I'm not doing it.
我不同意
Come on. Why else you think
they got two girls on such a big story?
拜托 不然你以为他们为什么 让两个女人负责这么大的新闻
I don't do stunt reporting.
Tell 'em I'm not doing it.
我不做噱头报道 告诉他们我不同意
Tell 'em yourself.
I don't make the rules around here.
你自己告诉他们吧 规矩又不是我定的
Record American.
《美国人纪录报》
You're gonna let that asshole bother you?
你要让那个混♥蛋♥来烦你吗
You don't mind being called a fluke?
By that jackass?
你不介意别人说你是侥幸成功吗
让那个混♥蛋♥这么说
Let 'em sell their papers. You still got
the biggest story in the city.
让他们好好卖♥♥报纸去吧
你仍然手握本市最大的新闻
Five women have been strangled
over the past three months.
过去三个月里 五名女性被勒死
By number and by nature,
these stranglings are beyond anything
不管在数量还是犯罪性质上
这些勒杀案件
ever seen before
in the criminal history of the city.
在本市犯罪史上都是绝无前例
The murders are clearly premeditated.
All elderly.
这些谋杀显然是有预谋的
所有上了年纪的女人...
双结
All lived alone. It's a pattern.
都是独居 这是一种作案模式
The crimes themselves are insane.
这几起犯罪丧心病狂
He ransacks the apartments
but doesn't take anything.
他把公♥寓♥翻得乱七八糟 但什么都没带走
He leaves his victims posed
with a bizarre air of ceremony,
他让受害者摆出奇怪的姿势
像是某种仪式
each left with a decorative garrote
around her neck.
每位死者脖子上都挂着一个
蝴蝶结样式的绞颈索
In every case,
there is no evidence left behind,
每件案子里 都没有留下任何证据
no clue as to how he selects his victims.
也没有线索表明他是如何挑选受害者
幽灵继续谋杀狂欢
他似乎来去自如
光天化日之下犯下滔天罪行
He seems to come and go as he pleases,
committing his crimes in broad daylight.
It's highly organized behavior.
这是极有计划性的行为
Probably escalated over time,
and now he's lost control.
可能会随着时间升级 他现在已经失控了
Barriers are down.
He'll almost certainly repeat.
障碍消失了 几乎可以肯定他会再次作案
What's this?
这是什么
This is all for you two.
都是写给你们俩的信
"I'm one of the many who can't sleep.
“我是众多的失眠者之一”
I find myself awake all night and too
frightened to leave during the day."
“我发现自己夜不能寐 白天不敢出门”
"Every day is an eternity,
every night a horror.
“每一个白天都无比漫长
每一个夜晚都令人恐惧”
Nobody knows what a woman alone feels."
“没有人懂一个独居女性的感受”
女性勒杀狂连环杀人案引发反响
"No one knows fear as we know it."
“没有人如我们一样了解恐惧”
There is but one answer.
The Boston Phantom...
只有一个答案 波士顿幽灵
The Boston Strangler must be caught.
波士顿勒杀狂必须被绳之以法
Guess he's got a name now.
看来他现在有名字了
Shit.
可恶
Mmm.
Thanks.
谢谢
So, uh, how'd you become Holland's girl?
He poach you from one of the other papers?
你怎么成了霍兰德的手下
被他从别的报社挖过来的吗
He got me a job
when I graduated high school.
我高中毕业后 他给我了一份工作
I was working at a lunch counter
down by the courthouse.
我当时在法♥院♥附近的一个小吃店工作
He covered a trial
the summer before my senior year.
我上高三前的那个夏天
他报道了一次庭审
I got to know him pretty well, and so he
offered to get me a job when I turned 18.
我跟他混熟了 所以我满18岁时 他给了我一份工作
Back then, just living through the day
was an accomplishment.
那个时候 能活下去就是一种成就
I wore my school clothes when they first
sent me out on assignments.
他们第一次派我去执行任务时
我是穿着校服去的
I didn't have money for anything else.
我没钱买♥♥其他东西
Holland took pity on me
and lent me money for a new suit.
霍兰德可怜我 借钱给我 让我买♥♥了一套新衣服
I never wanted to let him down after that.
自那之后 我就没想过让他失望
I learned to hold my own,
我学着靠自己
and he started sending me out
on bigger and bigger stories,
他开始派我去调查越来越大的新闻
and it just became my life.
这就成了我的生活
I really can't imagine
doing anything else.
我真的想象不出来我还能做什么
It's crazy to think your whole life
can turn on a chance encounter.
一次偶然的相遇能改变人的一生
真是不可思议
My senior year, I, uh--
I lined up with all the other girls
我高三那年 我...我和其他女生一起排队
to register for nursing school.
报名护理学院
But my English teacher, Mrs. Welker,
she-- she pulled me out of the line
但我的英语老师韦尔克太太
她把我从队伍里拉出来
and had me apply for a scholarship
to go to college.
让我申请了上大学的奖学金
And that was it.
就是这样
I'd be changing bedpans
if it wasn't for her.
如果不是她 我现在会在换便盆
Thank God for Mrs. Welker.
感恩有韦尔克太太
Hello?
喂
Hey, it's Jean.
Hey.
是我 珍
你好
They found another victim.
It was a young girl this time.
他们又发现了一个受害者
这次是个年轻姑娘
I'll come in now.
我这就过去
What was that?
什么事
Oh.
Another woman turned up. I've gotta go in.
凶手又作案了 我得过去
You gotta be kidding me.
It's New Year's Eve for Christ's sakes.
你在开玩笑吧 今天是新年前夜 拜托
Who's gonna take your mother home?
谁送你母亲回家
I can take her now, I guess.
我可以现在就送她回家
Go. I'll deal with it.
去吧 我来处理
Mom had to go to work.
妈妈得去工作
There's Joe.
乔伊在那里
Hey, hey, asshole. Come on. Come on.
嘿 混♥蛋♥ 别拍了
That's enough.
够了
That guy came to my door earlier today.
那个人今天早些时候来敲我的门
He said he was here
to paint the apartment, so I let him in.
他说是来粉刷公♥寓♥的 我就让他进来了
All of a sudden, he tells me I'm pretty
and asks me if I thought about modeling.
突然间 他说我很漂亮 还问我有没有想过做模特
I got nervous,
told him my husband was home.
我很紧张 告诉他我丈夫在家
I pretended to go back and get him,
and when I came back, he was gone.
我假装去叫他 等我回来后 他就不见了
What time was this?
当时是什么时间
Uh, this afternoon. Three o'clock.
今天下午 三点
Could you describe him for me?
你能给我描述一下他吗
Uh, normal. White guy, dark hair.
普通人 白人男性 黑发
He had workman's clothes on.
他穿着工人的衣服
He just looked regular.
他的样子很普通
She doesn't fit the pattern.
她不符合他的作案模式
To switch from all elderly women
to a young girl is unheard of.
没听说过从老年女性转向年轻女性的情况
When these guys establish a type,
这些人所形成的作案模式
it usually comes from a trauma
that's been years in the making.
通常都来自多年来慢慢形成的心理创伤
It doesn't just change all of a sudden.
不会突然改变
How sure are you?
你有多确定
That's the going theory
with this type of killer.
这种类型的凶手一般都是这样
But no one really knows.
但谁说得准呢
神出鬼没的凶手专找容易进入的大楼下手
Did you know they were gonna do this?
你知道他们会这么做吗
You really think this is smart?
With that lunatic still out there?
你真觉得这样明智吗
毕竟那疯子依然逍遥法外
I don't know what to say. All right?
我不知道该说什么 好吗
Stanley was supposed to shoot
the damn crime scene.
本该是斯坦利拍摄犯罪现场照片
Hello?
喂
Hello?
喂
电影精选列表