不是啦 是约翰就像一头受伤的羊
No, uh, John's like a sheep that's been injured.
我下面说的都是事实哦
And this is a real thing,
有时这种情况的确是会发生的
this really happens sometimes.
当一个牧羊人在他的牧场里
Sometimes when a shepherd finds a sheep
发现了一只受伤的羊时
that's been injured in his pasture,
他会把它举起来
he'll actually pick him up,
把它放到自己的脖子上
and he'll carry him around his neck.
为什么
Why?
这样那只羊就能听到他的心跳声 对吧
Well, so that the sheep can hear his heartbeat, right?
他们之间就会因此出现一种羁绊了
And the two can form a bond.
所以你是要把约翰放到你的脖子上吗
So you're gonna carry John around your neck?
呃 不完全是
Well, not literally.
我想我自己扼杀了这个比喻
I think I'm butchering this metaphor.
孩子们 你们爸爸要去医院了
You guys, your dad is going to the hospital
陪在约翰的旁边
to be by John's side.
这样一来他就能听到你♥爸♥爸的声音
That way he can hear your dad's voice
并且知道你们的爸爸爱他
and know that your dad loves him.
因为这是牧师们应该做的
'Cause that is what pastors do.
他们爱他们的教众
They love their people.
为什么你不能直接说出来呢
Why didn't you just say that?
就是啊
Like, yeah.
我不知道 不知道怎么说
I have no idea. I don't know.
你们俩应该刷牙去了
Why don't you go brush your teeth?
我觉得你们妈妈应该是个很合格的牧师
I think your mom should be the pastor, huh?
是的
Yup.
嘿 嘿 嘿 你们的盘子
Hey, hey, hey! Dishes?
我知道 对你们有点凶
Oh, I know. Ooh, so rough.
谢谢你们
Thank you!
怎么了
Hey. What?
如果约翰死了
If John dies...
这件事会把她击垮的
I mean, it's gonna destroy her.
她一直坚信他会活下来
She believes without a doubt that he'll survive.
汤米
Tommy.
你还好吗
How you doing?
你想说什么 头儿
What's on your mind, Chief?
大家都认为
The guys think that, uh...
可能你对于那个孩子发生的一切
maybe you're still a little shook up
心里还感到一些震惊
about what happened to the boy.
我知道我听到了什么
I know what I heard.
我相信你
I believe you.
那个湖远不止几英尺深
A few feet over...
大概有7米或更深 对吗
That lake is, like, 25 feet deep or more, right?
是的
Yeah.
像我们那么快找到他 可能吗
To find him like we did, that fast?
百万分之一
Million to one,
最好的情况下
best case.
你曾经经历过那样的事情吗
Anything like that ever happen to you?
没有
No.
好吧
Well...
我是这样想的
The way I figure it,
只有两种情况中的一个
it's either one of two things.
要么是我疯了
Either I'm nuts...
或者是上帝在和你说话
Or God's talking to you.
正是
Exactly.
不管哪种情况
In which case...
我都有一个很大的个人问题
I got a big personal problem.
什么问题
What's that?
我不信上帝
I don't believe in God.
乔伊丝认为
Joyce thinks that John
约翰会好好的走出这家医院
is gonna walk out of this hospital.
你是怎么想的
What do you think?
我有些怀疑
I have my doubts,
如果你是在问这个的话
if that's what you're asking.
有人这么说
That being said...
我认为是有可能的
I think it's possible.
我调查了很多溺水案例
I've been researching drowning cases,
有几百例
hundreds of them.
像约翰那种情况的没有一个活下来
No one in John's situation has ever survived.
我相信上帝
I believe in God.
但是像这样的事 结局也许只能这样了
But maybe that only goes so far with something like this.
老实跟你说
I'm gonna be honest with you.
我也不清楚上帝会对约翰做什么
I have no idea what God will do with John.
我的意思是 我不知道
I mean, I have no idea.
我现在能做的就是一直陪在
All that I know is that I'm supposed to walk
你和乔伊丝的身边
alongside you and Joyce right now.
现在最好的情况
Best case scenario...
就是我的儿子能够活下来但是大脑严重受损
is that my son leaves here severely brain-damaged.
你能接受吗
Could you handle that?
谢谢你 医生
Thank you, Doctor.
我认为我们应该把注意力
I just think we should be focused
集中在还有希望的病人身上 不是吗
on the patients we can actually help. Right?
这不是你我所能决定的 要听加勒特医生
That isn't your call or mine. It's Doctor Garrett's.
病人目前的这种情况
It is neurologically impossible
在神经学角度来说 是不可能恢复的
for the patient to change course at this point.
话虽如此
Be that as it may,
但我们的工作是满足病人的需求
our job is to meet the needs of the patient,
直到加勒特医生改变治疗方案
until Doctor Garrett changes course
或者病人逝去
or the patient expires.
但是脑血管扫描显示
But the cerebral blood flow scan
已经完全没有
shows complete absence of...
病人的名字叫约翰
The patient's name is John.
约翰·史密斯
John Smith.
你好 我是卢卢医生
Hello, I'm Doctor Lulu.
好
Yeah.
我和同事刚才只是在讨论你儿子的病情
My colleagues and I were just discussing your son's case.
我听到你们讨论的内容了
Oh, I heard what you were discussing.
我们以为只有我们在这
We thought we were alone.
你当然这么想
Of course you did.
但是我在这
But I'm here,
而且我的儿子现在就在你们面前
and my son is right in front of you.
他也能听到你们谈的 不管你们信不信
And my son can hear you whether you believe it or not.
所以从现在开始
So from now on,
我不想听到任何人
I don't want anybody
说任何关于他病情的负面猜测
saying anything negative about his prognosis
在这个房♥间里
in this room.
我们都要说约翰能够幸存下来
We will all speak life over John.
我说的你听懂了吗
Do I make myself clear?
史密斯女士 我们真的不是故意让你难过
Mrs. Smith, we really didn't mean to upset you.
我说 我说的话你听懂了吗
I said, do I make myself clear?
是的
Yes.
很好
Great.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
不好
No.
说实话 我的血糖很高
If I'm honest, my sugars are sky high,
而且头还很痛
and I have a pounding headache.
好吧 这很糟糕
Okay, that's not good.
是的
Yeah.
我得回家拿我的胰岛素 还有
I need to go home and get my insulin and I...
去吧
Go.
这交给布莱恩和我就行了
Look, Brian and I got this.
约翰的情况也稳定下来了
John's in stable condition.
也许你真的该休息一下了
Maybe you can actually get some rest.
好吧
Okay.
萨米
Sammy!
我想死你了
I've missed you.
你一定饿坏了吧
Oh, you must be starved.
我给你找点吃的
Let's get you something.
萨米已经喂过两次也溜过了
还给它准备了一周的食物
冰箱里还有些肉卷
爱你 读书俱乐部
嗨
Hey.
电影精选列表