How's my son?
儿子,你这是怎么了?
I lost a child. Marriage, a career. How do you think your boy is?
我失去了一个孩子。婚姻,事业。你觉得,你儿子会怎么样?
You know, Nellie,
I think I kind of missed the boat on that whole purpose thing.
你知道吗,内莉,我觉得,我几乎错过了达到人生目标的航船。
Maybe I'll just jack all over again.
也许,我会再来一遍。
No, Dutch. You're not your father.
不,“荷兰仔”。你不是你爹。
Just remember to listen to that
small, soft voice, the one that you can't hear,
只要记住,去倾听那个微小而柔和的声音,那个你听不到的声音,
unless you're alone and quiet, and he has your full attention.
除非你独自一人,安静地,而他 会占据了你全部的注意力。
Remember who you are, and whom you serve.
你要记住,你是谁,你为谁服务。
Yes, Sandy?
什么事,桑蒂?
Can you give an actress five minutes?
你能和这位女演员,谈五分钟吗?
Of course.
当然可以。
Miss Davis?
戴维斯小姐?
Hello. I'm Nancy Davis.
你好。我是南希.戴维斯。
Hello, Nancy Davis. I'm Ron Reagan.
你好,南希.戴维斯。我就是罗恩.里根。
Yes, I know.
是的,我知道。
How about a cup of coffee?
来杯咖啡怎么样?
Oh, sure.
哦,当然可以。
Have a seat.
请坐。
I'm afraid I've been a pest to your
secretary, but I persist when it's important.
恐怕,我一直让你的秘书很讨厌,但我是“无事不登三宝殿”。
Cream, sugar?
加奶油,还是加方糖?
Oh, well, sure. I'm black.
都可以。还是纯咖啡吧。
Oh. Well, how can I help you, Nancy Davis?
哦。我能帮你什么忙吗,南希·戴维斯?
Well, I'm listed as a signer on a letter of support for two
communist sympathizers, but I never signed any such letter.
一封支持两名“共♥产♥主义同情者”的信上,有我的签名,但我从来未签过这样的名。
There's another Nancy Davis.
还有另一个叫同样名的“南茜.戴维斯”。
Oh, I see. Well, the easiest thing to do is just
change your name, and it happens all the time in Hollywood.
哦,我明白了。最简单的办法就是改名字,这在好莱坞屡见不鲜。
Oh, no. No, I cannot do that. No. My
name is very important to me. It's my family.
哦,不。不,我不能那样做。不。我的名字对我来说很重要。这是我的家人。
Oh, of course. And family's important.
哦,当然。家庭很重要。
Yes.
是的。
Very important.
非常重要。
So, I guess there's only one thing left to do, and that
is to launch an exhaustive and detailed investigation.
所以,我想我们只剩下一件事要做了,那就是展开一次详尽的调查。
Well, of course,I've retained an attorney.
当然了,我已经邀约了一位律师。
Oh, there won't be any need for that.
We can knock this out over dinner.
哦,那就没必要了。我们可以边吃晚餐边聊。
Excuse me?
对不起?
Yes. We can discuss it then, but I can't be late. I,
yes. I have a movie studio called tomorrow morning.
那我们到时候再谈吧,但我不能迟到,正好明早,有个摄影棚打电♥话♥约我拍戏。
Oh, well, I'll have to check my date book.
哦,好吧,我得查一下我的记事本。
Goodie.
全靠这个了。
Yes.
好的。
Yes. Um...
是的。嗯...
Well, well, I think I can manage it, but I have an early call too.
好吧,好吧,我想我能应付得来,但我也要早起,开工拍戏。
Well, then it's a date.
好吧,那就定下来吧。
Yes. Okay.
好的。没问题。
Okay.
好的。
Goodbye for now.
那就再见了。
Goodbye, Taylor.
再见,泰勒。
Okay, Poppy. Thanks.I'm gonna take care of that.
好的,波比。谢谢。我会点菜的。
Well, it looks like we've shut the place down.
看来,我们一来,把这地方的生意给“搅黄”了。
Yes, we did here.
好的,我们就在这儿谈吧。
Thank you, Joseph.
谢谢你,约瑟夫。
Miss Davis, I'm gonna get on this first thing in
the morning, and I'll make all the calls myself.
戴维斯小姐,我明天一早就去办这件事,所有的电♥话♥,都由我来打。
Your name will be off that list.
你的名字,将会从那名单中去除。
-Just like that.-Just like that.
-那么简单。 -就像这样。
So, um, when you're not acting or being SAG president,
what do you like to do with your time, Mr. Reagan?
那么,当你不演戏或不做“演员公会”主席的时候,你喜欢做什么呢,里根先生?
I like the outdoors.
我喜欢户外运动。
Mm-hmm.
嗯,嗯。
I play golf.
我喜欢打高尔夫。
And I love riding horses.
我还喜欢骑马。
No.
不会吧。
Yes. Do you ride?
是的。你喜欢骑马?
Sure, I do.
我当然喜欢。
You do?
你也喜欢?
Well, there's nothing like a relationship with a horse, is there?
没什么比和马谈恋爱更好的了,不是吗?
They're beautiful animals.
它们是美丽的动物。
Mm-hmm.
(加利福尼亚州,马里布)
You look good on the horse.
你在马背上,看着真不错。
Oh, thank you.
哦,谢谢你。
I have a confession to make.
我要坦白一件事。
Oh, what's that?
哦,是什么?
I don't ride horses.
我其实不会骑马。
Really?
真的?
You could have fooled me.
你差点儿就“蒙骗”了我。
Well, it's beautiful up here.
嗯,这里很美。
Yes, it is.
是的,真美。
I grew up a million miles from L.A.
我在离洛杉矶十万八千里的地方长大。
Yes, you know, I did my first location shoot here, in fact.
是的,你知道吗?事实上,我的第一次外景拍摄,就是在这里。
Really?
真的?
Yes.
是的。
I jumped on the back of that horse, looked
around at all this, and said, "Well, I'm in heaven."
我跳上马背,环顾四周,说:“好吧,我现在天堂了。”
Oh.
哦。
Yeah.
是的。
It's heaven.
这是天堂。
You know why?
你知道,为什么吗?
I have a confession to make of my own, Nancy.
我也要坦白一件事,南希。
Uh, I'm what you call damaged goods.
我就是,人们所说的“残次品”。
Now, I'm divorced, I got kids,
I haven't had a decent role in years.
现在我离婚了,有了孩子,有好多年,没演过正经角色了。
I'm just about broke.
我快破产了。
How's that for a cup one?
听了这,感觉如何?
We're all damaged goods, Ronnie.
我们都是残次品,罗尼。
What's next for you?
下一步,你打算怎么样?
I mean, what do you want out of this life?
我是说,你想要什么样的生活?
I don't know.
我还没想。
I used to have big ambitions, dreams.
我曾经有很大的抱负和梦想。
Now I... I don't know,
I just want to do something good in this world.
现在我…我不知道,我只想为这个世界做点好事。
Make a difference.
有所作为。
I think you've done that.
我想,你已经做到了。
I like to make a difference, too.
我也想有所作为。
But I have figured something out, Ronnie.
但我现在,发现了一些事情,罗尼。
What's that?
什么事情?
It's really hard to make a difference in this life.
这辈子真的很难有所作为。
When you have to do it alone.
当你不得不独自面对的时候。
Are you sure you want to go?
你确定要去吗?
Do you know, this is not exactly an Academy of work stuff.
你知道吗,我这可不是什么能拿“学院奖”的工作。
(奥斯卡奖也叫“美国电影艺术科学学院奖”)
Well, you know we don't like to be
apart, and I love to watch my husband work.
你知道,我们不喜欢分开,我也喜欢,看我丈夫工作。
I know, he works work.
我知道,他就是一“打工的”。
Bye, Patty. Mr.Rankin, your agent's on the line.
再见,帕蒂。兰金先生,你的经纪人来电♥话♥了。
Look, Lou, if I go out there, my career, it's...
听着,卢,如果我出去,我的事业...
It's dead.
就完了。
Lou, listen to me.
卢,听我说。
I'm not going out there.
我不会出去的。
It is half-blue ribbon time.
现在是“半蓝带啤酒”时间。
What do you have?
你有什么?
I'll have a half-blue ribbon.
我将有一个“半蓝带啤酒”。
I'll take a half-sponzo.
那我就拿半块海绵。
Oh, yeah.
哦,是的。
Looks like it's been time for bonzo, folks.
亲们,把时间交给邦佐。
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen,
and now the half-blue ribbon dancers.
谢谢,女士们先生们,现在有请“半蓝带”舞者。
Ladies, we happen to have an extra smoke for a clown.
姑娘们,谁正好有多余的烟卷,赏给这个小丑抽一口吧。
Thank you.
谢谢。
This season, I'm sending all my friends Chester Fields.
这个季节,我要把切斯特·菲尔兹香烟,送给我所有的朋友。
Meanwhile, his career as movie star continued to fade.
与此同时,他作为电影明星的职业生涯,继续在衰退。
Wow, I could have had a V8.
哇,我应该来杯V8果汁。
Oh, Ronnie, that's a super smooth shave.
罗尼,刮得真“顺溜”啊。
That's because I used Gillette.
电影精选列表