Shows me this old picture of you and Joan on your wedding day.
然后我就噎住了
And then I started choking.
是啊 说实话 你不是我想象中的样子
Yeah. I gotta admit, you weren't who I was expecting.
你完全就是我想象的样子
You're exactly what I was expecting.
除了那些色情片和染发剂
Minus the porn and hair dye.
在我去世前大约六个月 我...
About six months before I died, I was...
我在庙里两鬓开始斑白了 但我当时根本没把它当回事
I was graying at the temples and, you know, I just didn't care.
因为我和琼安才刚讨论要组建家庭的事
'Cause Joan and I, we'd just had this conversation about starting a family.
我们前面的路都铺好了
Everything was laid out in front of us.
那是我最快乐的时光
That was my happiest.
我35岁那年
I'm 35.
当时琼安怀着我们的第二个孩子 有一晚 我们出去吃饭
Joan was pregnant with our second and we went out to dinner one night.
医生在跟我们讲一些新的研究
The doctor was telling us about all these new studies
说怀孕的时候不应该喝酒
where you're not supposed to drink when you're pregnant.
我点的葡萄酒来了 琼安就抿了一口
And I got my glass of wine and Joan took a sip of it,
然后她脸上露出一个小小的笑容
and she just had this little smile on her face.
那一刻 我说不上为什么 就感觉我和她是一体的
And I don't know but, in that moment, it just felt like we were a team.
你没事吧?
You okay?
天啊 我得走了
Oh, my God. I have to go.
这是怎么回事?
What's going on?
你的来世协调员会解释一切
Your AC will explain everything.
来世协调员是?
What's an AC?
186号♥ 琼安卡特勒
我们可以去塞纳河畔那家咖啡馆 那里有个假萨特
We can go to this café on the Seine where a fake Sartre
和假加缪会争吵 而且他们的巧克力面包超好吃
and fake Camus have a fight and they have great pain au chocolat .
加缪就是那个总是谈论死亡的人?
Was Camus the one who always talked about death?
因为现在听这些似乎没意义了
'Cause that just kinda sounds pointless now.
是吗?
Really?
我读过《萨特入门》这本书
You know, I read Sartre For Beginners .
怎么念“萨特”?
How do you say Sartre?
念“沙”...萨特 -萨特
Sar... Sartre. -Sartre.
然后...
And--
拉里怎么会在这里?
What's Larry doing here?
我...
I...
拜托 拉里 我已经决定了 好吗? -好的
Please. Larry. I made up my mind, okay? -Yeah.
你知道这是最好的选择 对吧? -你换发型了
You know this is best. Okay? -Your hair is different.
好的 谢谢 -不是的
Okay. Thank you. -No.
我们以前在一起时 没见你有过这发型
Y-You never had it like that when we were together.
对 是我后来剪的
No. I-I cut it after...
很适合你
It suits you.
拉里
Larry.
你应该和卢克在一起
You should go with Luke.
好吗?你值得拥有那样的爱情 亲爱的
Okay? You deserve a shot at that kind of love, honey.
那种炽热 带火花的爱情
That fiery, sparky kind.
但我跟你在一起时非常快乐啊
But I was so, so happy with you.
我知道 但你跟他在一起时最快乐
I... I know. But you were happiest with him.
没事 -但你...怎办?
It's okay. -B-But what... What about you?
别担心我 我会快乐的
D-Don't worry about me. I'll be in the sun.
知道你快乐 我就快乐
Knowing you're happy makes me happy.
但前提是你必须快乐
But it doesn't work unless you're happy.
拉里
Oh, Larry.
好的
Okay.
你最好去告诉凯伦这个消息
You better go break the news to Karen.
好的
Okay.
好的
Okay.
好的 -这是正确的选择
Okay. -It's the right thing.
天啊
Wow.
海滩世界
列车门将在30分钟后关闭
The train doors will close in 30 minutes.
宝贝 我们不应该 在他面前炫耀我们充满激♥情♥的爱
Babe, we shouldn't flaunt our sexy love in front of his face.
他现在孤身寡人
He has no one.
嗨 -嗨
Hey. -Hi.
拉里 你还好吗?
How are you holding up, Lar?
我没事
Eh, I'm all right.
拉里 你没生气 对吧?
No hard feelings, right, Larry?
说真的 有一瞬间我还真以为你能胜出呢
For what it's worth, I totally thought you had it there for a moment.
谢谢你
Thanks.
怎么回事?你们俩现在是一对啦?
What's this? Are you two together now?
没错 -我们决定再试一次
Yeah. -We're gonna give it another go.
很好
Good.
你真让我们看清了 没了伴侣的日子有多空虚
You really showed us that living without someone is a hollow mess.
你说什么? -不好意思
What? -I'm sorry.
没事 -请让我们单独谈一谈
Okay. -Give us a minute, please.
好的...必须的 我已经开始想你了
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Totally. I miss you already.
天啊
God.
我们坐下?
You wanna?
拉里 必须说我真为你感到骄傲
I gotta say, I'm really proud of you, Larry.
你做了正确的决定
You're doing the right thing.
我难受极了
I feel terrible.
明白 这很正常
Yeah. That happens.
有时候 做正确的事也会让人难受
Sometimes doing the right thing does feel terrible.
对了 你还没告诉我你为何会决定留下来
So, you never told me why you ended up staying here.
来到这里...
Um, coming here...
我只能说 来到这里后 我算是活得更好了
I'll just say that coming here was an improvement for me.
在这里 我有机会帮助迷失的灵魂 找到他们的幸福
Here, I get to help lost souls find their happiness.
那给了我一种使命感
And that gives me a sense of purpose.
但时间久了 就会开始不在乎 什么才是对他们最好的
But after time, you stop caring about what's best for people.
所做的只是走流程而已
You're just pushing them along
保证来世系统还能正常运转 懂吧?
and making sure the afterlife is ticking over, you know?
只顾着推销来生世界
Sell, sell, sell.
直到你出现
But then you came along.
是的 你带着那份了不起的 平凡之爱出现了
Yeah. With that great ordinary love.
而这提醒了我选择留在这里的初衷
And you reminded me of why I chose this place.
所以 谢谢你 拉里
So, thank you for that, Larry.
我应该说不客气吧
Well, I guess you're welcome.
所以...
So...
决定好你所要的永生了吗?
have you chosen your eternity?
是的 我想我决定好了
Yeah, I think I have.
好的 来吧 -什么?
Okay. Come on. -What?
来吧... -天啊 不要
Come on. Come on. -Oh, God. Oh, no.
要的...
Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah.
天啊
Oh, boy.
嘿
Oh. -Hey.
对 -很不错?
Yeah. -It's not bad, huh?
这...
Oh, it's...
很好看
It's very charming.
该死
Shit.
死于车祸
A car crash. -Oh.
死于老年 癌症
Uh, old age. Cancer.
战争 -战争 哪一场?
War. -Oh. War. Which one?
一战还是二战? -韩战
I or II? -Um, Korea.
那也算 对
Which counts. Yeah. -Oh.
厉害
Well done.
谢谢夸奖
Thank you.
我好爱你
I love you so much.
好爱好爱
So much.
嗨 -嗨
Hey. -Hi.
你喜欢看书?
Uh, so you like books?
对 我是图书管♥理♥员♥ 所以...
Uh, yeah. I'm a librarian, so...
需要帮忙吗?
Can I help you with something?
好啊 我识字
Yeah. I can read.
那很好 你来对地方了
That's good. You're in the right place.
这本是? -狄更斯的《远大前程》
What's that one? -That's Dickens, Great Expectations .
值得读吗?
Any good?
其实我没读过
Um, you know, I haven't read it.
但那是因为我其实不怎么喜欢狄更斯
But that's 'cause I don't really love Dickens.
这话非常具争议性
Oh. -It's a big controversy.
对 我也不喜欢他
Yeah. I hate him.
你...的笑声真好听
You got a... You got a nice laugh.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
我叫琼安 -我叫拉里
I'm Joan. -Larry.
幸会 拉里 -幸会
电影精选列表