好吧 所以你认为这是件神奇的事
Okay, so, you think something magical is happening?
不然为什么只有我
Well, why is itjust me?
为什么不是你 或者其他人
Why not you, or anyone else for that matter?
所以只要能证朋你很特别
So, you believe in metaphysics
你宁可相信玄学
if it proves you're special?
不
No.
我也不知道 我还在处理此事
I don't know, I'mstill processing it.
但那家伙只是个胡思乱想的妄想狂
But that guy was just some delusional man with his own wild idwas.
我觉得这种事不会反复发生
I don't think that's going to be a recurring event.
但为什么要冒这个险
But why risk it?
嗯 如果大家都认识我
Well, if people know who I am,
我就更容易迈出第一步
it's just easier for me to get my foot in the door.
你想迈出什么的第一步 保罗
Which door are we talking about here, Paul?
出版商 为了出版我想写的书
A publisher, for the book I want to write.
哦 好吧
Oh, okay.
我是不是嗅到了中年危机的气息
Am I sensing a little midlife crisís here?
哦 拜托
Oh, come on.
你前不久还买♥♥了辆川崎摩托
You're the one who just bought a fucking Kawasaki!
好的 谈定
Okay. Calm down.
-保罗 -嗨 是我
Paul? Hi, yes.
嗨 我是莫莉 他们已经在楼上等你了
Hi, I'm Molly. They're ready for you upstairs.
太好了
Great.
-怎么了 -没...没...没事
What? It...it... it's nothing.
不 说吧
No, come on.
在现实中见到你感觉怪怪的
It's just rea‖y weird to see you in real life.
哦 你一直...
Oh, you've been...
夜夜不间断
Nonstop every night.
很疯狂
lt's crazy, man.
眭哦 但愿我没有出格的表现
Wow. Well, I hope I'm behaving.
嗯 不 你可太出格了
Well, no, you're not. No, not at all.
保罗带到
Got Paul here.
-你来了 -我来了
There you are. Here I am.
保罗 我是特伦特 你好
Paul. Trent, hey.
我一直梦着这次见面
I have been dreaming about this meeting.
-啊 是的 我也是 -真的吗
Aw, yeah, me, too. Really?
哦 你是说真的做梦
Oh, you mean literally dreaming?
你知道 我真的做过关干这次见面的梦
You know, I've actually had dreams about this very meeting.
我只是把它们当做普通的梦
I mean, I just think they were just normal dreams.
所以我没有在意梦里的这个怪人是谁
Not part of the whole, who's this weird guy in my dreams?
噢 我很怪吗
Oh, uhm l'm weird?
你不怪 是整件事情很怪
No, I mean, you're not weird. No, the whole thing is weird, right?
莫莉的梦就很离谱
I mean, Molly's dreams have been nutsm
-特伦特 -如果你要说怪的话
Trent! If you wanna talk about weird.
这是我的同事 玛丽 - 威金斯
But this is my colleague, Mary Wiggins.
-你好 -你好 保罗
Hi. Hi, Paul.
请坐
Sit down.
-这里吗 -想坐哪几都行
Here? Wherever you want.
嗯
Yeah.
你好吗 过得怎么样
How are you? How's life?
嗯 呃 自从这些梦境开始
Well, uh, things have been pretty different
自从 你知道...事情就完全变样了
since, you know... since the dreams started.
多有趣啊
How fun is that?
真希望我是被大家梦到 的人
I mean, I wish I was the one people were dreaming about.
-我也是 -是啊
Me, too. Yeah.
不 这是...这是一件好事
No, it's... it's something.
嗯 我们...我们非常高兴你能来
Well, we're... We're just so excited to have you here.
哦 是的 我们真的很激动
Oh, yeah, we're really fired up.
嗯 走进这样的房♥间
Um, it's probably rea‖y ovenNhelming,
可能会让人不知所措
right, to walk into a room like this.
就像问 "这些人是谁”
It's like, "Who are these people?"
"我在这里做什么”
What am I doing here?"
也许我们该说回正题 聊聊工作
Maybe we should back up and just talk about what we do.
是的 今年早些时候我们创办了 "思想” 企业
Yeah, yeah, so, we started Thoughts earlier this year,
是一家新的经纪公♥司♥ 啊
so we're a pretty new agency. Ah.
我们主要关注网络名人
And we focus mostly online,
试图给品牌找一些非传统的名人
sort of trying to holistically pair brands
作为代言人
and more, shall we say, unconventional celebrities,
能理解吗
if that makes sense?
我觉得此时此刻
And I think of you, right now, in this moment,
保罗 你就是世界上最有趣的人
Paul, as the most interesting person in the world.
什么
What?
我说真的
I mean it, I mean it.
不 我们不是溜须拍马
No, we don't just throw that around.
不 我们绝对不是溜须拍马
No, we rea‖y don't throw that around.
保罗 你拥有的优势
I mean, the advantage that you have, Paul,
就是你的影响力并不...不局限于
is that your impact is... is not just tied
某个社会圈子
to any one social arena.
你不只是抖音上被人刷 到
I mean, you're not just famous for people on TikTok
或在 《纽约害》 里被人读到
or for people who read, say, the New Yorker,
你是出现在人们的睡梦中
you're in people's minds when they sleep.
这意昧着任何做梦的人
Which means that anyone who's dreaming,
都可能成为你的观众
you know, could be your audience.
多牛啊
How amazing is that?
谁还有这本事
Who can say that?
这样观众够多了吧
You know, is that a big enough audience?
是的
Yeah.
我们想出了一堆很棒的主意
So, you know, we've been brainstormmg a bunch of cool ldeas
想和你商量
that we want to talk about with you.
但在我们开始之前
But before we get into any of that,
我们想知道你有什么想法
we were just kind of curious what you're thinking, you know,
你想去哪里 想实现现什么目标
where do you wanna go, what do you want to achieve?
你有什么梦想
What are your dreams? what are your dreams?
嗯 我这几年来
Well, I've been meaning to write a book
一直想写本书
for a few years now.
奈何一直没时间
Just never found the time, som
好的 所以你是个作家
Okay, so, you're a writer?
太棒了
That's awesome.
我们...我们其实讨论过将你的终身改编权
You know, we... we talked about se‖ing
卖♥♥给一家电影公♥司♥
your life rights to a moVie studio, actua‖y.
哦 因为这件事的话题度很高
Oh, because with all the buzz around this,
我觉得我们能卖♥♥出六位数
I think we could probably get a sixfigure deal.
这还只是终身改编权
And that's just life rights.
-是吗 -是的
Really? Yeah.
-改编权 -对
Life rights? Yeah.
改编你生活故事的权利
The right to your life.
总之 有一些好苗头
Anyway, here's somewhere cool
让我们觉得这件事会有一个好的开端
that we thought might be a good place to start.
雪碧
Sprite.
雪碧
Sprite.
-雪碧 -对
Sprite? Yeah.
他们想让我们管理他们的社交账号♥
Yeah. Theym they want us to run their social.
我想那边一定有人疯了
I think somebody over there must have Iost their minds or something,
但他们确实做出了匪夷所思的决策
but they're down to go pretty with it.
所以我们觉得这样挺不错的
So, we thought it could be fun
如果他们在推特上发一张
if maybe they, like, Tweet a new photo of you
你拿着汽水罐的照片
every night holding a can, you know,
配上有趣的小标题
with a fun little caption,
让人们在脑海中
just to really manifest that connection
形成固有印象 并希望改变这一现象
in people's minds and to hopefully alter
哪怕暂时的也行
the phenomenon, at least temporarily,
让人们同时梦见你和产品
to make people dream about you and the product together.
多么棒的一件事啊
How amazing would that be, right?
如果我们搞不定
And if we couldn't figure that out,
我们可以一直暗示它成功了
we could always just suggest that it did work
围绕这一点写点段子
and we could build stories around that.
是的 没错
Yeah. Absolutely.
就算我们彻底失败了
I mean, if we fail altogether, then we...
那也是个有趣的故事
that's kind of a fun story, too.
我们试图让大家梦到雪碧
You know, like, we tried to make people dream about Sprite
但以失败告终
and it didn't work.
电影精选列表