Why can't it just be him?
为什么她要把他理想化变成另外一个人
Why does she have to idealize him so he's somebody he isn't?
我说实话盖
Well, frankly, Guy,
为了保留你的戏份
to keep you in the play.
听着我很不好受
Look, this is hard for me,
但我真的想让奥斯华当爱德华
but I really need Oswald to be Edward,
而如果你不参与
and he refused unless there was
他就不答应因为他在乎你
a part for you, because he loves you
他不想完全替代你
and he didn't want it to be like he was replacing you.
你该谢谢奥斯华
You should really be thanking Oswald.
这是我的决定
This is my decision.
我得求着他来这不是针对你盖
I had to beg him to do it. Look, it's not you Guy.
是这些·····面具化妆
It's... It's the whole... The mask, the makeup.
都是一团糟而奥斯华又是
It's a total bust. And Oswald, I mean.
英格丽德非要我来
Ingrid insisted.
我得承认这看起来确实是
And I have to admit, this does feel like
一个难得的机会
a uniquely rare opportunity
可以说我注定要演这么一个角色
for a role that I was arguably born to play
你太低估自己了你能演哈姆雷特
You're selling yourself short. You could play Hamlet
这样奉承我
She's such a canny director,
她真是个狡猾的导演
flattering me like that.
说实话盖我们之前
Frankly, Guy, we've been making
一直在修改你要背新台词
all these changes and you've been having
一直不好过
a hard time, memorizing your new lines.
我没有不好过我
I haven't. I just...
一我在适应一奥斯华则是
It's a process. -Whereas, Oswald,
过目不忘
has photographic memory.
我确实过目不忘
mean, sure I have photographic memory,
但这对目前的情况
technically, but will that come in handy
有帮助吗? 一你已经记住台词了
in this situation? -You already know your lines
就算我记住了台词我能演戏吗?
I know my lines, sure, but can I act?
这才是问题所在一你可以的他可以
That is the question. -You can. He can.
你看过的我们都看过
You've seen it. We've all seen it.
奥斯华很有天赋
Oswa ld's a natural.
演得自然就好
If it's right, it's right.
你记得台词?
You... You know the lines?
你见过他演戏?
You, you've seen him act?
这都是什么时候发生的
When... When did all this happen?
他给我反馈的时候
When he's been giving me feedback.
盖你的演技很好
Guy, you're a masterful actor,
所以这件事真的很遗憾
which is why this is so tragic.
我不知道怎么做才道德
I really don't know what the ethical thing to do is.
你应该接受这个角色
The right thing to do is for you to take the role,
盖你也可以继续演爱德华
and you still get to play Edward, Guy,
只是转变后的他
just transformed.
还没必要用那种东西
And you don't have to hide your face
遮住你的脸
behind that idiotic thing.
你能获得更多的认可
You, you get more recognition.
一只有一个镜头一那可不是一般的镜头
For one scene. -But what a scene.
那是最后一幕-没有人会相信
The finale. -No one's gonna believe
爱德华能从那副样子
that Edward looks like him
忽然变成我这样
and then suddenly he just looks like me.
一魔法! 一但她爱他本来的样子
Magic! - But she loves him
如果他变了那他是谁呢
for who he is. If he changes, then who is he then?
还是他-同一个人另一张脸
Same person. - Same bloke, new face.
那就是另一个人!
That's a different person!
他实际上没有变化
It's a metaphorical change.
就像《美女与野兽》
Right out of Beauty and the Beast.
她爱他因此当当!
She loves him, therefore, voila,
他在她眼里就更美丽了
he appears more beautiful to her.
但他必须假装是野兽
But he has to pretend to be a beast
以此证明她的爱
to prove her love.
他不想因为长相被爱
He doesn't wanna be loved for his looks.
不正因为他是野兽她才爱他
No, she loves him because he's a beast
或者尽管他是野兽她依旧爱他
Or in spite of his beast lines s.
他们把你说得像怪物似的
They're talking about you like you're a beast
我们说的是爱德华
We're talking about Edward.
爱德华不是怪物
Edward is not a beast.
哦当然不
No. Heavens, no.
但如果我们要用《美女与野兽》
But if we are gonna be using Beauty and the Beast
来类比的话
as our hypothetical comparison,
我们就直说吧
well, let's just all start being honest
老朋友
with ourselves, old friend.
我会写进日程表的
I'll put it on my calendar.
一嘿一好没问题
Hey. - Okay, great, yeah.
一怎么了? 一我们回家吧
What? -Let's go home.
我们去喝一杯吧-不
Let's have a drink.
一别闷闷不乐的一我不渴
Don't be mopey. -I'm not thirsty.
来不来你自己说
Come or go. It's up to you.
来吧
Come on.
来吧就喝一杯
Come on. Come for one.
起初把我的脸通过世界各地的屏幕传播出去
At first, the thought terrified me,
这个想法让我恐惧
having my face disseminated to screens across the world,
无论何时何地人们会看到我
that no matter what the hour, people were seeing me,
嘲笑我
were laughing at me,
惊恐于我
were horrified by me.
即使我不在了
And that even when I'm gone,
我的形象仍然会为人所鄙
my image would remain for others to despise.
但后来这个想法为我带来些许慰藉
But then, this idea gave me some comfort.
我知道如果他们嘲笑的不是我
That if it wasn't me they were laughing at,
如果我不为人所知
if I had not been known,
如果我不曾面对这些折磨我的人
if I had not had to face my tormentors,
那他们会嘲笑其他人
they'd be laughing at someone else,
不同的人
someone different.
嘿你参加演出了对吧
Hey, you were in the show, weren't you?
我非常喜欢恭喜
I loved it. Congratulations.
嗨我是罗恩·贝尔彻-谢谢
H i. Ron Belcher. -Thanks.
那家伙太棒了
That guy's amazing, right?
我和你说实话
gotta be honest with you,
我以为那是化妆化的
thought it was make up.
我跟我老婆说·····今天其实是我们的纪念日
I was saying to my wife... It's actually our anniversary.
那边那个就是她
That's her over there.
我跟她说他们怎么化的妆?
I was saying to her, " How'd they do that make-up??
那是什么东西? 橡胶塑料吗
Right? What is that? Some kind of polymer, right?'
他们哪来的预算?
" Where'd they get the budget for this?"
她跟我说我觉得那就是他的脸
But she says to me, " I think that's his face.
我还说"宝贝你傻了吧
And I said, " No, babe, you're nuts.
"肯定是什么行头?
" That's gotta be some sort of get-up.
看演出的全程
Like the whole time I'm watching the show,
我都在那想
I'm sitting there thinking,
那是真的还是什么奇怪的特效?
" Is that real or is it some kind of weird effect?'
哪个我都不太相信
I mean, I couldn't believe it either way.
我甚至不知道我希望哪个是真的
Man, I didn't know what I even wanted it to be.
和他工作是什么感觉?
So what was it like, working with him?
我猜在那张脸下面
guess underneath all that, right,
他就是个普通人
he's just a regular guy.
不知道写剧本的人
Wonder if the guy that wrote the play.
是不是之前认识他
knew him before he wrote it,
还是他自己想出来一个那样的角色
or if he just came up with a character like that
然后希望能碰巧遇到
on his own and just hoped the right guy would
合适的演员
come along by chance.
感觉挺冒险的
Right? Seems risky to me.
是吧? 你要怎么找人呢
Right? How do you go about finding that guy, right?
长相完全和想象相符
Looks exactly how you envision.
还会演戏
He can act too, right?
你到底怎么描述他呢?
I mean, how do you even describe him?
万一他们想在博伊西放映这部剧怎么办?
What if they wanna put the show on in Boise?
怎么把他请过去呢万一他死了呢
Like to fly that guy out? What if he's dead?
他们得找一个爱达荷版本的他
They have to find the Idaho version of him.
我不清楚戴面具行吗
I don't know, would a mask work?
人们会相信吗
电影精选列表