不是。
We're canvassing the neighborhood, and I'm running for governor,
and I would like your vote.
我们在附近拜票,我要竞选州长,希望你投我一票。
Of course. Of course.
当然。当然。
Now I'm embarrassed. I forgot your name.
真不好意思。我忘了你的姓名。
Do his initials help, R.R.?
请记住他的首字母,行吗?R.R.
[gasps]
[惊叹声]
Eddie! Roy Rogers is here!
艾迪! 罗伊·罗杰斯来了!
(以演牛仔出名的男影星,还出唱片)
And he's running for governor!
而他要竞选州长啦!
(1966年,加州,洛杉矶)
He was on the U.S. stage now, but my
colleague still refused to take him seriously.
他现在登上了美国的政坛,但我的同事仍然拒绝把他当回事。
After all, is it?
不就是个演员,对吗?
What could state governor do to us?
当上州长,有能把我们苏联怎么样?
[applause]
[掌声]
(1969年,加州,萨卡拉门托,州政♥府♥所在地)
The police are overburdened. There's just too many of them.
警♥察♥负担过重。他们的人太多了。
Where are these kids' parents?
这些孩子的家长,都在哪里?
They're not all students. Most of the agitators,
they don't even know what they're protesting.
他们不都是学生。大多数煽动者,他们甚至不知道他们在抗♥议♥什么。
They're just doing it to do it, and they're getting outside help.
他们只是为了做这件事,他们正在寻求外界的帮助。
(艾德.米斯,州长幕僚长)
They've issued a new set of demands.
他们提出了一系列新的要求。
(比尔“法官”.克拉克,执行州务卿)
Of course they have.
他们当然会有的。
They want you to present them to a person.
他们想让你,把“一个人”展现给他们。
The National Guard, they're on standby.
They can be on site within an hour.
国民警卫队,他们随时待命。他们可以在一小时内赶到现场。
That's going federal.There's going federal ramifications for that.
Communities,schools, especially the press.
这要通过联邦。这将涉及联邦分支机构。还要与社区,学校,尤其是媒体沟通。
They want to talk. Let's go talk.
他们想要对话。那咱们就去和他们谈谈。
(1969年五月15日,加州,伯克利)
Governor Reagan! Make love, not war!
里根州长!我们要做♥爱♥,不要作战!
But it looks like him.He can't do either right now.
形势对他来说,就像是,他此刻什么都做不了。
Bill's going to meet us inside.
比尔会在里面和我们碰面。
Just lead the way.
头前带路。
Please, go! Please, go!
请走开吧!请走开吧!
We want to hear you speak openly
about this to the state of California.
我们希望听到,你对加州政♥府♥公开谈论这件事。
Well, what do you think I'm doing here?
那你以为我在这里干什么?
If you would come out against a
police escalation, they might listen.
如果你站出来,反对警♥察♥升级事态,他们可能会听你的。
When did you ever stand up in front
of your students and beg them not to do this?
你什么时候,站在你的学生面前,求他们不要这样做了?
They told you that they were going to destroy the university
学生们告诉你,他们要摧毁这所大学,
and you sought to go ahead with this construction.
而你却巴不得,继续进行这项“施工”。
But they offered to negotiate.
但他们表示,愿意谈判了。
Negotiate what?
谈什么?
All this happened, professor.
这一切都发生了,教授。
The very first time that some of
you who are old enough to know better
你们中的一些年纪足够大的人,应该更清楚,在第一时间
let students think that they had the right
to choose which laws they were going to obey
让学生们思考,他们有权选择,他们要遵守哪个法律,
as long as it was done in the name of social protest.
只要它是以“社会抗♥议♥”的名义下进行的。
I've had it.
我受够了。
I call it the National Guard.
我称之为“国民警卫队”。
(crowd cheering)
[人群欢呼声]
Shh!
嘘!
(crowd laughing)
[人群中笑声]
The protesters pushed him hard, but pushed them harder.
抗♥议♥者对他施压,但对他们的施压力度更大。
He was controversial governor,
but limited in what he could accomplish,
他是一个有争议的州长,但他能做的事情有限,
at least as far as the things he cared most about, like us.
至少在他最关心的事情上,比如我们苏联。
He enraged many sympathetic to our calls,
他激怒了许多,对我们的号♥召表示赞同的人,
but he also inspired many fanatics who would go
to great lengths to get the glimpse of their hero.
但他也激发了许多反♥共♥狂热分子,他们会竭尽全力,去看一眼他们的英雄。
Come on.
看呐。
Who's this?
这是什么?
Young man, why are you in my yard?
年轻人,你为什么在我的院子里?
Hey, Mrs. Gump, I'm Dana.
嘿,“老镢头”夫人,我是达纳。
I'm head writer for Youth for Reagan, and they're shutting us down.
我是“里根青年后援会”的首席撰稿人,他们要关闭我们的组织。
I just want five minutes for the gun.
我只想和“老镢头”谈5分钟。
Oh, for heaven's sake.
哦,看在上帝的份儿上。
No, I'll be respectful.
不,我会很恭敬的。
Scouts on. I won't swear or
throw anything, and I don't burn buildings.
我还是童子军。我不会说脏话,也不会扔东西,我也不会烧房♥子。
No, the problem is,
is that the governor is on a very tight schedule,
不,问题是,州长的日程排得很紧,
and he won't give you five minutes.
他连五分钟,都不会给你的。
He'll give you an hour.
他会给你一个小时。
Sweet!
太可爱了!
No, it's not sweet. You need to go home.
不,不可爱。你要回家去。
Please, just call the office, and
I'll make sure you get an appointment, okay?
请你给他办公室打个电♥话♥,我会帮你预约的,好吗?
Ready? Is everything all right?
好了吗? 怎么了?
There you go.
你来了。
These young people spent the night in our yard.
这些年轻人要在我们的院子里过夜。
I just want to talk five minutes.
我只想聊五分钟。
Well, you look tired.How about a cup of coffee?
嗯,你看起来很累。来杯咖啡怎么样?
Oh, yeah, it is.
哦耶,果不其然。
Thank you. I'm sorry. I mean, go.
谢谢你!我很抱歉。我是说,我还是走吧。
So the politician says,"Well, what did I do to deserve this?"
于是政♥治♥家说:“我到底做了什么,要受到这样的惩罚?”
St. Peter said, "Well, we didn't know what to do with you
because you're the first politician we've had up here."
圣彼得说:“嗯,我们不知道,该拿你怎么办,因为你是我们这里的第一位政♥治♥家。”
Nellie had been gone for a decade,
内莉已经走了十年了,
but the crusader managed to find
others who shared her fundamentalist beliefs.
但这位“十字军战士”设法找到了,其他和内莉有同样原教旨主义信仰的人。
And one evening,our surveillance picked up
one of the strangest exchanges I ever heard,
一天晚上,我们的监控录到了,我听过的最奇怪的对话之一,
involving a pop star,a preacher, and a prophecy.
涉及一个流行歌♥星,一个传教士和一个预言。
(帕特.伯恩 乔治.奥蒂斯牧师)
If you continue to walk uprightly before me,
如果你继续在我面前,笔直地走,
you will dwell at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
你就会住在宾夕法尼亚大道1600号♥。
(白宫的门牌号♥码)
Amen.
阿门
(COUGHS)
[干咳声]
Well, there is something.
那么,我还有些事情。
All right, well, we should probably head out.
好了,我们该走了。
Yes, yes. Thank you, Governor.
是的,是的。谢谢你,州长。
Thank you for coming.
感谢光临。
You can't possibly believe this.
你不会相信这个的。
Doesn't matter if I believe it.
我信不信,不重要。
Did he believe it?
他相信吗?
Who knows?
有谁知道呢?
(SIGHS)
(加利福尼亚州,圣伊内斯山,1974年)
(MUSIC PLAYING)
[音乐演奏]
Well, Bill, there she is.
你看,比尔,这就是“她”。
688 acres and all.
共有688英亩。
That sounds about enough.
感觉足够了。
How much are they asking?
他们要多少钱?
Too much for an honest politician.
对于一个诚实的政♥治♥家,实在开价太高了。
Well, it's nothing like stomping around in your own piece of dirt,
那么,这一点也不像在自己的泥土里跺脚,
work and sweat.
要付出劳动和汗水。
Think about your next move.
考虑你的下一步目标吧。
(CHUCKLES)
[轻笑声]
Next move.
下一目标。
No, Détente, unfortunately, won't last.
不,不幸的是,缓和局势不会持续太久。
The Soviets, they're here to stay.
苏联人,他们会来这儿住下的。
There's nothing a retired governor can do about the Soviets.
一个退休的州长,对苏联人无能为力。
Well, you got a point. Not much.
嗯,你说的有道理。但并不充分。
But a president.
但一个总统可以。
Now, he can do a thing or two.
现在,只有他,还能做一、两件事。
(CHUCKLES)
[笑声]
(MUSIC PLAYING)
[音乐演奏]
So, multiply that by a million, double that,
and that's only the surface of how deep it really is.
所以,把它乘以一百万,再乘以一倍,这只是它的表面深度。
It being my love for you,I really love you much more than that.
这是我对你的爱,我对你的爱远不止于此。
I-T-W-W-W.
In the whole wide world.
在整个广阔的世界里。
Reminds me of one of your old movies.
让我想起你演的一部老电影。
I should have Paris all in Minshuler.
我应该把巴黎的一切,都带到明舒勒来。
Well, Nancy Pence, I can roll back and get you one.
南希·彭斯,我可以倒回去,再给你演一遍。
(LAUGHS)
[笑声]
(MUSIC PLAYING)
电影精选列表