所有人都在尽其所能挑战不可能
Everybody is doing their best in an impossible situation.
如果不是为了我 我们儿子早就死了
If it wasn't for me, our son wouldn't be alive right now!
乔伊丝
Joyce.
你是我妻子 我爱你
You're my wife. I love you.
但无论发生什么
But whatever happens,
我希望你都不要做出令自己后悔的事
I don't want you to regret how you acted here.
在我内心深处
In my heart of hearts,
我知道你也不想
I know that you don't want that either.
对他们那样也救不了儿子
Grinding people into the ground isn't gonna save our son.
我求求你记住自己的身份
I am begging you to remember who you are.
就算不为我
If not for me,
也为约翰着想
for John.
2015年1月21日
约翰出事42小时后
醒醒
Wake up.
亲爱的 该醒醒了
Honey, it's time to wake up.
乔伊丝 快醒醒
Joyce, wake up!
我妻子有糖尿病 她昏过去了
My wife is diabetic. I can't wake her!
叫辆救护车 我们快走
Okay. Call for a crash cart, let's go!
我需要帮助
Somebody give me a hand!
我这会儿好多了
I'm fine now.
昨晚可能吃了过量胰岛素
I think I just took too much of my insulin last night.
你陷入了糖尿病昏迷
You slipped into a diabetic coma.
医生 她的血糖升到了70
Her blood sugar is up to 70, Doctor.
谢谢你 护士
Thank you, Nurse.
看到了吧 我很好
See? I'm fine.
乔伊丝 你够了
Joyce, you coded!
我得见约翰
I need to see John.
你至少得休息8小时
You need to rest for at least eight hours.
我想跟我儿子待在一起
I want to be with my son.
我不是在征求你的意见 乔伊丝
I'm not asking, Joyce.
你患有1型糖尿病
You have Type 1 diabetes.
你由于情绪激动导致脱水
You're dehydrated, emotionally fried,
而且你好几天没睡觉了
and you haven't slept for days.
你为了约翰也得歇一会
I need you here for the long haul for John.
8小时不可能 最多3小时
Three hours, not eight. Best and final.
乔伊丝五小时内 不要让我看到你去那
Joyce, I catch you in that room in less than five hours,
否则我会强制让你离开医院的
I'll have you involuntarily committed and taken across the street.
-你不会的 -他会的 我同意了
- You wouldn't. - He would, with my blessing!
乔伊丝 五个小时
Five hours, Joyce.
算好时间
Make 'em count.
现在真不是个好时机
It's really not a good time right now.
乔伊丝 我知道
Yeah, I know, Joyce.
所以我才来这儿
That's why I'm here.
说一下你对我的看法
What you must think of me.
你知道吗
You know what?
我觉得你是最凶猛的熊妈妈
I think you are the fiercest mama bear
没人比得上你
that I've ever known.
约翰怎么样了
How is John?
他情况很稳定
He's stable.
在我18岁时
So when I was 18,
我把我的第一个儿子送养了
I gave my first son up for adoption.
我还没准备好养他
I wasn't ready,
我自己的生活也是一团糟
and my life was such a mess.
我永远都不会原谅自己
I've never forgiven myself.
我放不下
I can't let it go.
我回不到过去也无法弥补
I can't go back. I can't fix it.
所以我告诉约翰怎么花他的零用钱
So I tell John how to spend his allowance.
布莱恩应该系什么样的领带
Brian what tie he should wear.
我坚持把我们的狗命名为萨米
I insisted on naming our dog "Sammy" for crying out loud.
约翰和布莱恩想叫它尤达
John and Brian wanted "Yoda."
这名字听起来太蠢了
It's a pretty stupid name.
谢谢你
Thank you.
还有你 我还是想帮你修头发
Oh, and you, I still wanna fix your hair.
我一生中一直在
My whole life, I have not stopped
试图控制结果
trying to control the outcome.
但这不是我能控制的 对吗
I can't control this, can I?
乔伊丝 你为什么不全然交给上帝呢
Joyce, why don't you let God handle it?
看来你又被允许上楼了
Well, looks like you're allowed back upstairs again.
是啊
Yeah.
如果你不介意的话 我要
Um, if you don't mind, I'm just gonna...
出去喘口气
get a breath of fresh air outside.
行 我跟他们说
Okay, I'll tell everyone.
好的
Okay.
我知道您爱约翰
And I know that You love John,
就像我爱他一样
just as much as I do.
甚至比我更爱
Maybe more.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我是个
I am a...
我是个心碎的
I am a broken,
绝望的
desperate,
但内心很骄傲的女人
woman full of pride.
但是我明白
But I get it.
我必须得放手了
I have to let him go.
我知道您爱我
I know You love me.
不管您为约翰 布莱恩 还有我自己
Whatever You have,
有什么样的安排
for John, for Brian, for me,
我认输 认输
I surrender. I surrender.
布莱恩 一切还好吗
Brian, is everything okay?
不太好
I don't think so.
约翰现在高烧40度
John's fever just hit 104.
异丙酚 广泛应用于临床各科麻醉及重症病人镇静
约翰已经注射了整整两天的异丙酚
Now, John's had two full days of propofol.
但这种药最多只能连续使用24小时
And it's only meant to be taken at most for 24 hours.
我想这就是他发烧的原因
I think that's why his fever's spiking.
是你说需要用异丙酚
You said the propofol was needed
让约翰保持持续昏迷
to keep John in an induced coma.
没错
That's right.
我们别无选择 只能让他保持深度昏迷
We had no other choice but to keep him deeply sedated.
我对这场高烧的担忧
My concern now, with this raging fever,
是异丙酚
is that the propofol
和我们给他服用的重度抗生素
and the heavy-duty antibiotics we're giving him,
会造成永久性器官损伤
will cause permanent organ damage.
那就把他叫醒
Then wake him up.
什么
Excuse me?
把约翰叫醒
Wake John up.
帮他停掉所有治疗
Take him off of everything
让我们的儿子自己与生命抗争
and let our son fight for his life.
你刚说他服用的这些药物
You just said these things that he's on
使他情况恶化
are making him worse.
即使约翰醒过来
And even if John wakes up,
我们清楚他可能永远无法♥正♥常生活
we know he'll probably never live a normal life.
没错
That's right.
好的
Okay.
所以我们把他叫醒
So we wake him up.
好的
Okay.
我们将让他停用所有药物
Let's start tapering him off all medication.
明天早上 我们把他叫醒
Tomorrow morning, we wake him up.
我想我们需要帮助
I think we need to ask for help.
所有我们能获得的帮助
All the help that we can get.
我们今晚得知约翰需要
We're hearing tonight that another miracle
另一场奇迹
is needed for John.
他仍在昏迷中
He is still in a coma,
他仍在与生命抗争
and he is still fighting for his life.
乔伊丝·斯密斯
Joyce Smith,
约翰的母亲
John's mother,
无法离开他儿子
was unable to leave her son's side.
但他们的家庭牧师杰森·诺贝尔
But the family's pastor, Jason Noble,
今晚就在我的旁边
is joining me here tonight,
他想代表这个家庭
with something he'd like to say
说几句话
on the family's behalf.
杰森
电影精选列表