嗯,这可能是郊区
Well, it may be the boonies,
但我们知道如何好好生活
but we know how to live well.
你对我们的旗舰店有什么了解?
What have you learned about our flagship store?
额,嗯…
Uh, well...
士气低落得令人难以置信
morale is incredibly low.
但是有一个特别的员工
But there is this exceptional employee.
她叫玛丽亚·梅尔卡多
Her name is Maria Mercado.
她…
She's...
她很积极
she's motivated,
她很负责
she's responsible,
她…
she's...
老实说,想要商店经理的一切
honestly, everything you want in a store manager.
然后…
And...
我知道泰德是你的侄子
look, I know that Ted is your nephew--
泰德是个白♥痴♥
Ted's an idiot,
但他是家人
but he's family.
我们会给他找别的工作的
We'll find something else for him.
恕我直言,夫人
Will all due respect, ma'am,
这是一个比雪松瀑布大得多的问题
it's a much bigger issue than Cedar Falls.
当我走进百来特
When I walk into BuyRite,
回到旧金山
back in San Francisco,
我感觉好像又回到了80年代
I feel like I'm walking back into the '80s.
公♥司♥需要一次严肃的更新
The company needs a serious update.
它需要新的系统
It needs new systems,
新的营销
new marketing,
它
it--
情况怎么会变得这么糟?
How did it get this bad?
我丈夫并不总是信任巴克
My husband didn't always trust Buck very much.
但他尊重伊丽莎白
But he respected Elizabeth.
她懂得生意
She understood the business,
分享他的愿望
shared his desire
为了里斯和内特有一天能运营它
for Rhys and Nate to run it one day.
她死后
After she died,
一切都崩溃了
it all fell apart.
让孩子们来帮忙
Having the boys here helps,
但是内特…
but Nate is...
就像他爸爸一样
like his dad.
如果有人帮他,他总是能做得更好
He always does better if he has someone to--
帮他看清大局?
help him see the big picture?
并不总是容易的
It isn't always easy
满足家庭的期望
meeting up to family expectations,
但是…
but...
你和内特会是一个有效的团队
you and Nate would make an effective team.
如果这是你真正想要的
If that's what you really want.
你要见我?
You wanted to see me?
我听说你一直在帮莱利了解情况
I hear you've been helping Riley get the lay of the land.
哦,是的,确实如此
Oh, yes, indeed.
她想尽可能多地了解百来特
She wants to learn as much as possible about BuyRite.
哦,我想她会的
Oh, I bet she does.
现在,听着
Now, listen.
我需要你帮我做件事
I need you to do something for me.
如果你能做到,对我们俩都有好处,对吧?
If you deliver,it could be good for the both of us, hmm?
来吧
Come on.
这么说,你想绕过巴克
So, you want to go around Buck
然后让菲批准你的计划?
and get Faye to approve your plans?
他被说服了
He is convinced
我在假装喜欢内特
that I'm pretending to like Nate
这样我就可以进入行政套房♥了
so I can maneuver my way into the executive suite.
是的,我知道它看起来像那样
Yeah, I know it looks like that,
但我们都知道不是那样的
but we both know it's not.
你在哪里?
Where are you?
在商店里
At the store.
闹钟响了
The alarm went off.
玛丽亚说鸟儿一直在触发传感器
Maria said that birds have been triggering the sensor thing,
所以我告诉内特我会去看看
so I told Nate that I'd check it out.
你知道,你可以回家的
You can come home, you know.
你不需要证明什么
You don't have anything to prove.
不,不是这样的
No, that's not it.
我只需要向菲证明我知道我在做什么
I just need to prove to Faye that I know what I'm doing.
都锁起来了,史密斯小姐
It's all locked up, Miss Smith.
很好
Great.
另外,一旦我们让雪松瀑布镇重新运转起来
Plus, once we get Cedar Falls up and running,
我们可以把它作为一个全国性的模式
we can use it as a nation-wide model.
你明白吗?
you know?
还有这个销♥售♥助理,玛丽亚·梅尔卡多?
And this sales associate, Maria Mercado?
她太不可思议了
She's incredible.
她很年轻,很敬业
She's young, she's dedicated.
她是公♥司♥未来的完美形象
She's the perfect image for the future of the company.
也许你应该站在我身后
Maybe you should get behind me.
我… 我得走了
I... I gotta go.
我对此感到很难过
I feel awful about this.
给你
Here you go.
哦,谢谢
Oh, gracias.
晚安 -你也是
Have a good night. -You too.
谢谢
Thanks.
我从高中就开始在百来特工作了
I started working at BuyRite since high school.
我本来打算上社区大学
I was planning to go to community college,
但后来我怀上了阿玛利亚
but then I got pregnant with Amalia.
你休产假了吗?
Did you take maternity leave?
我们不让有孕妇
We don't get maternity.
他们说我可以领两周的无薪假
They said I could take two weeks unpaid.
什么? -嗯哼
What? -Mm-hmm.
再多的话
Any more than that,
他们会炒了我
they'd fire me.
所以我花了两个星期
So I took two weeks.
你有家人可以帮忙吗,或者?
Do you have any, like, family that could help out, or?
嗯,我们一直和我妈妈住在一起
Um, we'd been living with my mom,
但她几个月前去世了
but she died a few months ago.
我付不起房♥租
I just couldn't keep up with rent,
所以房♥东把我们赶了出去
so the landlord threw us out.
我只是
I just--
我工作的时候不能把阿玛利亚留在收♥容♥所♥
I couldn't leave Amalia in a shelter while I worked.
是的,当然
Yeah, of course.
于是我们搬进了商店里
So we moved into the store.
但这从来没有影响到我的工作
And it never affected my job.
这不会影响我的工作
It never affected my job.
我有一个非常非常好的邻居,白天会照顾她
I had a really, really nice neighbor who would watch her during the day.
我会加班,这样我就可以关门了
And I would work overtime so I could close up.
玛丽亚,你有没有想过…
Maria, have you ever thought about...
你知道,申请当经理?
you know, applying to be a manager?
你太棒了
You're so good.
它…
It...
你只需要一个大学学位
You just need a college degree.
莱利…
Riley...
我要和你分享我妈妈最喜欢的一句话
I'm gonna share with you what my mom's favorite saying was.
你可以给山羊穿上蕾丝,
You can dress a goat in lace,
但你不能用母猪的耳朵做一个丝绸钱包
but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
那么,她的意思是…
So, what she meant was...
…别试图成为别人,亲爱的
...don't try and be something you're not, mi hija.
不要把目标定得太高
Don't aim too high.
我曾为她做过这样的梦
I had such dreams for her.
我从没想过我们会变成这样
I just never thought that we would end up like this.
你好 你能告诉里斯我要尽快和他谈谈吗?
Hi. Can you tell Rhys I need to talk to him ASAP?
谢谢
Thanks.
妈妈,爸爸
Mom, Dad.
嘿,怎么了?
Hey, what's up?
你结婚了?
You got married?
额,你们怎么听到的?
Uh, how did you hear that?
琼阿姨给我们发了一个链接
Aunt Joan sent us a link.
她住在商店里?
She was living in the store?
电影精选列表