那好,每周四下午3点,
a 48-foot sea vessel by the name of Lucy docks here.
一艘48英尺长的,名为“露西号♥”的海船,会停靠这里。
You will process all drop offs from Lucy under the name John Alexander.
你要以约翰·亚历山大的名义,占据“露西号♥”上卸下的所有货物。
Once complete,you will phone me directly.
一旦完成,你会直接给我打电♥话♥。
-Is that clear? -Crystal.
-听明白了? -心知肚明。
Your assistance will not be forgotten.
工友们不会忘记你的帮助。
I suppose we'll be in touch then.
我想,我们到时再联♥系♥。
That is a fact.
这是事实。
[interviewer] So,what do you have to say to the people that are. .
[采访者]那么,你有什么话,要对那些…
that. . that might think that you aren't D. B. Cooper.
…那些可能会认为,你不是D.B.库珀的人说的。
Well, I could care less,I did the job.
我才不在乎呢,我已经干成了。
There've been a lot of people over the years who've claimed to be D. B. Cooper.
这些年来,有很多人声称自己是“D.B.库珀”。
Probably the most recognizable would be Mr. Rackshaw,but he can't fill in the blanks like Rodney.
最让人误以为的,可能是拉克肖先生,但他不能像罗德尼那样,把事实说圆了。
In fact,none of the people who've claimed to be D. B. Cooper
事实上,没有一个自称是D.B.库珀的人
can fill in the slots like Rodney can.
能像罗德尼那样,把故事说圆。
There's. . there's, just,too much minutia there for this to be in his head and not be real.
在他...在他脑子里的细节实在太多了,以至于不像是真实的。
[Rodney] I came right down the Columbia River at Tena Bar
[罗德尼]我从特纳酒吧的哥伦比亚河,顺流而下,
and there's a cove in there and I looked at the cove
那里有一个河湾,我下来的时候,
when I was comin' down,I landed right in the sands.
看到了河湾,就在沙滩上岸了。
(华盛顿州的哥伦比亚河)
I left $5,880 on the beach and I took $300 more out
我在河滩上留下了5880美元,又拿走了300美元,
and that leaves $193,000 left somewhat, in dollars.
还剩下19.3万美元。
It's on that beach right now.
它现在就在那个河滩上。
So, if I find the rock,we're gonna dig it up and we'll get that money.
如果我找到那块石头,我们就把它挖出来,拿到那笔钱。
And the only reason I thought it had credibility enough to at least pursue a little bit,
而我认为,它有足够可信度的唯一原因是,至少要做一点调查,
do some research and then bring Mike in was the fact that he was gonna bring the money to me.
做了一些调查后,然后把迈克拉进来,是因为,他会把钱给我。
He was gonna set the money on the desk and then from there he wanted me to do something with the cash.
他要把钱放在桌子上,然后让我用这些钱,做点什么有益的事情。
My plan is probably to go underground,sell some of the money,you know?
我的计划可能是转入地下,再卖♥♥掉一部分纸钞?
But, that's business.
但是,这就是生意。
Why not? It's my money.I took it.
为什么不呢?这是我的钱。我拿了。
And, uh, if I get somebody to help me sell it,then fine, dandy,I get it sold.
如果我能找到人,帮我卖♥♥掉它,那很好,我就让它去拍卖♥♥掉。
[Carlos] So,Rod had an idea of what the value of the money was
[卡洛斯]所以,罗德知道这些纸币的价值,
and it was an inflated amount based off the fact that a kid had been camping down on the river,
这是一个夸大的数字,因为一个孩子在河边露营,
actually found some money,and then selling the money at a much higher value than what the actual face is.
发现了一些纸币,然后以比实际价值高得多的价格,卖♥♥掉了这些纸币。
[interviewer] So, did you bury the $5,800 immediately?
[采访者]那么,你是马上把那5800美元埋起来的吗?
Yes.
是的。
The reason why,I always leave a tip.
原因是,我总是给小费。
So that they thought I'd gone in the river.
所以,他们以为我掉进河里了。
I put the money there,in all 20s,I put 'em in a stack.
我把钱放在那里,都是面值20元的,我把它们堆在一起。
[interviewer]Why that amount of money?
[采访者]为什么要把钱堆起来?
[Rodney] I don't know,I just reached in the bag and grabbed whatever I had,and counted it,
[罗德尼]我不知道,我只是把手伸进包里,抓了一把钞票,数了数,
it was $5,880 and I went,"Okay, that's. .
是5880美元,我说,“好吧,这会...
somebody will find this,some fisherman or some hiker or. .well, they didn't find it for nine more years.
会有人会发现的,一些渔夫或一些徒步旅行者,或者...”
他们又过了9年,才发现。
[news anchor]Then the Dwayne Ingrum family entered the picture last February.
[新闻主播]去年2月,德韦恩·英格拉姆一家人也加入了进来。
I was gonna build a fire and I had some wood in my arm
我打算生个火,我胳膊上抱着一些木头,
and I got ready to set it down and my son ran up and said, "Wait a minute, Daddy. "
我准备把它放下,我儿子跑过来说:“等一下,爸爸。”
So, he raked a place out in the sand
所以,他在沙滩上耙了一块地方,
and there it was, it kinda tumbled up on the top.
它就在那里出现,它录露在外面的部分随风吹动着。
[news anchor]What his young son found was part of Cooper's loot.
[新闻主播]他年幼的儿子发现的是,库珀的赃款的一部分。
Badly decomposed, in bundles, still in the same order when packed nine years ago.
严重腐烂,成捆的,还是九年前包装时的样子。
[Mike] The Columbia River is a massive river.
[迈克]哥伦比亚河是一条大河。
And it's an ever-changing riverbank.
它的河床起伏变化。
This is where large shipping vessels come through
这里是大型船只进出的地方,
and bring product to and from other countries and distribute it around the world.
从其他国家运送产品,并将其分销到世界各地。
So, they have to continually dredge it and make sure that it's clear for the shipping lanes.
因此,他们必须不断疏浚,确保航道畅通。
[man] Dredging is done in a lot of major waterways
[男人]疏浚是在很多主要水道上进行的,
and that's to keep the waterway open for commerce
这是为了保持水道的商业开放,
because it's not that deep and they have to dig out that waterway year after year.
因为它不是那么深,他们必须年复一年地挖掘水道。
Rodney described his burying of the $5,800
罗德尼说,他把5800美元
to be in a very shallow area because he did it very hastily
埋在一个非常浅的地方,因为他做得非常匆忙,
and scientists in 2020 determined
科学家们在2020年确定,
that there was algae found on the money
这些钱上发现了藻类,
that could've only been there during a spring bloom.
这些藻类只可能在春季繁殖期出现。
So, it's. .it's possible that the money,having been buried in a shallow area,
所以,有可能...有可能这些钱,被埋在一个浅水区,
later on, after a dredging,was exposed to the water,
后来,在疏浚之后,被暴露在水里,
thus exposing it to the algae that only blooms in the spring.
从而暴露在,只在春天滋生的藻类中。
[man] That's key, because it means the ransom money entered the water months after Cooper jumped.
[男人]这很关键,因为这意味着,赎金是在库珀跳伞几个月后,才浸入水中的。
For instance,Kay says it scuttles the FBI's original theory in the 1980s
例如,凯说,它推♥翻♥了联邦调查局在20世纪80年代最初的理论,
that the ransom money flowed from rivers in the suspected drop zone near Lake Merwin
即赎金被从默温湖附近的,可疑跳伞区域的,河流冲刷过,
down through the Washougal River to the Columbia.
通过沃什沃格尔河,流入哥伦比亚河。
The so-called "Washougal Wash Down Theory. "
这就是所谓的“沃什沃格河冲刷理论”。
The money was not floating in the water for a year,
这些钱并没有,在水里漂了一年,
otherwise we would've seen diatoms from the full range of the year.
否则,我们都能看到,一整年的各类硅藻。
We only saw themfrom the spring. . springtime bloom.
我们只看到了,在春季...在春季生长的水藻。
So this puts a very narrow range
所以,这就限定了一个狭小范围内,
on when the money got wet and was subsequently buried on Tena Bar.
确定这些钱,是什么时候被弄湿,然后被埋在特纳酒吧的。
Rodney knew all kinds of specifics about. .about the hijacking.
罗德尼知道劫机...那次劫机的所有细节。
[interviewer]What were you wearing that day?
[采访者]你那天穿的是什么?
I wore a sports jacket,penny loafers,
我穿着一件运动夹克,一双廉价休闲皮鞋,
black tie,which belonged to my dad.
系着我爸爸留下来的黑领带。
The one piece of physical evidence that really yielded something substantial
有一件物证,确实说明了一些实质性的东西,
was the fact that the tie was analyzed at the time
那就是那条领带在当时被分♥析♥过,
and throughout the years continued to be analyzed as technology got better
随着技术的进步,多年来一直在被分♥析♥,
and titanium was one of the major alloys found on it.
钛是在领带上,发现的主要合金之一。
[newsman] The periodical table of clues, say scientists,
[新闻主播]科学家们说,这些线索的周期表表明,
suggests Cooper had access to a manufacturing company
库珀有机会进入一家制♥造♥飞机的制♥造♥公♥司♥,
that made airplanes, like the one he jumped from.
就像他跳下的那架飞机一样。
Perhaps a company with a connection to Boeing.
也许是一家与波音公♥司♥有联♥系♥的公♥司♥。
Rodney did identify the fact that that tie was his father's and that he did work at Boeing.
罗德尼确实确认了,这条领带是他父亲的,而且他父亲确实在波音公♥司♥工作。
Uh, he had the. .the times down to specifics.
呃,他把...把当时的具体时间,都记下来了。
Exact time frame, uh,that lines up with. .with what, um,the authorities have.
确切的时间范围,和...和官方掌握的资料相符。
[Rodney] Left Portland about 4:30,it was getting kinda dark,it was during the winter.
[罗德尼]大约4:30离开波特兰,天有点黑了,那是在冬天。
And then we got up in the air and it was raining.
然后我们升到空中,天就下雨了。
They seated me in 18E in the back near the stewardess.
他们让我坐在18E的座位,后面离着空姐很近。
He knew the type of cigarettes that were smoked.
他知道,客人们抽的香烟,是哪种牌子。
[interviewer]Did they allow you to smoke back in the day on airplanes? -[Rodney] Yes, they did.
[采访者]以前机组允许你们在飞机上抽烟吗? -[罗德尼]是的,他们允许。
I smoked about eight Raleigh's,but I just barely smoked them.
我抽了大概八支罗利牌香烟,但我平时很少抽它们。
I was nervous.
我很紧张。
The. . the cocktails that were ordered. .
我...我当时点的鸡尾酒是...
[Rodney] I ordered me a bourbon and they brought me a double.
[罗德尼]我点了一杯波旁威士忌,空乘却给了我双份。
[stewardess]Can I get you anything?
[空姐]您要点什么吗?
[young Rodney] Uh, yes.
[年轻的罗德尼]呃,好的。
I'll take a bourbon on the rocks and if you could keep those coming
我要一杯加冰的波旁威士忌,如果你能在飞机降落之前
until the plane lands or I jump out of it,that'd be great.
一直给我,或者让我跳下去,那就太好了。
I'll make it a double,how 'bout that?
我给你双份的,怎么样?
[Carlos]And the more I looked into it,the more I thought,"Well, he's either
[卡洛斯]我越深入研究,就越觉得,“嗯,他要么是我所见过的,
the most well-versed D. B. Cooper fanatic
甚至听说过的,最熟悉D.B.库珀本人
that I've ever met or even heard of,um, or he's D. B. Cooper. "
的狂热粉丝,嗯,要么他本人就是D.B.库珀。”
It's hard to look somebody in the eye who is so sincere about their story
我们很难直视一双,如此真挚地讲述自己的故事的人的眼睛,
and discount it or,um, call them a liar.
而忽视它,或者说,他讲的都是谎言。
The guy's a character,and he's just enough of a character
这家伙是一个狠角色,是一个足够能让他
to have jumped out of an airplane, uh,being suicidal with nothing to lose and. .
从飞机上跳下来的狠角色,因为一无所有,想自杀也未尝不可,
and, you know,pulling it off.
然后,你知道,成功逃脱了。
I'm inclined to believe that. . that he's the guy.
我倾向于相信...相信,他就是那个人。
I wanna believe he's the guy.
我愿意相信,他就是那个人。
[Mike] Reintroducing it to myself, you know,I. . I start to realize some of the details that were out there.
[迈克]当他向我重新介绍他自己,你知道,我...我开始意识到那里的一些细节。
And when he added to those details,
当他加入这些细节时,
it. .it was very convincing.
就...就非常有说服力了。
He's either convinced himself that it's real or it's real.
他要么让他自己相信,这是真的,要么这事就是真的。
So, with that, it's. .it's worth coming to take a look.
所以,有了这些,这事就...就有的看了。
[Carlos] So,after some deliberation,Mike and I decided that maybe we should go down and dig up this money.
[卡洛斯]经过一番考虑,迈克和我决定,也许我们应该着手,去把这些钱挖出来。
(2018年四月25日)
[Mike] We're going on an exploratory mission here to see if he is the guy to confirm or not
[迈克]我们要在这里进行一次探索任务,看看他是否就是那个人,
whether he's the person who hijacked an airplane in,
你知道,那是在很久以前的1971年,他是否就是
you know, in 1971,a long time ago.
劫持飞机的那个人。
So,there's a lot of questions and there's a lot of mystery around it.
所以,围绕着这桩劫机案,有很多问题和谜团。
If I'm not mistaken,it's the only unsolved hijacking in the history of the world.
如果我没记错的话,这是史上唯一一桩劫机悬案。
Uh, and. . and that has to have some interest.
嗯,还有...这里面还“有利可图”。
There's some sex appeal to that.
这里面有一些,表现男人魅力的地方。
I mean, it's almost like treasure hunting.
我是说,这就像寻宝一样。
I think everybody has a little kid inside of them that loves the idea of going and finding some buried treasure,
我想每个人都有一颗童心未泯,喜欢去寻找埋藏的宝藏,
电影精选列表