在码头上出现 尼尔
set a hoof on that wharf, Neil.
这就是你要孩子做男人工作的下场
But that's what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.
去查查她明晚是不是要去舞会
Now, find out if she's going to the ball tomorrow night.
我会亲自关注的
I'll take care of it myself.
大家都得到了想要的
So everybody get what they want.
人人都高兴
Everybody happy.
女主人要把远东牧场卖♥♥掉...
Mrs. Boss is gonna sell Faraway Downs...
回英格兰去
and go back to England.
嘘
Shh.
这就对了 好女孩
That's it. Good girl.
卓佛 得到了他想要的马 摩羯座
Drover, he get'em that horse, Capricornia.
就这样 乖女孩
That's it. Good girl.
除了我 人人都高兴
Everybody happy, except for me.
因为我不是白人
'Cause I not white fella.
也不是原住民
I not blackfella either.
我是混血儿
Me half-caste.
"奶油"
Creamy.
我什么都不是
Me belong no one.
好女孩
Good girl.
后退 后退 很好
Back, back, back. Back. Good.
放松 很好 对
Easy, easy. Good, good. That's it.
我的好女孩 很好 嘘 嘘
That's a good girl. That's it. Shh, shh, shh, shh.
你对马真有一套
You really do have a gift with horses.
起来
Up. Up.
你变样了
You look different.
我明晚将是竞拍的赞助人
I've agreed to be patroness at the ball at Government House tomorrow night.
嗯? 然后呢?
Yeah? And?
卓佛 我-
Drover, I-
我要完成麦特兰的事业...
I'm going to finish what Maitland set out to do...
我要让远东牧场起死回生
and I am going to bring Faraway Downs back to life.
我不跟你去
I don't follow you.
这工作很不错 我需要个经理
Well, this is perfect. I'm going to need a manager.
我认为...
Well, I thought that...
这工作很适合你
it would be a good job for you.
不管怎样 我差点忘了 我给你准备了西装
Anyway, I almost forgot something. I got a suit for you.
哇 哇 停下 别这样 - 哪样?
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop. Don't do that. - Do what?
当你满脑子都是主意的时候
The thing you do when you get a head full of ideas.
像是穿越库拉曼沙漠? - 别这样 伙计
Like crossing the Kuraman? - Come on, mate.
你不知道你说的是什么 管理牧场? 经理?
You don't know what you're talking about. Running a station? Manager?
我是牛仔 明白吗? 没人雇我 没人炒我
I'm a drover. All right? No man hires me, no man fires me.
那你不想去舞会? - 舞会?
So you don't want to go to the ball? - Ball?
莎拉
Sarah.
我在那儿像黑人暴徒
I'm as good as black to that mob up there.
我和流氓混 不是和勋爵夫人
I mix with dingoes, not- not duchesses.
他们不管我 我也不想掺和他们
They keep out of my way, and I keep out of theirs.
这就是生活
That's the way it is.
但你也不一定必须这样啊
Just because it is doesn't mean it should be.
但这就是这样
But that's the way it is.
振作点 小伙子
Cheer up, little fella.
你和那个中国人带我去看电影吧
You and that Chinaman gonna take me out on a big night at the pictures.
怎么去?
How?
你不能带个混血儿去看电影
You can't take half-caste to picture show.
治安官会抓他的! - 他不会再是混血了
Coppers take him! - He won't be half-caste.
他有权去那里
He got every right to be there.
我们有魔法
We use magic.
你有权去
You got every right to be there.
因为你很特别
'Cause you're a special boy.
他是个很特别的男孩
He's a special boy.
没人能阻止你 没人
Nobody gonna stop you from going. Nobody.
Somewhere
Over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams
That you dare to dream
Really do come true
你真好 阿什莉女士...
How good of you, Lady Ashley...
关心贝克博士的任务
to take an interest in Dr. Barker's work on the mission.
实际上主管 我更关心人性
Well, actually, Administrator, my interest is of a more personal nature.
我得说 阿什莉女士-
I must say, Lady Ashley-
真好 - 对不起?
Smashing. - Would you excuse me?
在达尔文市的名人中
Amongst the leading lights of Darwin.
我希望你能介绍我给贝克博士
I was wondering if you could introduce me to Dr. Barker.
莎拉? - 噢 达顿上尉
Sarah? - Ah, Captain Dutton.
阿什莉女士 我就把你交给达顿上尉
Lady Ashley, I'll leave you in the capable hands of the captain.
我想他会很乐意介绍你给贝克博士的
I'm sure he would be happy to introduce you to Dr. Barker.
我想和你谈谈 - 她丈夫尸骨未寒...
I want to talk to you. - Her husband barely in the grave...
就搭上了上尉
and there she is cavorting with the captain.
他母亲也死了 - 还有那身裙子
His mother has passed away. - And that dress.
是啊 投标应该会很精彩
Yes. Bidding should go through the roof.
他还小 需要人照顾
He is a little boy. He needs someone to look after him.
莎拉- - 我很想和贝克博士谈谈
Sarah- - I'm desperate to speak to Dr. Barker.
我要收养他 他们迟早会带他走
I'm going to adopt him. It's only a matter of time before they take him away.
收养土著孩子比你想的更麻烦
Adopting an Aboriginal child is much more complicated than you realize.
尼尔! 过来 我想和阿什莉女士谈谈
Neil! Come on. I want to talk with Lady Ashley.
啊 这会儿不 等一会儿亲爱的
Yeah. No. We will later, love.
我不介意你在拍卖♥♥中投她 我不会嫉妒的
I don't mind if you bid for her in the auction tonight. I won't be jealous.
她是灵感女神 - 是啊 总是充满惊喜
She's an inspiration. - Yeah, she's full of surprises.
但我确定 博士 孩子们和关心他们的人一起生活...
But surely, Doctor, life on the station with people who care for these children...
比住在政♥府♥慈善机构里更好
is far better than life on a government institution.
噢 拍卖♥♥开始了
Oh. The auction.
我们仁慈的赞助者 阿什莉女士!
Our gracious patroness, Lady Ashley!
布拉沃!
Bravo!
现在第一段舞蹈的竞拍-
Now, for the auction of the first dance-
混血儿会搅乱原住民的纯正血统
The mixed-race children must be dislocated from the primitive, full-blood Aborigine.
谁第一个? - 我出五磅
Do I hear a first bid? Please. - Five pounds here.
五磅! - 不然怎样才能洗掉土著的血液?
Five pounds! - How else are we to breed the black out of them?
我对我老婆出价都比这高! 记住 这是为了慈善募捐
I bid more than that for a dance with Mrs. Allsop! Remember, it's for the mission.
有多少人问过母亲的感受?
Has anyone asked their mothers how they feel about this?
阿什莉女士 拜托 - 再来竞争 有人愿意出二十磅吗?
Lady Ashley, please. - For the war effort, do I hear 20 pounds?
科学证实土著母亲会很快忘记孩子
It's a fact of science that the Aboriginal mother soon forgets her offspring.
五十磅! - 五十镑!
Fifty pounds! - Fifty pounds!
七十镑! - 九十五镑!
Seventy pounds! - Ninety-five!
没有母亲会忘记自己的孩子 贝克博士
No mother forgets her child, Dr. Barker.
阿什莉女士! - 这太不和时宜了
Lady Ashley! - This is most inappropriate.
一百镑!
100!
新纪录 - 我们没法好好问他们的父亲 对吧?
That is a new record. - We can't very well ask their fathers, can we?
你怎么敢这样说? - 一百镑一次!
How dare you? - Going once!
或许我们就该问 - 一百镑两次!
Or perhaps we should. - Going twice!
毕竟他们都在这里 - 说谎!
After all, they're right here in this room. - That's a lie!
五百镑!
500 quid!
五百镑!
500 pounds!
这可真是
Well, indeed.
如果不是那个-
If it isn't the man who-
几乎独♥立♥...
almost single-handedly...
经营澳大利亚牛肉业...
made the Australian beef industry...
到现在的男人
what it is today.
卡尼牛畜公♥司♥的卡尼大王先生
Mr. King Carney of the Carney Cattle Company.
为了大家的利益
For the benefit of the missions.
没什么好说的了...
Well, there's nothing more to say...
让卡尼大王收下他的礼物吧
but let the king take his prize.
能让我照一张吗? 笑一个 - 噢
Can I get a picture, please? Smile. - Ah.
我很遗憾 阿什莉女士听到...
Let me say, Lady Ashley, just how sorry I was...
你丈夫死于野蛮人之手...
to hear of your husband's death...
的消息
at the hands of that wild savage.
野蛮人 是的 卡尼先生...
A savage, yes, Mr. Carney...
但你我都知道 我丈夫不是被土著人杀死的
but you and I both know that my husband was not killed by an Aborigine.
不 我不知道
No, I did not know that.
或许你该问弗莱彻先生
Perhaps you should ask Mr. Fletcher.
你是在指控他吗? - 没法证明
Are you making an accusation? - Not one I can prove.
生意上我很幸运
In business, I've been fortunate.
家庭上 我就差了些
In family, a little less so.
电影精选列表