I didn't serve him well.
这就是为什么在我升职后
Which was why, when I was promoted,
我做的第一件事就是找到约翰
one of the first things I did was find John
问他是否愿意今天来和你们谈谈 约翰
and ask him if he would speak to you today. John.
好的 谢谢大家今天邀请我来
OK. Thanks for having me here today.
这对我来说是一个非常紧张的活动
Um, obviously, this is a very nerve racking event for me.
去他妈的条子
Fuck the police!
约翰
John.
有时候我说的话很好笑 连我自己都会笑
Sometimes what I say is funny, and I even laugh myself
但这并非取笑
but that's very different to actively teasing,
嘲弄 或鼓励别人说脏话 是完全不同的
or mocking, or encouraging people to swear.
每个患有妥瑞氏症的人都是不同的
Everyone who lives with Tourette's is different.
我们有自己的症状 抽动和行为
We've got our own symptoms and tics and behaviours.
抽动是随机的 可以是发声性抽动或运动性的
A tic can be anything. It can be a vocal tic or a motor...
像那样的发声性抽动 或者我们可能有眨眼
A vocal tic like that. Or we can have eye blinking,
或者人们有时会翻白眼 像那样
or people roll their eyes sometimes, like that.
关于妥瑞氏症 我们很少谈论的一点是
One of the things we don't talk about with Tourette's
焦虑 或強迫症
is the anxiety, or the obsessive compulsive disorder,
试图假装一切正常所带来的疲惫
the exhaustion from trying to pretend nothing is wrong,
试图抑制抽动所带来的疲惫
from trying to suppress the tics.
想象一下试图忍♥住一千个要打出来的大喷嚏
Now, imagine trying to hold in a thousand big sneezes.
你可以坚持一会儿 但然后会发生什么?
You can do it for a while, but then what happens?
你会爆发 -你会爆发 回答得好
You'll explode. -You explode. Good answer.
比如说 你怎么应对
How do you manage, for example,
如果你必须去图书馆?
if you've got to go to a library?
那对我来说简直是噩梦 我不能去图书馆
That's a nightmare for me. I can't go to a library.
我很想去 但那里太安静了
I'd love to, um, but it's too quiet.
不要理会抽动 不要和抽动对话 忽略它们就好
Don't engage in a conversation with the tics, just ignore them.
那个侮辱你的人本身并没有错
The person insulting you is guilty of nothing.
他们需要支持和理解
They need support and understanding.
谢谢大家今天听我讲
Thanks for listening to me today.
我希望你们对妥瑞氏症有了一些了解
I hope you've learnt something about Tourette's.
感谢各位
And, yeah, thank you.
谢谢
Cheers.
漂亮的解说
That was good.
邮件 干♥你♥妈♥的邮件
Post! Fucking post time.
早上好 戴维森 -多蒂 多蒂
Morning, Davidson. -Dottie. Dottie.
怎么了?
What's wrong?
约翰·戴维森先生
Mr John Davidson,
为妥瑞氏症患者提供的服务
for services to those with Tourette's syndrome.
恭喜你
And congratulations.
谢谢您 陛下 谢谢
Thank you, ma'am. Thank you.
你做的这么棒 真为你骄傲 约翰
I didn't know you'd made it. I'm so proud, John.
我们遇到堵车然后安检
Oh, we hit traffic, and then the security.
但我当时在场 我看到你了
But I was there. I saw you.
好的 好的
Hm. Good, good.
见见多蒂和克里斯 这是我妹妹 卡罗琳
Meet Dottie and Chris. This is my sister, Caroline.
亲爱的 真高兴你能来
I'm so glad you could come, love.
很高兴认识你 -很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you.
妈妈怎么样? -哦 她… 她很好
How's Mum? Oh, she is.. she's good.
她也很高兴 -好的
And she's pleased. -Good
你应该去看看她 -是的 我会的 我会的
You should go see her. -Aye, I will. I will.
真高兴见到你 -真的很高兴见到你
So nice to see you. -Really good to see you.
来啦 约翰
Here we are, John.
你现在还加糖吗? -加
Now, do you still take sugar? -Oh, aye.
那很好 因为我已经放了一块了
Well, that's good, cos I've already put one in it.
来吧 让我看看
Come on, now. Let's see it.
好的 好的
Right, OK.
看看
There it is. Oh.
真漂亮 约翰
Oh. It's lovely, John.
你得擦亮它
You'll have to polish it.
我要去买♥♥些专用的银器抛光剂 一块干净的布
I'm going to get some proper silver polish, a clean cloth,
还有那种软布 把那些缝隙都擦干净
sort of lint thing. Get in all those bits there.
嗯 小心别弄丢了
Well.. Be careful you don't lose it.
不会的
Iwon't.
你和女王度过了愉快的一天吗?
So, you had a nice day, with the Queen?
是的 在我叫她滚开之后
Oh, aye, yeah. After I told her to go fuck herself.
约翰 你没有吧? -我知道 不过没事
Oh, John, you didn't? -I know. It was fine, though.
妈妈我只有三张票 而且…
I only had three tickets, Mum, and...
因为卡罗琳住得最近… -我理解约翰
as Caroline lives closest... -I understand, John.
不不 不是那样的
No, no, it wasn't that.
只是 你知道 事情就这么凑巧
It's just, you know, the way it worked out.
我在报纸上看到了所有报道 约翰
I read about it all in the paper, John.
显然你说你不想
Apparently you said you didn't want
让任何人经历你所经历的一切
anyone to go through what you went through.
面朝壁炉
Face the fireplace.
妈的
Fuck's sakes.
对不起 我不够好 我尽力了 我真的尽力了
I'm sorry I wasn't good enough. I tried my best, I did.
我知道 我知道 妈妈
I know.I know, Mum.
如果我是你或爸爸 我也不知道该怎么办
I wouldn't have known what to do, if I was you or Dad.
我应付不来的
I couldn't have coped.
我知道
I know.
隧♥道♥尽头终究还是有光的
So, there was light at the end of the tunnel
对吧 约翰·戴维森
after all, John Davidson?
是啊
Yeah.
是的 要是我们早知道…
Yep. If only we knew it...
当时知道就好了
way back then.
过来 你
Come on, you.
好好的 约翰
It's OK, John.
好好的
It's OK.
对不起 约翰
I'm sorry, John.
你不必道歉
You don't have to be.
亲爱的戴维森先生
Dear Mr Davidson,
我想邀请您来诺丁汉大学
I would like to invite you to Nottingham University
在您方便的时间
at a time and date that is convenient to you.
我有个炸♥弹♥ 对不起 别管我
I've got a bomb! Sorry. Ignore me.
我们和您一样 希望帮助
We share your ambition to help people
妥瑞氏症患者
who live with Tourette's.
简而言之 我们希望
In brief, we would be grateful
您能参与一项科学研究
if you would take part in a scientific study
以确定中枢神经刺♥激♥
to determine the effects of median nerve stimulation
对您这种情况的患者的影响
on those living with your condition.
嘿
Hey!
虽然这不是治愈方法 但初步研究结果表明
While it is not a cure, initial findings suggest
它可能有助于妥瑞氏症患者控制病情
it may help those with Tourette's manage their condition.
我来见… -此致
Here to see... -Yours sincerely.
芭芭拉·莫雷拉 -芭芭拉·莫雷拉
Barbara Morera. -Barbara Morera.
性感的圆屁♥股♥ 他妈的
Sexy bum! Fuck's sakes.
约翰? -你是芭芭拉吗?
John? -Are you Barbara?
我是芭芭拉 -很高兴认识你
I'm Barbara. -Nice to meet you.
我是约翰 -很高兴认识你
I'm John. -Nice to meet you.
这边请
Come this way.
别担心 约翰
Nothing to worry about, John.
这是一个神经调节手环
This is a neuromodulation band. Oh, right
好了
We're good.
好的 让我设置一下设备
OK, just let me set up the device
为您提供合适的参数
to deliver the right parameters for you.
好了 你可以试试看了
Good. Right, well, you can take it for a spin.
好的 它需要多长时间才能起效?
Right. How long will it take to work?
观察一下 去校园里走走
Let's see. Go for a walk round the campus
看看是否感觉到不同 我在接待处等你
see if you notice a difference. I'll meet you back at reception.
好的 -好的
OK. -OK.
我就在附近走走 -好的
I just go around here? -Over there.
你好吗 -我很好 谢谢
How you doing? You all right? -I'm good, thank you.
约翰 请坐
John. Have a seat.
感觉怎么样
So, how was it?
我需要一些反馈
I'm gonna need some feedback.
我自从14岁以来 就没有过这种感觉
I've not felt like this since I was 14.
我感觉…
I feel...
平静 警觉 放松 我没有焦虑 没有抽动
calm, alert, relaxed. I've no anxiety, no tics.
你有抽动过吗?
电影精选列表