太可爱了
That's so cute.
-怎么样 -然后就把宝宝吃了
- How's that? - And then you eat the baby.
然后把宝宝煮熟了吃了
Then you eat the baby after he's cooked.
必须要煮熟
No, you gotta make sure he's cooked.
是你阿嬷教你的吗
Did your Ah Ma teach you that?
是的
She did.
我呢
I, on the other hand,
是我梅布尔伯祖母教我的
was taught by Grand-Auntie Mabel.
把肉毒杆菌毒素放在脸上
You put the Botox in the face,
然后捏 捏 捏
and then you pinch, pinch, pinch.
好了 瞧
Then, voila!
你们都是小时候就学包饺子了吗
Did you guys all learn when you were kids?
我们没得选
We didn't have a choice.
我们教你们 你们才会明白
We taught you so you'd know
要养大你们这群小猴子
the blood, sweat, and tears it took
需要付出多少血泪和汗水
to raise and feed you monkeys.
哪像那些白人
Not like the ang-mohs
给他们的孩子吃
microwaving macaroni and cheese
微波通心粉和奶酪
for their own children.
难怪他们孩子长大了
No wonder they put their parents
就把父母送进了养老院
in the old folks' home when they all grow up.
是吧
I know!
阿嬷说如果我们不把传统文化传承下去
Ah Ma says if we don't pass traditions down like this,
文化就会消亡的
they'll disappear.
上帝保佑 我们已经流失了一个中国古老传统
God forbid, we lose the ancient Chinese tradition
让你的孩子感到内疚
of guilting your children.
值得一学
It's totally worth it.
妈妈以前会带着一笼饺子
Mother used to wait for me after school
等我放学
with a nice basket of these.
我放学从来没吃到过饺子
Hey, I never got after-school dumplings.
那是因为福气阿姨
Well, that's because Auntie Felicity
在你放学时正在做微晶换肤术
was doing after-school microdermabrasion.
阿姨 这件衣服很贵的
Auntie, this is Dolce.
你会说广东话吗
You speak Cantonese?
不会
No, I don't.
看到你们这样我很高兴
It's just great seeing you guys all like this.
我小时候
When I was growing up,
家里只有我和妈妈 也很幸福
it was just me and my mom, which I loved.
但是我们没有这样一大家子人
But we didn't really have a big family like this.
感觉很温馨
It's really nice.
你真贴心 瑞秋
Oh, that's so lovely of you to say, Rachel.
有家人陪伴是我们的福气
We are all very lucky to have each other.
您的戒指很美 爱莉阿姨
That's a beautiful ring, Auntie Eleanor.
我前所未见
I've never seen anything like it.
尼克的父亲在求婚时为我打的
Nick's father had it made when he proposed to me.
真浪漫 你们是怎么认识的
That's very romantic. How did you guys meet?
他们是在剑桥认识的
Actually, they met at Cambridge.
他们同是法学院的学生
They were both studying law together.
我不知道您还当过律师
Oh, I didn't know you were a lawyer.
我没有 我们结婚的时候
I wasn't. I withdrew from university
我就退学了
when we got married.
我选择扶持丈夫经营生意
I chose to help my husband run a business
把持家庭
and to raise a family.
对于我来说 这是福分
For me, it was a privilege.
但你 可能会觉得这是老旧的观念
But for you, you may think it's old-fashioned.
你能来做客
It's nice you appreciate this house
跟我们大家一起包饺子很好
and us being here together wrapping dumplings.
但这不是一时兴起的事
But all this doesn't just happen.
我们都会以家庭为重
It's because we know to put family first,
而不是忙着追求激♥情♥
instead of chasing one's passion.
阿嬷
Ah Ma...
谢谢
Thank you.
尼克
Oh, Nick.
快过来坐下
Come and sit.
您好 我好像有点迷路了
Oh, hi. I think I'm a little lost.
这房♥子太大了
This house is pretty big.
很高兴我找到了你
I'm glad I found you.
我之前说的话对你不太公平
I am afraid that I've been unfair.
没有
Oh, no, you know what?
是我想当然了 对不起
I'm sorry I made an assumption.
我不是有意要冒犯您的
I didn't mean to offend you.
没关系
Not at all.
你问了戒指的事
You asked about my ring.
其实尼克父亲求婚时
The truth is Nick's father had it made
为我打了这个戒指
when he wanted to propose to me
是因为阿嬷不肯把家传戒指给他
because Ah Ma wouldn't give him the family ring.
我不是她心目中的儿媳首选
I wasn't her first choice.
说真的 我连第二都排不上
Honestly, I wasn't her second.
天啊 真对不起 我完全不知道
Gosh, I'm so sorry. I had no idea.
我家世不够好
I didn't come from the right family,
没有好的人脉
have the right connections.
阿嬷觉得我不能胜任
And Ah Ma thought I would not make
她儿媳的位置
an adequate wife to her son.
但是她现在显然已经想通了
But she came around, obviously.
这经历了很多年
It took many years,
而且她完全有理由担忧
and she had good reason to be concerned.
因为当时的我不懂这是多大的责任
Because I had no idea the work
需要付出多大的牺牲
and the sacrifice it would take.
我曾无数次地自问
There were many days when I wondered
我是否合格了
if I would ever measure up.
但这些年的经历
But having been through it all,
让我明白了一件事
I know this much.
你做的永远不够
You will never be enough.
我们该回去了 我不想让尼克担心
We should head back. I wouldn't want Nick to worry.
你还好吗
You all right?
嗯
Yeah.
我知道我妈有时候很难相处
I know my mum can be tough at times,
但她为了我什么都可以
but there isn't anything she wouldn't do for me.
我在阿嬷身边长大是有原因的
And there is a reason why I lived with Ah Ma growing up.
那是因为我妈妈知道阿嬷不那么喜欢她
It's because my mother knew she wasn't the favorite.
所以她让我在阿嬷身边长大 阿嬷就会喜欢我
So she let her raise me, so I would be.
那时候你还是孩子
You were just a kid?
是啊
Yeah.
外人可能很难理解
But it's hard to understand from the outside.
但她做了她觉得对我们家最好的一切
But she did what she thought was best for the family.
为了家里的每一个人
For everyone involved.
话说回来 我觉得我已经
Anyway, I think I've had enough with dumplings
把这辈子的饺子都吃了
for the rest of my life.
我们去干点什么
What should we do?
寿司 电影 你要做什么都可以
Sushi, movies, anything you like. Really.
慢着 什么
Wait, what?
她是说"你永远配不上我儿子"
Was she like, "You will never be good enough for my son"?
还是重点放在"你"
Or was it like, "You...
"你"永远配不上我儿子
"You will never be good enough for my son"?
我觉得是第二个
It's like the second one.
不过还要加上她的语气让我
Except for in a way that made me wanna cry
同时想吐又想哭
and puke at the same time.
老天 她真强悍
Gosh, she's so badass.
我敢打赌要是你说
You know, I bet if you told her
给你一百万你就离开尼克
you'd leave Nick for a million dollars,
她肯定会给你写支票 这里常有的事
she will write that check. They do that around here.
她看着我的眼光就像我什么也不是
And she looked at me like I was nothing.
一千万
Like a $10 million check.
她会给你的
I feel like she would do that.
我都不知道我该怎么办
I don't even know what I should do.
我不能告诉尼克 尼克很崇拜她
I mean, I can't even tell Nick because he worships her.
对 中国儿子觉得他们的妈妈
Yeah, Chinese sons think their moms
个个顶呱呱
fart Chanel No. 5.
那阿嬷呢 她也不喜欢你的脸吗
What about the Ah Ma? Does she hate your face, too?
没人说不喜欢我的脸
Okay, nobody said they hated my face.
电影精选列表