剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表
请允许我介绍 苏塞克斯疯人院的
I'd like to introduce you to Dr. Shepard and Dr. Payne
谢波德医生和佩恩医生
from the Sussex Lunatic Asylum.
他们来此确认 你确实是疯了
They're here to examine and certify you as a lunatic.
否则你的行为 还能有什么
What other possible explanation could there be
解释呢
for your behavior?
走开
Get off!
放开我
Get off me!
你们放开我 你们在做什么
Get your hands off me! What are you doing?
放开我 你竟敢这样做
Get off me! How dare you!
你没有权力
You have no right!
你无权这样做
You have no right to do this!
你错了 亲爱的
You are mistaken, my dear.
保护你 是我不幸的责任
It is my sad duty to protect you from yourself.
走开
Get off!
陛下 尊贵的殿下
Your Majesty, Your Royal Highness,
这位是帕克斯顿先生
this is Mr. Paxton,
他是德文郡公爵的
who works for the Duke of Devonshire
主管园丁
as head gardener.
女王认为鉴于他的背景
The queen felt that given his background,
我们最好在室外会面
we'd do better meeting in the open air.
我很荣幸来到这里 陛下
What an honor to be here, Your Majesty,
尊贵的殿下
Your Royal Highness.
感谢您能来 帕克斯顿先生
Well, thank you for coming, Mr. Paxton,
但除非您能设计出
but unless you came with a plan
临时搭建 不会伤害树木
for a building that is temporary,
还能在
will not kill the trees,
几个月就能建造好的建筑
and can be built within a couple of months,
那恐怕您就白来一趟了
then I really feel we will be wasting your time.
亲王的意思是 帕克斯顿先生
What the prince means, Mr. Paxton,
这是一项挑战
is it is a challenge.
但科尔先生向我保证 最合适的人选
But Mr. Cole assures me that if there is any man for the job,
就是您 - 谢谢您 陛下
it is you. - Thank you, Your Majesty.
因为我的成功都归功于您
Because I rather attribute my own success to yourself.
说得更具体些
Or, to be more specific,
是维多利亚亚马逊睡莲
the Victoria Amazonia lily.
您瞧
You see,
公爵委托我播种这些
when the duke entrusted me to cultivate the seeds
异域之花时 它们长得异常之大
of this exotic flower, it grew so large
甚至能够托住我的小女儿
that I was able to balance my own little girl on it.
您不怕她被淹死吗
Weren't you scared she'd drown?
我向您保证会很安全
Oh, I assure you it was quite safe.
这些植物及其强壮
The plants are surprisingly strong.
犹如这些睡莲 秘诀在于它们的坚韧
Like these lilies, the secret is in the rigidity
是由散热筋
provided by the radiating ribs
与柔韧的横筋所提供
connecting with flexible cross-ribs.
维多利亚亚马逊睡莲长得太大了
The Victoria Amazonia lily grew so large,
我只能设计一个大规模的
that I had to design a new greenhouse on a grand scale
新温室 我的设计灵感
to fit it; my design was inspired
来源于这些叶子的构造
by structure of the leaves themselves.
花费会很高吗
Was it expensive?
玻璃税已取消 花费并不大
Not now that the tax on glass has gone.
建造会很困难吗
And was it easy to build?
当时几个月的时间就建好了
Ah, it didn't take more than a couple of months.
方便拆除吗
And can it be taken down?
我还没试过
I haven't tried it yet,
但应该不会太难
but, uh... it should be easy.
那些树木呢
What about the trees?
它们在建筑里还能存活吗
Would they be able to survive inside of it?
爸爸
Oh, Papa,
那可是温室 就是为了养植物
it's a conservatory, it's what it's designed for!
那既然如此 帕克斯顿先生
Ah, well, in that case, Mr. Paxton,
我想这些睡莲 对您的事业
I, I think these lilies may provide further assistance
还能有所帮助
to your career.
您的温室能建造得
Would you be able to build your, your conservatory
更大规模一些吗 大到能容纳
on an even larger scale, big enough to house
世界上所有的制♥造♥业展品
the entire contents of the world's manufacturing?
上帝的温室
A greenhouse to the gods.
玻璃王宫
A Crystal Palace.
我还记得自己曾很期待加冕礼
I remember how ready I felt for my coronation.
现在我才发现 自己并未准备好
Now I see how unprepared I was.
我从未质疑过您 夫人
I never doubted you for a moment, ma'am.
我很幸运在无法相信自己时
I was fortunate to have wise minds
能有智慧之人...
who believed in me when...
能够相信我
when I could not.
我从未有过女儿 夫人
I never had a daughter, ma'am,
但若我有女儿
but if I had, I like to think
我希望她能和您一样
she would have been something like you.
我从未有过父亲
I never had a father.
但我...
But I...
却知道失去父亲的感觉
think I know what it feels to lose one.
坚持立场 夫人
Stick to your guns, ma'am.
您到我这个年纪时 就会发现
When you reach my age, you will realize
并不需要为结束感到伤感
there's no point getting sentimental about endings.
单腿 单腿 双腿 单腿
Hop, hop, hop, skotch, hop.
妈妈
Oh, Mama!
孩子们
Children,
这是你们的阿德尔海德表姐
this is your cousin Adelheid.
欢迎来到白金汉宫 阿德尔海德表姐
Welcome to Buckingham Palace, cousin Adelheid.
请叫我海蒂
Oh, please call me Heidi.
走吧 海蒂
Come, Heidi.
该你了
It's your turn.
今早我又收到了报告
This morning I received yet another report
欧洲的所有无政♥府♥主义者
that every anarchist in Europe
都意图前往
is intending to come
伟大的展会
to the Great Exhibition.
您相信这个
And you believe this
消息吗 首相
to be true, Prime Minister?
关于这件事
On this particular matter,
我赞同外交大臣的观点
I agree with the foreign secretary.
我们曾是唯一预防革命的国家
We were one of the only nations to prevent revolution.
而您现在决定 毫不夸张地说
And you now decide, quite literally,
邀请发动革命
to invite it in.
需要我开始
Shall I begin the process
撤销邀请吗
of disinvitation,
如果有这种说法
if such a word exists.
我想不需要
No, I don't think so.
帕默斯顿勋爵
You see, Lord Palmerston,
并非只有您对国家有愿景
you are not the only man with a vision for this country.
我丈夫对国家的愿景是...
But my husband has vision for a country that leads by...
好奇而非恐吓
curiosity rather than intimidation,
竞争而非斗争
competition rather than conflict.
他的愿景相信人性的善良
A vision that trusts in the very best part of human nature,
而非罪恶
not the worst.
您说得很好 夫人
You put it so well, ma'am,
但公众对展会的看法却不尽相同
but the public do not see the exhibition in the same light.
根据最近的经验 帕默斯顿勋爵
Well, as you know from recent experience, Lord Palmerston,
公众随时都会改变观点
the public can change their mind in an afternoon.
看来您决心已定
Sounds as if your mind is made up.
没错
It is.
恭喜您在议院中取得胜利
Congratulations on your victory in Parliament,
帕默斯顿勋爵
Lord Palmerston.
尊贵的殿下 非常感谢您
Your Serene Highness, how kind of you.
我都快相信我们是朋友了
You know, I could almost believe we were friends.
但您这样的人没有朋友
But your type don't have friends,
只有同盟
only allies.
那我这位同盟 能请求帮助吗
Can an ally ask for assistance?
我有个女儿
I have a daughter
现在已到结婚的年纪
who is now of a marriageable age.
您认为我也许会 认识合适人选吗
And you think I may know some eligible young men?
还有
Oh, tell me,
剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表