-太痴心妄想了 -我喜欢
I mean, it's so dumb... I love that.
这样也挺不错的 也算管用
mthat it's kind of cool, you know, it kind of works.
-我能不能... -行
Can I just... Yeah.
我们能说回书吗
Can we go back to the book?
-什么书 -我的书
What book? My book.
我想写的那本书
The book I wanna write?
我只是想说清楚
I just want to make it clear
我并不希望这种现象
that I actually don't Want this Whole phenomenon
是我出名的原因
to be what I'm known for.
我不想这件事成为我在维♥基♥百♥科♥上的
I don't want that to be the main thing
主要事迹
on my wikipedia, you know?
好的 那你有什么想法
Okay. So, what are you thinking?
嗯 我是进化生物学家
Well, I'm an evolutionary biologist.
这是我毕生致力的事
That's what I've dedicated my life to.
所以 不管我们故什么
So, whatever we do,
我都希望和我的博士学位有关
I want it to be related to my doctorate.
哇哦 好吧 听着...
Wow. Wow. Okay. See, I...
我不懂你说的那些
I didn't know about that at all.
你是因为梦境出名的
Well, you're famous for the dreams, right?
所以大冢才很感兴趣
I mean, that's... that's why anyone's interested.
让你进入一个完全不同的领域
So, it might be a bit of a stretch
可能有点牵 强
to get you into a totally different space.
没错
Yeah.
我是终身教授 我早就进入了那个领域
I'm a tenured professor. I'm already in the space.
那我们谈谈我们之间
Well, you know, just to give us a point of contact
有没有什么连接点
as to what we're talking about,
你喜欢那个领域里的
who are some of the big names that you like
-唧些大人物 -对
in that Space? Yeah.
(斯坦福大学神经学教授)
有很多 罗伯特·萨波斯基
Well, there's a bunch, Robert Sapolsky.
他的事业相当令人钦佩
His career has been pretty admirable.
哦 他是不是...
Oh, is he, um...
其实我听都没听过他
No, I don't think I'm familiar with him, actually.
赫尔曼 - 泰格 可能吗
Herman Tig, maybe?
-谁 -赫尔曼 - 泰格
Who? Herman Tig.
是的 不 我听过这个名字
Yeah. No, I know that name.
-哦 是吗 -是的
Oh, you do? Yeah.
嗯 我想这些都不是真正的名人
Well, these are not rea‖y celebrities, I suppose.
不 这才是重点 我不在平名气
No, that's the point, I don't care about fame.
我只把它当做一个机会
I just see this as an opportunity to
让我的工作得到一些认可
to get some recognition for my work.
借助一扇门打开另一扇门
You know, one door opening another door?
是 我懂了
Yeah. No, I get that.
你说的是读者支点
You're talking about an audience pivot,
我觉得这想法很聪朋
Which lthink is very smart.
我只是不知道你能否在拉拢读者的同时
I just don't know if you can pivot that hard right now
维持好热度
without a significant dropoff.
仅凭一本关于植物的书
I mean, a book about what, plants?
但我对雪碧的广♥告♥没兴趣
Yeah, well, I'm not rea‖y interested in doing Sprite ads.
不 不 不 那只是举个例子 保罗
No, no, no. Well, that's just one example, though, Paul.
我们有一大堆想法
I mean, we have a ton of ideas.
哦 这只是冰山一角
Oh, that is just the Very tip of the iceberg.
我们有很多想法
We have so many ideas.
嗯 其中一个想法是
Um, one idea we had was
让奥巴马也梦到你
to make Obama dream about you.
这能让你进入你一直提到 的
That would get you into some of those highculture spaces
高文化领域
you've been mentioning.
(奥巴马的大女儿)
我认识玛利亚 我们能办到
I know Malia, so we can make it happen.
也许这并不是我想要的
Maybe this isn't really what I'm looking for.
我想我们道不同
I don't think we're really speaking
-不相 为 谋 -不 保罗
the same language here. No, Paul.
如果你是这么想的 那就是我没做好
If that's how you're feeling, then I'm failing, okay?
我们能... 能... 能... 我... 我们能重新来过吗
Can we just can... can... can I... can we start over?
我以为你们能帮我找个出版商
I just thought you guys could help me find a publisher.
-我...我...我...-首先
I... I... I... Firstoff,
我想道个歉
I would like to apologize.
我之前说谎了 我从没梦到过你
I lied earlier. I never dreamt about you.
我只是觉得这是一种有趣的开场白
I just thought that would be a fun way to start the meeting, okay?
但事实是
But what is absolutely true
我一直在想你的事
is that I have been thinking about you a lot
我真心觉得我们 能一起
and I just rea‖y feel that we're gonna do
做些与众不同的事
something very special together.
那我们就按你的植物书计划来
So let's just say we go forward with your plant book.
我从没说过植物
I never said anything about plants.
哦 不 你关干进化的...
Oh, no. Your... your book about evolutionary...
-植物 -是关于蚂蚁的
Plants. It's about ants.
-蚂蚁 -蚂蚁
Ants. Ants.
哦 哦 好的 很好
Oh. Oh. Okay, great.
你继续写下去
Well, let's say we go forward with that.
我扪会帮你安排好
We'll help you set that up.
-真的吗 -真的 我只...
Rea‖y? Yes. I just...
我真的很想与你合作 保罗
I really wanna work with you, Paul.
就像我说的
I mean, like I said,
世上最有趣的人
most interesting person in the world.
好的 但不要广♥告♥ 不要雪碧
Okay, but then no ads, no Sprite.
我们就专注于书
We're focusing on the book.
好的 你知道
Yes, and, you know,
如果你不喜欢雪碧 我们表示尊重
if you're not feeling Sprite, we'll respect that.
作为回报 我只想请你听完
I would just ask in retum that you hear out
我们的方案 保持开放的心态
our pitches and just keep an open mind, you know,
尤其像雪碧这种 因为你知道
especiall with things like Spritt because, you know,
这道门现在大大地 向你敞开
the door is kind of wide open there right now.
他们已经... 他们已经准备好和你会谈了
And they're... they're ready to have that conversation with you.
过了这村没这店
And that door closes, I'Il just say.
好的
Yeah, okay.
晚上有什么计划吗
So, plans for the night?
哦 没有 我要赶早班飞机回去 所以...
Oh, no, I've got a realy flight back, so...
如果你想喝一杯 就告诉我
If you want to get a drink, just let me know.
如果方便的话 我可以过来找你
I can come near you, if that's easier.
他们安排你住Ace酒店 对吧
They have you at the Ace, right?
他们人很圩
They were so great.
他们很有一套
They really know their stuff.
他们会给我找个出版商
They're gonna set me up with a publisher
然后出版这本书
and get the book ro‖ing.
眭 太好了
Wow, that's great!
你现在只需把书写出来
Now you just have to write it.
是的 当然
Yeah, of course.
他们怎么说的
So, what did they say?
他们说我现在是世界上
They called me the most interesting person
最有趣的人
in the world right now.
-怎么了 -没什么
What? No, nothing.
我肯定这是句恭维话
I'm sure that's very flattering.
不 他们还特意强调
No, they specifically said
他们不是溜须拍马
they didn't just throw that around.
好吧
Okay.
我认为他们说这话并不只是想讨好我 珍妮特
I don't think they were just saying it to make me feel good, Janet.
他们己经和那些
they're already talking to big clients
想找我合作的大客户 谈过了
Who want to work with me.
比如谁
Like who?
比如 这只是一个例子
Like, I mean... well, and this isjust one example,
但他们提到了雪碧
but they mentioned Sprite.
雪碧 你要和雪碧合作
Sorite? You're gonna work with Sprite?
-珍妮特 -我马上来
Janet I'll be right there.
谁在那儿
Who's there?
克里斯
Chris.
明天是我们的最后期限
Our deadling is tomorrow,
所以我们在赶工
so we're just here finishing up.
好吧
Right.
孩子们呢
Where are the kids?
他们和凯尔出去玩了
They're out trick or treating with Kyle.
电影精选列表