tuesday, you will all go to the polls and make a decision.
下周二,你们都要去投票,做出决定。
And when you make that decision,
I think it would be well to ask yourself,
当你做决定的时候,我认为你们,最好问问你自己,
are you better off than you were four years ago?
你比四年前,过得更好吗?
Is it easier to buy things in the store than it was four years ago?
现在,在商店购物,比四年前更容易吗?
Is there more or less unemployment in the country?
这个国家的失业率,是高还是低呢?
Is America as respected throughout the world?
美国在全世界,还依旧受到尊重吗?
Do you feel as safe?
你觉得安全吗?
Are we as strong as we were four years ago?
我们和四年前,一样强大吗?
If your answers are yes,
then I think it is obvious who you will vote for.
如果你的答案是肯定的,那么我想,很明显,你会投票给谁。
But if you don't agree,then may I suggest another choice?
但如果你不同意,我可以建议你,另做选择吗?
And will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend.
我将尽我所能,去坚守,去保护和去捍卫。
The Constitution of the United States.
美♥利♥坚♥合众国的宪法。
So help you God.
上帝保佑你。
So help me God.
上帝保佑我。
Congratulations, sir.
恭喜你,先生。
We will again be the exemplar of freedom and the
beacon of hope for those who do not now have freedom.
我们将再次成为自♥由♥的典范,为那些现在还没有自♥由♥的人,带来希望的灯塔。
As for the enemies of freedom, they will be reminded
that peace is the highest aspiration of the American people.
至于自♥由♥的敌人,我们将提醒他们,和平,是美国人♥民♥的最高愿望。
We will negotiate for it, sacrifice for it,
but we will not surrender for it now or ever.
我们会为它谈判,为它牺牲,但我们现在,不会为它投降,永远不会。
James Baker, Whipsar button 76 working for Ford,
now he's chief of staff.
詹姆斯.贝克,“低声下气的小按钮”,76年还为福特工作,现在当幕僚长了。
That's why he's chief of staff.
这就是为什么,他当幕僚长。
Ed, someone who agrees with you 80% of the time is an 80% friend,
艾德,如果有人,八成赞同你,他就是个“八成的朋友”,
not a 20% enemy.
而不是“二成的敌人”。
Mr. Speaker.
议长先生。
(“小滑头”托马斯.奥尼尔,民♥主♥党裔众议院议长)
Mr. President, congratulations.
总统先生,祝贺你。
Welcome to the pigs.
欢迎来到贝格斯酒店。
I'm glad you enjoyed
tonight because tomorrow we go to work.
我很高兴你今晚玩得开心,因为明天,我们就要工作了。
Well, I've been well briefed on you, Tiv.
I've been told I'd better get a pretty good head start.
我已经很了解你了,蒂芙。有人告诉我,我最好有一个很好的开始。
That's very Irish, have you?
这很有爱尔兰特色,你说呢?
Yes.
是的。
You plan on going 10 rounds every day.
That's how we do things here.
你计划每天喝10轮。这就是我们做事的方式。
All right. Just remember, every day has a 6 p.m.
好吧。记住,每天下午6点后。
What do you mean by that, sir?
你这话,是什么意思,先生?
Well, after six, we're not political
enemies. We're just two Irishmen having beer.
六点中过后,我们就不是政敌了。我们只是两个喝啤酒的爱尔兰人。
A deal.
电影精选列表