好的 我会找到的 谢谢
Okay, good, I'll find it. Thank you.
你以前说你在你奶奶家长大时
You know, when you said you grew up in your grandma's house,
我真没想到是这样的
I wasn't expecting this.
谢谢
Thank you.
不 不 这是用来洗手的
Oh, no, no. Those are for your fingers.
-谢谢你 -谢谢
- Thank you very much. - Thank you.
有点过头了 我知道
A little bit much, I know.
这地方的确很棒
I mean, this place is gorgeous.
外面还有连绵的山地
And like the rolling green hills.
武装的守卫
I mean, there are armed guards out there.
还有一头大老虎
And a giant tiger.
好吧
Okay.
这是虎先生
That is Mr. Harimau.
我的曾祖父有一次跑进屋子里时
Now, my great-grandfather actually shot him
被吓得打了他一枪
when he ran into the house.
但是我和阿丝以前经常在它爪子下藏香烟
But Astrid and I, we used to hide cigarettes in his paws.
进去吗
Do you wanna head in?
其实我想先带你
Actually, I wanted to bring you over
去见见我妈妈
to my mum first.
来吧
Come on.
妈妈
Mum.
你得去做个头发了 太邋遢了
You need a haircut. So unkempt.
看上去一路劳顿累坏了
And you look tired from your trip.
我去让厨子给你做点凉茶
I'm gonna ask the cook to make you some herbal soup.
待会送到酒店
I'll send it to the hotel later.
妈妈 这是朱瑞秋
Mum, this is Rachel Chu.
天啊 见到你真高兴 杨太太
Oh, my gosh! I'm so happy to meet you, Mrs. Young.
还是应该说是叫阿姨
Or Auntie. Right?
我还在学该怎么说
I'm learning the lingo.
我也很高兴终于见到你了
I'm very glad to finally meet you, too.
很抱歉尼克的父亲不在场
And I'm sorry Nick's father couldn't be here.
他因为生意上的事去上海了
He was called to business in Shanghai.
我告诉瑞秋 爸爸一有事就会去
I told Rachel when duty calls, Dad answers.
就该这样
As it should be.
尼克告诉我你也是一名教授
Nick tells me you're a professor, too.
你教什么的
What do you teach?
我教经济的
Um, I teach economics.
她很聪明 她是纽约大学最年轻的老师
And she's brilliant. NYU's youngest faculty member.
经济学
So, economics...
听起来很难
Sounds challenging.
你的父母也都是教授吗
Are your parents academics as well?
不 我爸爸在我出生前就过世了
No. Well, my dad actually died before I was born,
我妈妈没有上过大学
and my mom didn't even go to college.
她移♥民♥到美国时
She actually hardly spoke any English
几乎都不会说几句英语
when she immigrated to the United States.
但是她工作和学习很努力
But she worked really hard, and she studied,
一边做服务生供我们家用
and she earned her real estate license
一边获得了她的房♥产许可证
while she was waiting tables to support us.
她现在经常说
Now, she likes to say
她是法拉盛顶级房♥地♥产♥经纪人
that she's Flushing's top real estate broker.
自强的女性 她肯定很为你自豪吧
Self-made woman. She must be so proud of you.
她知道我对我所做的事很有激♥情♥
Well, she knows that I'm passionate about what I do,
她一直以来就是这么教导我的
and she's always wanted that for me.
追求激♥情♥ 多么美式啊
Pursuing one's passion. How American.
你妈妈的思想非常开放
Well, your mother's very open-minded,
不像这里
not like here,
这里的父母一心就想
where parents are obsessed
塑造自己孩子的人生
with shaping the life of their children.
要进晚餐了
That's dinner.
去吧
Go ahead.
我马上上来
I'll be out in a minute.
瑞秋 见到你很高兴
Rachel, it was lovely meeting you.
谢谢你 我也是
Thank you. You, too.
好吧 她恨我
Okay, she hates me.
需要给她点熟络的时间
She takes a little minute to warm up,
-但是会好的 -一点时间
- but we'll get there. - A minute?
-尼克 瑞秋 -阿丝
- Nicki! Rachel! - Astrid.
很高兴见到你
Hey. Good to see you.
你来了 真是太好了
I'm so glad you could make it.
-迈克 -尼克
- Michael. - Nick.
阿丝 见到一张熟悉的面孔真是太好了
Astrid. So good to see a face I know.
这是我的丈夫 迈克
This is my husband, Michael.
见到你很高兴 我听说了不少关于你的事
Nice to meet you. Heard so much about you.
见到你很高兴 迈克
Nice to meet you, Michael.
大少爷回来了 尼克
Hey, the golden boy's back! Nick!
你肯定是瑞秋吧
And you must be Rachel.
我是陈阿迪 这是我妻子
I'm Edison Cheng. This is my wife.
-你好 我是 -她叫菲欧娜
- Hi. I'm... - Her name is Fiona.
你们应该见过阿丝公主
So I see you've already met Princess Astrid
和她的骑兵小人迈克了
and her little soldier toy-boy, Mikey.
迈克可是个科技创业大人物
You know, Mikey is a big-shot tech startup guy.
所以如果你忘记了密♥码♥
So if you forget your password,
就去找他吧
he's your man.
你是台♥湾♥塑料大亨朱氏家族的吧
So you're from the Taiwan plastic Chus, right?
我能给他脸上来一拳吗 就这一次
Can I punch him in the face? Just once.
排我后面
Take a number.
我就在我经常待的那个角落 要香槟吗
I'll be in my usual corner. Champagne?
谢谢
Thank you.
准备好带瑞秋去见恶狼们了吗
So, have you prepped Rachel to face the wolves?
瑞秋是纽约人
Rachel is a New Yorker.
她天天教那些零零后为生
She lectures millennials for a living.
我觉得她能应付我们的家人
I think she'll manage our family.
你太久没回来了
You've been away too long.
抱歉 时间到
Okay, sorry, time out.
你不是台♥湾♥朱氏的吗
So you're not from a Taiwan Chu family?
不是
Nope.
香港电♥信♥朱氏
Hong Kong telecom Chus?
不是
No.
马来西亚包装花生朱氏
Malaysian packing peanut Chus?
真的有这种企业吗
Is that really a thing?
-是的 到处都是 -我要打断你们了
- Yeah, it's everywhere. - I'm gonna stop you there
因为我要带她去转转了
because I'm gonna take her on the rounds.
-马上回来 -不 等等
- We'll be back, though. - No, wait. Hang on.
中国速食面朱氏 瑞秋
China instant noodle Chus. Rachel,
你是姓朱吧
Chu are you?
走吧
Ugh. Let's go.
这是阿莉克斯姨和费莉希蒂姨
This is Auntie Alix and Auntie Felicity.
见到你们很高兴
Hi! It's so nice to meet you.
我从来没有参加过探花派对
I've never been to a tan huaparty before.
我们喜欢以各种由头开晚宴
We love any excuse to throw a soiree.
你的父母喜欢娱乐活动吗
Do your parents like to entertain?
对不起 你妈妈寡居
Oh. I'm sorry. Your mother's single.
对
Yup.
杰奎琳姨
Auntie Jacqueline.
我父母的一个老朋友
One of my parents' oldest friends.
我是在剑桥认识尼克父亲的
I actually met Nick's father at Cambridge.
你父亲是干哪一行的
So, what line of work is your father in?
我父亲在我出生之前就过世了
Oh, my father died before I was born.
不过他之前在中国工厂干活
But he was a factory worker in China.
这是陈琳
This is Ling Cheh,
我的老保姆
my old nanny.
现在我们需要全部的人手
Look, now's the time we need all hands on deck.
拜托 拜托 帮我这个忙
Please, please, just do me this favor.
谢谢 再见
Thank you. Bye-bye.
他们开始准备晚餐了
They started clearing away dinner.
你最喜欢的
Your favorites.
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道如果你工作上需要帮助
You know if you need bodies at the office,
我随时能帮你的
I could always come in and help out.
高贵的梁阿丝
The glamorous Astrid Leong
电影精选列表