Are you from here? - Yeah.
我来自奥勒松
I'm from Alesund.
你听说过吗
You heard of that? -
抱歉你的名字叫什么来着
Sorry, what was your name again?
一爱德华
E. 莱缪尔
- Edward. - E. Lemuel.
我在邮箱上看到的
I saw it on the mailbox.
我叫英格丽德我有说过吗
I'm Ingrid. Did I say that?
那是你的母亲吗
Is that your mom?
对
Yeah.
这个是你吗
Is that you?
Yes.
一她还活着吗一不
Is she alive? - No.
所以你是做什么工作的
So, what do you do?
听我刚刚在切洋葱
Well, I.. I was just cutting some onions.
你是个作家
You're a writer.
哦那是我在街上捡来的
I found it on the street.
真的吗看起来很值钱
Really? Looks valuable.
他们嘲弄我求我把脸露出来
" They taunt me and beg me to show my face,
只为在我露出脸的时候
"only so that when I do,
故作惊恐地四散而逃
"they can turn away in horror.
这是什么
What's that?
我我只是在测试这台打字机
I.. I was just testing it out.
很有趣
It's interesting.
其实我是个剧作家
Actually, I'm a playwright.
我是个演员
I act.
真想不到
Amazing.
我在努力回忆是否在哪部作品里见过你
I'm trying to think if I've, seen you in anything.
咂不太可能
Not... Not likely.
好吧也许我们可以一起走向辉煌
Well, may be we'll ride to glory together.
也许吧
May be.
你认识我这间公♥寓♥的上一任住户吗
Do you know who lived in my apartment before me?
C. 普拉斯基-是的
C. Pulaski? -Yeah.
他有时候会过来
借一下洗衣液
some laundry detergent.
是个老头可能是夫
Old guy. Widower, may be.
他去世了吗-我不知道
Did he die? -I didn't..
我不知道他已经听去世了
I didn't know he was, gone.
我过来不是说这个的
Actually, this is not why I came over.
但既然提到了我能借点洗衣液吗
But can I borrow some laundry detergent?
好没问题
Yeah. Yeah, sure.
可以吗一没问题我
好
Um, yeah.
你在学吹口哨?
You learning to whistle?
总的来说一切看起来都比较稳定
All in all, things look relatively stable.
最后我们需要看一下
Eventually, we'll have to take a look
你左眼上方的增生
at the growth over your left eye.
你的视野受到了明显的影响
Your vision is noticeably impacted?
我已经适应了
I've adjusted.
这样的话两年左右都不需要动手术
This makes it two or so years without surgery.
你需要喘口气一好的
Much needed respite. - Yeah.
我们争取三年吧
Let's aim for three years.
但我必须实话实说
But I must be frank that sooner or later,
你的视力迟早会衰退
the eye will become debilitating.
至于胆脂瘤
As for the cholesteatoma,
我想我们应该挖进去把瘤弄出来
I think we should go in and get that thing out.
但目前瘤对于听力的损伤很小
But the hearing loss is minimal
所以我们可以拖一阵子再处理
so we can probably sit on it for a bit.
其他几个肿瘤显示有轻微增大
Several other tumors have shown minor enlargement,
但没有对身体的重要部位产生冲击
but no impingement on any important structures.
所以这些留意一下即可
So, just some things we have to keep an eye on.
关.注.公.众.号♥.单.调.资.源.获.取.更.多.资.源.实.时.同.步.更.新
我说这些是为了让你对未来的情况有所了解
I mention this so that you have an idea
而不是说这些东西第一次出现在你身上
of the road ahead, not that it's news to you.
但现在出现了一个新的选择
But an alternative path has presented itself
我的一位同事尤金·弗莱克斯纳
A colleague of mine, Eugene Flexner,
有着高超的医术
rather distinguished,
目前正在寻找患者
is on the lookout for patients,
就像你这样的患者
a patient like you,
来进行试验性的药物实验
for an experimental drug trial.
我们这一行的人很反感使用"治愈"这个词语
This drug seems to have the potential to be,
但是这种药看起来确实有潜力
words like heal and cure are an anathema
治愈你的症状
to folks in my profession, but to actually heal you,
甚至于彻底治好你
completely, even.
这次的研究会对你的人生造成重大影响
The implications are life changing for you.
我不该承诺太多
I shouldn't over promise anything
因为我记得这应该还是首次试验
because it's the first trial I believe.
也许任何潜在的风险都会有相应潜在的回报
Perhaps any potential risk is worth the potential reward?
考虑一下吧
Something to think about.
嘿邻居
Hey, neighbor.
送给你的乔迁礼物感谢你修好我的门
Housewarming, for the door.
这不是你母亲送给你的吗
Didn't your mother give that to you?
不我我在街上捡来的
No, I... I found it on the street.
好好吧
Right. Okay.
我正想摆脱掉它恰好你是个剧作家
I just wanna get rid of it, and you're a play writer.
是的但是你本可以用它换些钱的
Yeah, but you could probably get some cash for it.
不如给我写一段
Write me a part.
哈哈
Yes. Right.
我马上就去开玩笑的但感谢你
I'll get right on that. No, but thank you.
这是份大礼你很慷慨
It's, very heavy, generous.
感谢
Thank you.
嘿
Hey!
一嘿老兄一你好这是我的邻居
Hey, man. - Hello. That's my neighbor.
进来吧再次感谢
Come in. Thank you again.
不客气一感谢
Yep. - Thank you.
我的老天
Jesus Christ.
除了世界上最美丽的女人
Whom else would I love but the most beautiful woman
我还会爱谁呢当然
in the world? Of course.
所有女人中最漂亮的
The most beautiful of all women.
最迷人的最聪慧的
The most captivating, the most intelligent.
有时在蓝色的夜幕下
Sometimes in the blue shadows of evening,
我的心会充满温情
give way to tender feelings.
我走进花♥园♥
I go into a garden,
用我丑陋的怪物一般的鼻子
smelling the fragrance of spring
嗅闻春天的芬芳
with my poor monstrous nose,
我看到一对男女
and I watch a man and a woman,
一起在月光下漫步
strolling together under the moonlight,
我想到我也是多么渴望
and I think how I too,
能够和女士在月光下手挽着手
would like to be arm in arm with a woman under the moon.
我任思绪将我带走
I let myself be carried away.
我忘记了自我
I forget myself.
然后我
And then I...
突然看见了
suddenly see the shadow of my...
我在花♥园♥墙上的侧影
profile on the garden wall.
尽管很悲哀但这已不足以令人惊讶
Sad as it is, it will come as no surprise.
在生活中的绝大多数方面
Attractive people are the winners
赢家往往都是颜值出众的人
in most areas of life,
在工作中也不例外
and the workplace is no exception.
当你看见这样的一张脸时
You're likely to be startled or perturbed
你很有可能会感到吃惊和不舒服
when you see a face like this.
你可能会目瞪口呆
You might stare tactless ly,
或者完全相反将视线移开
or on the contrary, avert your gaze,
哪怕你总体来说是个善良的人
even if you're generally a kind person
这些不舒服的感觉可能在反复接触
These uneasy feelings may diminish or subside
你的这些长相与众不同的同事后
after repeated exposure
有所减弱或消退
to your facially different coworker.
当你有这些反应的时候不要太苛求自己
Be gentle with yourself for having these reactions.
我们对于自己的
We have no control over the fight
爬行动物脑
"产生的战斗或逃跑反应
or flight responses of the reptilian part
毫无控制能力
Of our brains.
人类是成熟且富有同情心的生物
But as developed, empathetic beings
我们可以采取一些策略
there are strategies we can adopt
让自己变得更具包容性
电影精选列表