[歌♥声继续]
[song continues]
♪回首往事♪
♪ Looking back on how it was ♪
Will it ever be the same
♪ Will it ever be the same? ♪
[蟋蟀鸣叫]
[crickets chirping]
[ Dion 和 Joe 的欢呼声]
[Dion and Joe whooping]
[马特笑]
[Matt laughs]
[乔哎呀,笑]
[Joe whoops, laughs]
嘿,伙计。
[Matt] Hey, man.
天上的星星看起来怎么样?
- [laughter continues] - How's the stars look up there?
[ Dion 和 Joe 笑]
[Dion and Joe laughing]
不错嘛。
Nice.
我能加入吗?
Can I join you?
当然,上来吧。
Sure, come on up.
- [ Dion 和 Joe 欢呼]-[ Matt 咕哝]
- [Dion and Joe whooping] - [Matt grunts]
能帮我拿一下吗?
You wanna hold that for me?
不确定啤酒和照明弹
Not sure that beer and flares
应该是混合的。
are supposed to be mixed.
哦,该死。
[sighing] Oh, shit.
是的。
Yes.
[叹气]
[sighs]
你好吗?
[chuckles] How you doin'?
很好。
Good.
谢谢你让我出来。
Thanks for having me out.
谢谢你能来。
Yeah, thanks for coming out.
嗯
- Mm. - [Joe whoops]
看看这个,纽♥约♥时♥报♥打电♥话♥给我。
So check this out, New York Times called me.
他们想派一个作家..。
They wanna send a writer out...
做一个关于你们的报道。
- [Joe laughs, whoops] - ...to do a story on you guys.
你在开玩笑吗
- Are you pulling my leg? - [chuckles]
没有。
No.
真令人兴奋。
It's pretty exciting.
你16岁的时候就可以出专辑了
You make an album when you're 16 years old
没人喜欢。
and nobody likes it.
三十年过去了。
Thirty years go by...
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》想找你谈谈。
The New York Times wants to come out and talk to you.
还不错。
Not too bad.
我是摇滚乐队的鼓手
I'm a drummer in a rock n' roll band! [whoops]
我们做那张专辑的时候,真的很开心。
You know, when we made that album, we were so happy.
只是..。
Just...
对这个世界一无所知。
didn't know anything about the world.
就在这里。
Literally just here.
是的。
Yeah.
就在这儿,放音乐。
Just here, playing music.
我们倾尽全力。
Put everything we had into it.
没人喜欢。
And no one liked it.
没什么。
Nothin'.
有这个真是太奇怪了,
It's so weird to have this,
你知道,现在,我不确定什么,什么..。
you know, now, and I'm not sure what, what...
怎么... 怎么处理这一切。
what... what to do with all of it.
嗯,我明白了,我是说,我可以想象这有多难。
Hmm. I get it. I mean, I can imagine it's a lot.
但是,人们开始听到了,
But, uh, people are starting to hear it,
人们开始感觉到了。
and people are starting to feel it.
你拿它做什么? 你知道,那是..。
What do you do with it? You know, that's...
问得好。
Well, it's a good question.
也许你可以试试..。
Maybe you could try...
[ Joe 和 Dion 笑]
[Joe and Dion laughing]
很享受吗?
...enjoying it?
[都笑]
[both laughing]
唐尼和乔 · 爱默生也来了,
And we have Donnie and Joe Emerson here with us,
来自弗鲁特兰的两位音乐家,
two musicians from Fruitland, Washington,
他们在青少年时期录制了一张专辑
who recorded an album when they were teenagers
在70年代末。
back in the late '70s.
我没说错吧,是唐尼还是唐?
Did I get that right? Is it Donnie or Don?
现在大家都叫我唐,
Well, now people call me Don,
但我们做专辑的时候,大家都叫我唐尼,
but when we made the album, people called me Donnie,
所以我想两者都有可能。
so I guess it could be either one, you know.
你可以叫我 Don 或者你..。
You can call me Don or you...
闭嘴,兄弟!
- [both laughing] - Shut up, bro!
[笑]
[laughing]
- Joe Emerson?-是的。
- Joe Emerson? - Yeah.
我是纽♥约♥时♥报♥的 Steven Kurutz。
I'm Steven Kurutz from The New York Times.
- 我们通过电♥话♥-你好,史蒂文。
- We spoke on the phone. - Ah! Yeah, hey, Steven.
欢迎,欢迎。
Welcome, welcome.
- 谢谢-很高兴见到你。
- Thank you. - Yeah, good to meet ya.
唐尼是怎么开始的?
[Steven] How did Donnie get started?
他开始在学校演奏。
He started playing some at school.
自学钢琴。
Uh, taught himself piano.
还有吉他。
And guitar.
然后他开始写歌♥,
And then he started writing songs,
我不是说小孩子的歌♥,
and I don't mean like little kid songs,
这些就像真正的歌♥曲,他在写作
these were like real songs, and he was writing
一天一两个。
one or two a day.
我们在农场长大,受到很好的保护
[Joe] Growing up on the farm, we were pretty protected
来自外界的影响。
from outside influences.
我们没怎么看电视,
We didn't really watch television that much,
没有买♥♥唱片什么的,
didn't really buy records or anything. I mean, heck,
我甚至不认为——我们有没有,比如说,一个录音机?
I don't even think-- did we even have, like, a record player?
我记得我大概12岁的时候,我们买♥♥了辆拖拉机。
Well, I remember we got a tractor when I was, like, 12.
里面有收音机,很酷
And that had a radio in it, and that was pretty cool
因为这样我们就可以听音乐了。
'cause then we could listen to music.
I don’t want you
[Donnie] ♪ I don't want you ♪
♪不再是奴隶♪
♪ To be no slave ♪
I don’t want you
♪ I don't want you ♪
To work all day
♪ To work all day ♪
But I want you
♪ But I want you ♪
To be true
♪ To be true ♪
And I just wan na make love to you
♪ And I just wanna make love to you ♪
我不太懂音乐,
I didn't know that much about music,
但似乎有些事我们不能忽视。
but, uh, it seemed like something we shouldn't ignore.
- 哇!-那么..。
- Whoa! - [Don Sr.] So...
我们给他买♥♥了些设备,乔也是,
we got him some equipment, Joe too,
鼓和吉他
- drums and guitars. - [indistinct chatter]
我们给他们建了一个练习的小地方。
We built them a little place to practice in.
我爸爸是个有信仰的人。
[Joe] My dad is a man of faith.
他相信他的家庭,也相信唐尼。
He believes in his family and... he believes in Donnie.
- 太完美了!-啊!
- This is perfect! - Ah!
好了,孩子们。
- [laughter] - All right, boys.
你和唐尼还在一起玩吗?
[Steven] You and Donnie still play together?
不,不。
[Joe] Nope, no.
当《狂野梦》没有成功的时候,
When Dreamin' Wild didn't work out,
我们决定,
we made the decision that,
唐尼会过得更好
that Donnie would be better off
作为个人表演,你知道吗?
as a solo act, you know?
我是说,他才是那个有天赋的人。
I mean, he was the one with the talent.
谁都看得出来。
Anybody could see that.
唐尼是个..。
You know, Donnie's a...
他是个很复杂的人。
he's a complicated sort of guy.
他有..。
He's got a...
他脑子里有很多东西。
a lot going on in his head.
他的所作所为,史蒂文,
And what he did, you know, Steven,
我是说,他的所作所为。
I mean, what he does, it's, uh...
我不知道,说实话,就像个天才。
I don't know, it's just kind of like a genius, truthfully.
但这对他来说并不容易。
But it's not always easy for him.
你呢?
How about for you?
哦,我,我相处得很好,你知道。
Oh, me, I get along fine, you know.
我一直在... 我一直在装♥修♥我的房♥子。
I just keep... I keep working on my house.
等等,那是你做的吗?
Wait, you built that?
是啊,是啊,当然了。
Yeah, yeah, I sure did.
那里只有你一个人吗?
[Steven] And it's just you there?
你没结过婚?
You never married?
电影精选列表