剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表
人类的追求
No human pursuits
从未建立起任何物质的进步
have ever made any material progress
直到他们开始接受科学
until science was brought to bear upon them.
我们不能自鸣得意
Now, we must not be complacent.
我们必须始终如一地 挑战知识的极限
We must consistently test the limits of our knowledge.
亚历山大·冯·洪堡曾经说过
For, in the words of Alexander von Humboldt,
他是位知名科学家
the renowned scientist,
之前应该常驻于莫德林学院
who I believe was in residence at Magdalen College,
大学需要提出
universities ask questions
未知答案的问题
where the answers are not known.
学校是处罚之地
School is discipline.
但在大学 享有自♥由♥
University is freedom.
完全同意
Hear! Hear!
感谢您对我们的教育发表见解
Thank you for your thoughts on our education,
尊贵的殿下
Your Royal Highness.
剑桥大学六百年多来
Cambridge has produced
为全世界培育出了
the greatest minds in the world
杰出的人们
for over 600 years
这正以神学和过去课程
from a curriculum based in theology
为基础的结果
and the lessons of the past.
您是建议 例如说
Are you, for example,
让我们教授查尔斯·莱尔的异端邪说吗
suggesting that we teach the heretical work of Charles Lyell,
他竟然相信
who believes that the world
世界并非在七日内形成
was not created in seven days?
完全同意
Hear! Hear!
是外国人
Foreigners.
是外国人带来了疾病
It is bought in by foreigners.
首例发现的地点
The first case recorded
是在莱姆豪斯的海员旅店里
was in a seamen's hostel in Limehouse.
胡说
Nonsense.
有毒的瘴气
The toxic miasma
应该很快就会退散
should abate soon,
并且目前科文特花♥园♥已被关闭了
and now that Covent Garden has been closed.
唯一的治愈方式 是所有人保持镇静
The only cure is for people to maintain their composure.
我们在王宫安全吗
Are we safe here in the palace?
您在这里很安全 夫人
Here, you are quite protected, ma'am.
王宫周围的空气 干净且安全
The air is clean and safe around the palace.
但在外面
But outside,
就有极大的危险会
the danger of encountering the miasma
吸入瘴气
is too great.
您是建议将我隔离吗
Are you proposing to put me in quarantine?
作为首相 我建议您
As your prime minister, I urge you
在危机过去前 都留在王宫 夫人
to remain here until contagion has passed, ma'am.
如果我躲在王宫里
And what example does it set to my people
臣民们会如何看我
if I'm hiding here in the palace?
臣民们不需要见您 夫人
You don't have to be seen, ma'am.
您可以宣称是国家赎罪日
You could announce a national day of penance,
也许可以禁食一天
perhaps a day of fast.
这会鼓舞我的臣民们吗
Would that would raise the spirits of my people?
不会
No.
斯♥诺♥医生
Dr. Snow?
对于疾病的扩散方式
Do you have another theory
您有不同意见吗
about how the disease is spread?
我...
I s... s...
怎么
Yes?
没有证据 我无法回答
Without proof, I cannot offer you an answer,
没有证据 没有答案
and as I... have no proof, I have no answer,
陛... 陛下
Y... your Majesty.
拉塞尔一点用都没有
Russell has been most unhelpful.
我听过议院的报告了
I have heard the reports from Parliament
我不想袖手旁观
and I do not wish to stand idle.
我希望您能安排去医院探望
I should like you to organize a visit to the hospital.
我是您的外交大臣 夫人
I'm your foreign secretary, ma'am.
我建议您联♥系♥
May I suggest you contact
卫♥生♥部♥部长
the commissioner for the Board of Health.
他会支支吾吾地
And he will hem and haw
说感染的风险
and talk about the danger of infection.
而您则不同
You, on the other hand,
所有规矩您都能破坏
you've never met a rule you didn't want to break.
我妻子也说过这话 夫人
You sound like my wife, ma'am.
但您不害怕染病吗
But don't you worry about catching it?
帕默斯顿勋爵 如果我的孩子病了
Lord Palmerston, if one of my children were ill,
我会毫不犹豫地走进病房♥
I would not hesitate to go into the sickroom.
我明白了... 我会做出必要安排
I understand... I'll make the necessary arrangements.
但我想卫♥生♥部♥的那些
Although I imagine those woolgatherers
游手好闲之人
at the Board of Health
会大发脾气
will have a conniption fit.
我们不要告诉他们
Not if we don't tell them.
夫人
Your Grace.
这是公爵的信
From the duke.
你能 帮我安排马车吗
Can you, uh, order my carriage?
我被传唤了
I have been summoned.
希望您能小心
I hope you will be careful.
想必在传染病
Surely your husband
被控制之前 您丈夫应该希望
would rather you remained in the palace
您留在王宫
until the contagion has passed.
我无法拒绝他
I cannot refuse him.
在目前情况下 您不应害怕拒绝
In this circumstance, you should not be afraid to.
需要我告诉他 您决定留在王宫吗
Shall I let him know that you are to remain at the palace?
如果他不在家 一定在俱乐部
If he's not at home, he will be at his club.
当然
Exactly.
关于您的情况
I make two kinds of tonic
我有两种补药
for women in your condition.
这一种
This one
适用于想要迎接
works a treat for ladies who are happy
新生命的女性
to welcome a little stranger.
还有这一种...
And, um, I have this one...
作用则相反
for those who aren't.
你想要惊喜吗
Do you want a surprise?
看情况
Depends.
是好事吗
Is it a good one?
是
Yes.
但你必须有耐心
But you'll have to be patient.
为什么
Why?
因为你必须等九个月
Because you'll have to wait nine months.
是吗 - 是的
Yes? - Yes.
您也想要些娱乐吧
You also want some entertainment.
这是我们都渴望的东西
What we've been craving.
阁下 我有给您的口信
Your Grace, I have a message for you.
抱歉 我没听清楚
I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that.
有您的口信 阁下
A message, Your Grace.
他好像说的是另一种语言
It's almost as though he's speaking a different language.
夫人想告诉您
Her Grace would like to inform you
她决定留在王宫
that she has decided to remain at the palace.
你可以提醒公爵夫人
You can remind the duchess
之前那是命令 她没有拒绝的余地
that as it was a command, I did not expect a reply.
她必须马上离开王宫
She must leave immediately.
您确定要这样做吗 夫人
Are you sure you want to do this, ma'am?
这与喜好无关
It's not a matter of want.
这是我的职责
It's a matter of duty.
不好意思 小姐
Excuse me, miss.
救命 先生
Help me, sir.
就在前面 夫人
Just straight ahead, ma'am.
这边走
This way.
真是残忍♥的疾病 夫人
It's a cruel disease, ma'am.
什么声音
What's that noise?
我在农神庙的地板上找到她的
I found her on the floor of the Parthenon in Athens.
她从巢里掉下来了
She had fallen from her nest.
自此她就一直陪着我
And I've had her with me ever since.
您不怕她咬人吗
Aren't you worried she'll bite you?
剧集 | 维多利亚(2016) | 导航列表