[唐尼呻♥吟♥]
[Donnie groans]
[“陌生国度的陌生人”由 Leon Russell 演奏]
Stranger In A Strange Land" by Leon Russell playing]
♪多少天♪
♪ How many days ♪
♪从我出生开始♪
♪ Has it been since I was born? ♪
♪多少天♪
♪ How many days ♪
♪直到我死去♪
♪ Till I die? ♪
Do I know any way
♪ Do I know any way ♪
I can make you laugh
♪ I can make you laugh? ♪
Do I only know how to make you cry
♪ Do I only know how to make you cry? ♪
♪当婴儿环顾四周♪
♪ When the baby looks around him ♪
♪多么美丽的景色♪
♪ Such a sight to see ♪
♪他分享一个简单的秘密♪
♪♪♪ He shares a simple secret ♪
With the wise man
♪ With the wise man ♪
♪他是陌生国度的陌生人♪
♪ He's a stranger in a strange land ♪
♪只是陌生国度的陌生人♪
♪ Just a stranger in a strange land ♪
Tell me why
♪ Tell me why ♪
♪他是陌生国度的陌生人♪
♪ He's a stranger in a strange land ♪
♪喔,喔,喔♪
♪ Whoa, oh, oh ♪
♪陌生国度的陌生人♪
♪ Stranger in a strange land ♪
嘿,兄弟。
- [car door closes] - Hey, brother.
嘿,乔。
[Donnie] Hey, Joe.
- 嘿,爸爸-早上好,儿子。
- Hey, Dad. - Good morning, son.
- 很高兴见到你-唐尼,
- Good to see ya. - Uh, Donnie,
我是马特 · 沙利文,阁楼之光唱片公♥司♥的。
this is Matt Sullivan, Light in the Attic Records.
- 很高兴见到你-我也是。
- Great to meet you. - Ah, you too.
谢谢你们邀请我来。
Thanks for having me out here, guys.
很高兴你能来,进来吧。
Oh, glad to have you. Come on inside.
- 嘿,妈-嘿
- [Donnie] Hey, Ma. - Hey! [gasps]
- 我儿子-马特这是我妻子萨莱纳。
- Oh, my son. - Matt, this is my wife, Salina.
Emerson 夫人,很高兴见到你。
Mrs. Emerson. So nice to meet you.
哦
- Oh. - [Salina chuckles]
进来,进来。
[in Maltese accent] Come in, come in.
呃,马特,呃..
- Uh, Matt, uh... - [Salina chuckles]
她是这次行动的主脑,
She's the brains of the operation,
- 所以你最好保持警惕-很高兴知道。
- so you better be on your toes. - [Matt] Good to know.
这是我的女儿,玛丽亚和萝丝。
[Don Sr.] And these are my daughters, Maria and Rose.
嗨,玛丽亚,嗨,萝丝。
[Matt] Hi, Maria. Hi, Rose.
我一直在找你们。
I've been trying to track you guys down for a while now.
你可真不好找。
You were not easy to find.
很抱歉我们不知道你在找。
I'm sorry we didn't know you was lookin'.
我们会发射信♥号♥♥弹什么的。
We'd have sent up one of those flares or something.
你知道,我..。
- [Salina chuckles] - Well, as you know, I...
我想跟你谈谈。
I wanted to talk to you...
想跟你谈谈这个。
wanted to talk to you about this.
- 哈-嗯。
- [Joe] Huh. - [Don Sr.] Hmm.
我的同事发给我说,
[Matt] My colleague sent it to me and said,
“你得马上听听这个”
"You've got to listen to this immediately,"
我做到了,然后... 哇。
and I did, and... and wow.
就是这个,这就是狂野梦想。
There it is, that's Dreamin' Wild .
是你们吗?
- [Don Sr. chuckles] - [Matt] That's you guys?
对,对,就是我们,没错。
Yeah, yeah. That's us, yeah. Right.
这张专辑真是难以置信。
- [chuckles] - This album is unbelievable.
不,说真的,
- [Joe chuckles] - No, really,
这,这太神奇了,真的。
it's, it's amazing, truly.
真的让我大吃一惊。
It really just blew my mind.
很好,马特,谢谢你。
Well, that's nice, Matt. Thank you.
我不是好意,我只是想告诉你。
Oh, I'm not being nice, I'm telling you, it just...
这张专辑让我大吃一惊。
this album knocked me out.
把我打晕了。
It knocked me out.
我从没想过它会这么有深度
I never expected it to have the depth
和复杂性。
and complexity that it does.
很蓝调,很时髦,很..。
It's bluesy, it's funky, it's...
伙计,它有很多灵魂。
Man, it's got so much soul.
那首《宝贝》太棒了。
That song "Baby," it's amazing.
它从哪儿来的?
Where did it come from?
- 音乐?-对。
- [Joe] Uh, the music? - [Matt] Yeah.
哦,好吧,我猜... 我猜大部分是唐尼说的。
Oh, well, I guess... I guess it came from Donnie, mostly.
我没说错吧,专辑里大部分歌♥都是你写的?
Did I get that right, you wrote most of the songs on the album?
是的,他也演奏了大部分乐器。
[Joe] Yeah, he also played most of the instruments too.
是的,我是说,我打鼓。
Yeah, I mean, I played drums.
- 我们有个朋友...-是的,是的。
- We had a friend of ours... - Yeah, yeah.
坐在贝斯手旁边唱几首歌♥,
...sit in on bass for a couple of songs,
但是唐尼,他什么都玩。
but Donnie, he played everything else.
- 嗯-是的。
- Mm-hmm. - [Joe] Yep.
真令人印象深刻,呃,你们俩当时多大?
[Matt] That's quite impressive. Uh, how old were you two?
哦,天哪,大概1617岁吧?
[Joe] Oh, God, must have been what, 16, 17?
唐尼15岁,乔17岁。
[Salina] Donnie was 15 and Joe was 17.
15岁和17岁,真是... 真是..
[Matt] Wow, 15 and 17, that's... that's... [chuckles]
你是怎么做到的?
How did you do it?
我是说,像这样录一张专辑?
I mean, record an album like this?
- 谁是你的制片人?-唐尼制♥作♥的。
- Who was your producer? - [Don Sr.] Donnie produced it.
他在这里成功了。
He made it all right here.
是的,爸爸在树林里给我们建了个房♥子
[Joe] Yeah. Yeah, Dad built us a place out in the woods
来练习。
to practice in.
我们称之为“训练场”
We called it "the practice place."
我们录下了整个过程,
We recorded the whole thing,
你知道,就在... 就在那儿。
you know, right... right there.
哇
- [Matt] Wow. - [sighs]
- 然后发生了什么?-没什么。
- [Matt] And then what happened? - [Joe] Well, not much.
[父母笑]
[parents laugh]
我们不知道
[Joe] Uh, we-we didn't know
卖♥♥唱片的事,马特。
really anything about selling records, Matt.
我和妈妈想在这里卖♥♥掉它们,
I mean, Mom and I tried to sell them around here,
但是,没错,就是... 就是这样。
but, yeah, that was... that was about it.
现在还有,我上个月才卖♥♥了三个。
[Salina] We still do. I sold three just last month.
好吧
- [Matt] All right. - [chuckles]
说来话长。
There's a whole long story there.
但是..
Uh, but what--
你知道,就是..。
you know, just what's the...
这是什么意思,马特?
what's the idea here, Matt?
我真的很想帮助你们。
The idea is that I really wanna help you guys.
我们可以放《狂野梦想》
We can release Dreamin' Wild
这样一张专辑的发行方式。
the way an album of this caliber should be released.
好吧,你打算怎么做?
Okay, and how are you gonna do that?
我们就是干这个的,我和我的搭档组建了
Well, it's what we do. My partner and I formed
“阁楼之光”帮助被忽视的艺术家。
Light in the Attic to help overlooked artists.
我们发现那些没有观众的专辑,
We find albums that never found an audience,
第一次就不怎么管用。
didn't quite work the first time around.
我们试图给他们第二次机会,
We try to give them a second chance,
成功的机会。
a chance to succeed.
基于这张专辑所引起的轰动。
And based on all the buzz the record has gotten...
等等,你说什么 Buzz?
Wait, what did you say, buzz?
- 什么意思-对不起。
- What do you mean? - Yeah, I'm sorry.
网上的嗡嗡声正式记录在案。
The buzz online for the record.
你看到了,对吧?
You've seen that, right?
- 没有-我们真的没有
- No. - We don't really have
- 这里有网络-没有。
- Internet here. - No.
好吧,我帮你拿回来。
[Matt] Okay, so let me take it back for you.
蒙大拿州的一个唱片收藏家在某个地方发现了这张唱片。
A record collector in Montana found this album somewhere.
他开始传给他的朋友们,
He starts passing it around to his buddies,
他喜欢这张专辑,还有这些黑胶收藏家
he loves the album. Then these vinyl collectors
在西海岸找到它,然后..。
on the West Coast get ahold of it and...
它就开始扩散,一直持续下去。
it just starts spreading and it keeps going and going.
是啊
- Yeah. - [both laugh]
我告诉你们,外面有很多人爱你们。
[Matt] I'm telling you guys, there's a lot of love for you out there.
我想是时候了
And... I think it's time
让全世界都能听到。
for the rest of the world to hear it.
我们想和你做生意
And we wanna be in business with you
来确保这一切的发生。
to make sure that happens.
好吧,那我们要花多少钱?
Okay, so, what's that gonna cost us?
电影精选列表