But with some guidance, you could be like one of them.
但在一些指导下,你可以成为他们中的一员。
Well, unless you wanna work all your life for a pittance,covered in shit and black smoke.
除非,你想为微薄的收入工作一辈子,满身是垃圾和黑烟。
I'm a blacksmith.
我是一个铁匠。
I'm fine.
我很好。
Then why did you cross that rope?
那你为什么要,跨过那根围绳?
It's in your blood.
这是你的天性。
Eh?
呃?
Now, you come and see me.
现在,你来找我。
And I'll put you at the top of that cliff.
我会让你成为,那只在悬崖顶筑巢的海鸥。
[grunts]
[咕哝声]
[音乐声]
JEM: Grandad?
杰姆:外公?
Grandad?
外公?
Pass me that bottle, boy.
小子,把那个瓶子递给我。
[grunts]
[咕哝声]
You're going to be a great fighter.
你会成为一名伟大的斗士。
Listen to Bill Warr.
你要听比尔.瓦尔的教导。
[coughs]
[咳嗽声]
Did he guide you?
他说服你了吗?
[coughs]
[咳嗽声]
As far as he could.
他费尽了口舌。
Oh, he was not a good listener like you are.
他不像你那么善于倾听。
How did you end up like this?
你就这样了却一生?
We are born alone.
我们生来就是孤独的。
And we die alone.
我们也将孤独地死去。
But you're not alone.
但你并不孤单。
I'm here.
这里有我呢。
Every man is alone, Jem.
每个人都是孤独的,杰姆。
It's up to you now...you're the man of the house.
现在由你来决定…你是这家的男人。
You're the one that would put bread on the table.
你要为全家提供面包。
Don't worry about me.
不要担心我。
I'll be good.
我会好的。
I'll be good, good.
我会好的,会好的。
[音乐声]
[breathes shakily]
[颤抖的呼吸声]
MARY: Have compassion and thy mercy on my father's soul.
玛丽:请宽恕和怜悯我父亲的灵魂。
Forgive him, his sins...
原谅他吧,原谅他的原罪...
and grant that we may see him...
并愿我们,在上帝赐予给我们的...
in the joy of eternal brightness...
永恒的光明快乐中...
that is Christ the Lord.
看到他。
[音乐声]
BILL: Now, look, all talent can be natural.
比尔:听着,所有的天才,都是天生的。
But control needs to be learned.
但要学会控制。
And this is the place you'll learn control.
这是你学会控制的地方。
[sniffs]
[吸鼻子声]
But before we go there,you need to know what brought you here.
但在那之前,你得知道,是什么让你来这里的。
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Well, your blood.
是你的天性。
Your great grandfather was James Figg.
你的曾外祖父是,詹姆斯·费格。
You know, the father of tactical fighting.
战术格斗之父。
[scoffs] You got some of the best pugs
[嘲笑声]你的血管里流淌着一些
pumpin' through your veins, boy.
最好的斗犬的血性,孩子。
Now, Jack...
现在,杰克...
he was a monstrous hitter. Had a jaw like a fucking rock.
他是个可怕的拳击手。他的下巴像石头一样硬。
You know, but he wouldn't train.
你也知道,他没有受过训练。
Had no discipline.
他没有自♥制♥力。
But the best thing was crowds fuckin' loved him.
但最棒的是,大家都很喜欢他。
He was hardly a bev.
他算不上一头牛。
Thank God, you've got your mother's looks, you know?
谢天谢地,你长得像你妈妈,知道吗?
[grunts softly]
[轻声地咕哝着]
What do looks have to do with fightin'?
长什么样,和拳击手有什么关系?
[chuckles]
[笑声]
You'll soon find out.
你很快就明白了。
[grunts softly]
[轻声地咕哝着]
Jack, he... he used to like gettin' hit, you know?
杰克,他…他以前喜欢被打,你知道吗?
He'd stop a punch with his face. He loved it.
他会用脸,挡住别人的拳头。他很喜欢这样。
It ain't no good for your appearance,and it ain't no fuckin' good for your noggin.
这对你的外表没有好处,对你的脑袋也没有好处。
I don't wanna end up the way he did.
我不想落得他那样的下场。
He was a grumpy old bastard, but...
他是个脾气坏的混♥蛋♥,但是...
No, you'll be all right as long as you learn control.
不,只要你学会控制,你就不会像他那样。
All right?
行了吗?
Now, show me your stance.
现在,让我看看你的姿势。
The way you stand.
你站立的方式。
Why don't you get a little bit on the balls of your feet?
你为什么不掂起脚跟呢?
That's it. Put your arms up. Good. Turn a bit.
就是这样。举起你的手臂。好。稍微转一下。
Lovely.
很可爱。
That's it. Look me in the eyes.
就这样,看着我的眼睛。
You see, there's something weird.
你看,这有点奇怪。
You see my hands.
你看我的双手。
You see my feet. Don't look down.
你看我的脚。不要往下看。
Do you see my feet?
你看我的双脚了吗?
Yeah. You see, the eyes are the windows to a man's soul.
是的。你看,眼睛是人心灵的窗户。
You can read him.
你可以读懂对手。
He's ain't no good without this.
他不用这个,他就不行了。
You can't rely on natural ability alone.
你不能只依靠天生的能力。
Boxing's an art. It's a craft.
拳击是一门艺术。这是一门手艺。
Boxers like, um... like writers, they stand alone.
拳击手,嗯……就像作家一样,他们是独♥立♥的。
What happened to you?
你怎么了?
Well...
哦...
[scoffs]
[嘲笑声]
Ah, well, you don't get thick grubs like these from just working in the mill, do ya?
啊,好吧,你不会因为在磨坊里工作,而得到这么厚的茧子,对吧?
Thirty-one pugs, unbeaten...
我和31个斗犬交过手,未曾输过...
until Mendoza.
直到碰见门多萨。
You fought Daniel Mendoza?
你和丹尼尔·门多萨打过?
Yeah.
是的。
Daniel fuckin' Mendoza.
该死的丹尼尔.门多萨。
Anyway, that's a story for another time.
不管怎样,这是另一个故事了。
Where's your hand?
你的手呢?
Right. All I want you to do...
没错,我正是要你这么做...
is slip and move.
只是移♥动♥和躲闪。
Without my hands?
不用我的手吗?
Yeah.
是的。
That's stupid.
那太愚蠢了。
- Yeah. - [groans]
-是的。 -[呻♥吟♥声]
Then why am I doing it?
那我为什么,要这么做?
Because I'm in charge.
因为我说了算。
And you need to learn to fight without your hands.
你得学会不用手打架。
You shouldn't have any problem duckin' out the way of an old man like me now, should ya?
你现在应该不会有任何问题,躲开像我这样的老人,对吧?
[Jem groans]
[杰姆呻♥吟♥声]
What? Now, move. Don't get hit.
怎么啦?现在,躲闪。不要被击中。
[grunts]
[吼声]
That's it. Duck and move.
就是这样。蹲下,移♥动♥。
Move, move.
移♥动♥,移♥动♥。
[grunts]
[咕哝声]
Beautiful.
漂亮。
That's it. Shoulders.
注意。肩膀。
Watch, square on me. Don't be squared off.
看着,正对着我。不要摆架子。
Lovely. Lovely, lovely, lovely.
很好,很好。
[grunts]
[咕哝声]
[音乐声]
[Jem scoffs]
[杰姆冷笑声]
When do we leave?
你什么时候动身?
Ooh! Hold your horses.
喔!先别急。
Invitations are sent out all the time to up-and-coming fighters,you know, for an easy win.
挑战书一直在向有前途的选手发出,你知道,为了轻松取胜。
I mean, the champion's tough and he's unbeaten.
我是说,冠军很强悍,而且他是不败的。
And he's a dirty fighter.
而且,他会耍花招儿。
I don't care. I'm ready.
我不介意。我有准备。
- I'll do whatever it takes. - Well, he ain't no pug.
-我会不惜一切代价。 -他不是一只普通的斗犬。
He's a champion.
他是冠军。
What's the purse?
奖金怎么样?
- One hundred. - [chuckles softly]
-一百先令。 -[温柔地笑了]
Right. Listen. This is how it's gonna work.
没错。听好了,事情是这样的。
电影精选列表