"John Thomas Cobden.
优秀的工会会员
"Good trade unionist,
垂钓的高手
"good angler,
忠诚的丈夫
"good husband,
称职的父亲”
"brilliant father."
“我知道马克觉得 他在那个可怕日子铸下的大错
I know that Mark... thinks his father is ashamed of him for what he did that dreadful day,
让父亲以他为耻”
thinks his father is ashamed of him for what he did that dreadful day,
“为那个不幸之人的家庭
"for the pain and grief he caused that poor man's family.
带来痛苦与哀伤
"for the pain and grief he caused that poor man's family.
他的想法没错
"He's right.
但只有在那可怕的一天”
"But only for that one dreadful day."
“随之而来的一切
For everything that came later,
他自行向警方投案
for the way in which he went to the police himself, he confessed,
坦承一切 承认有罪
he pleaded guilty,
完全没有得到任何减刑
he offered no plea in mitigation whatsoever,
他接受刑期
for the way in which he accepted...
甚至欣然接受更长刑期的态度
his sentence and would gladly... have accepted longer,
也为他将被监禁的每一天
for the way in which he sees every day of his imprisonment
视为多赎罪一天的心情
as one more day of atonement,
马克的父亲
Mark's father...
我的约翰…”
my John...
“要比以往更为他的儿子感到骄傲”
"was prouder of his son... than he'd ever been".
谢谢
Thank you.
我欠你人情
I owe you one.
多谢
Thanks.
别放在心上
No worries.
上千发的烟火即将点亮首都的夜空 -十、九…
Thousands of fireworks are about to light up the sky above the capital. - Ten, nine.
爸爸
圣诞快乐
新年快乐
大笨钟的知名钟声将在午夜敲响 -八、七、六、五…
Big Ben's famous bongs will ring out at midnight. - Eight, seven, six, five.
伦敦跨年夜直播中
四、三、二、一 -四、三、二、一
Four, three, two, one... - Four, three, two, one...
第509天
法官判我终身监禁 最低服刑十年
The judge sentenced me to life... with a minimum of ten years.
我已经待了25年 这应该是第6次假释听证会吧
And I've done 25 and this is, what...my sixth parole hearing?
我很清楚这一次
And I know for a fact that parole will, once again, be refused.
也会被拒绝
And I know for a fact that parole will, once again, be refused.
不是因为哪个条件不符 我都有
Not because I don't tick all the boxes. I do.
而是因为我还没认清谁是老大
Because of this - I still haven't learnt who's boss.
我还没学会要完全臣服于狱警
I still haven't learnt to submit totally to a prison officer.
我还剩下一丝独♥立♥的灵魂
I still have some independence of spirit.
还以为你们会重视这一点
You'd think you'd value that.
有着独♥立♥灵魂的人到了外界
People who have some independence of spirit
肯定会比彻底崩溃的人 适应地更好
would surely do better out there than people who've been crushed,
但事实并非如此
but no...
你们只是想要我明白谁才是老大
you just want to show me who's boss.
你说你做了某件事
You say you did something.
才让你的受害人想要跟你绝交
Something that made your victim not want to be friends any more.
所以你才杀死他
So you killed him.
对
Yeah.
你做了什么事
What was it you did?
我的回答
I'll answer that the way I've answered it
还是像过去五次听证会一样
on each of the last five occasions I've been here.
我不打算说
I'm not prepared to say.
我是亚历山大多尔
I'm Alexander Doyle.
死者鲍比多尔是我的哥哥
Bobby Doyle, the victim, was my older brother.
今天由我前来是因为父母都已过世
I'm here today because both my parents have now died...
我爸爸是前几年离开的
my dad a few years back and...
而前几个月换我妈离世
my mum three months ago.
两人都是悲痛而死
Both died of grief.
这个人在那天不仅杀死我的哥哥
This man didn't just kill my brother that day,
也害死了我的父母
he killed my parents too.
这个人把自己形容成
This man tries to paint himself as some sort of
对抗体制的自♥由♥灵魂
free spirit fighting against the system.
他根本不是
Well, he's no such thing.
他是杀人凶手
He's a murderer.
这个人暗示早该在15年前就让他出狱
This man implies that he should've been out 15 years ago.
但我的父母却不能解脱
Well, my parents weren't.
他们都被判了无期徒刑
Both served life.
这个人拒绝透露对我哥哥做了什么事
This man refuses to reveal what he did with my brother
他所做的那件事让我哥哥赔掉性命
that thing he did which cost my brother his life.
好 大家清场好了
OK, let's clear the room,
让他当面告诉我
and he can tell me face to face,
因为我绝对有权利知道
cos I've got every right to hear it.
可以走了吗
Can we go, please?
他愿意为你付出一切
He'd have done anything for you.
我也是
And me, too.
我对他说我爱他
I told him that I loved him.
我找了很多大学课程
And, you know, I've been looking at loads of college courses,
我当然想念
but it's definitely something I'd like to do, and
如果没来这里的话绝对不会考虑
I never would've thought of that without coming here.
好 下一位是谁
OK. Who's next?
上去啊 黎恩 去吧
Go on, Liam. Go on.
以前我会想来这里
I used to want to come here...
故意被抓来关
to get sent here.
我爸来过
Me dad was here.
我们家彼得也来过
Our Peter was here.
我认识的其他男生
Other lads that I know,
都说这里是“烂狱克雷格摩尔”
they'd all talk about "crappy Craigmore".
我爸说“我关了三年
"Three years I did," that's what me dad says,
轻松得很”
"and I done it standing on me head."
大家听了都在笑
And everyone laughs.
可是说真的
The truth is...
我连三天都待不下去
I couldn't do three days here.
这里很恐怖
It's shit.
每个人都意志消沉
And everyone's always sad.
所以我不会再来
So I won't be coming back.
我绝对不会坐牢
I won't be going to any nick.
你可以的
Well done, lad.
你好吗 科布登
How are you, Cobden?
我很好 典狱长 真的
I'm fine, Governor. Yeah.
玛莉露伊丝告诉我
Marie-Louise tells me
你把那群孩子开导得很好
you've been doing great work with the kids.
没什么
Well, you know...
我们讨论过
We've been talking.
下个月有一场“罪与罚”研讨会
There's a crime and punishment conference next month.
他们想找受刑人发言
They want a prisoner to speak.
我想到了你
I thought of you.
要说什么
Speak about what?
你犯的罪和坐牢的经历
Your crime. Your time here.
无人戒护
You'll be unescorted.
玛莉露伊丝对你有极大信任
Marie-Louise has the utmost trust in you.
研讨会 -对
A conference? - Yeah.
所以会有很多人吧
Lot of people, then?
大概一百多个
A hundred or so.
这里没几个人都让我怯场了
I can barely talk to a handful of people in here,
更别说要面对一百个 所以…
never mind in front of a hundred, so...
我认为你有需要
I think you need to.
你也说过你欠我人情
You did say you owed me one.
这样不公平
That's not fair.
我认为很公平
I think it is.
在哪里 -克鲁
Where is it? - Crewe.
我要怎么去
How would I get there?
搭计程车和火车
Taxi and train.
我一个人去
On my own?
对
Yeah.
好 可以 我愿意
OK. I'll... yeah, I'll do it.
很好 我马上安排
OK. I'll make the arrangements.
听说今天你要出去
I hear you're getting out for the day.
参加“罪与罚”研讨会
Crime and punishment conference, eh?
对
Yeah.
一个人去 没有狱警
Alone? No kangas?