我被指控成为的那个人
Accused of being him...
埃迪·J·特纳
Eddie J Turner.
大多数人都相信无风不起浪吧
Most people think there's no smoke without fire, don't they?
我自己也想过
I've thought it myself.
问题是 说出去的话泼出去的水
And the thing is, there's nothing you can do once it's been said.
覆水难收
It's there forever.
总有人会永远认为你就是那个人
Some people will always think that you're him,
无论你说什么做什么
no matter what you say or do.
你可能永远都会觉得自己在被人监视
And you'll probably always think you're being stared at.
邪恶少年认罪
嗨
Hiya.
过来抱抱
Come on.
别担心 我可以去找工作
Don't worry. I can get a job.
那是你吗
Is that you?
杰茜的作业是做家谱
Jess has got to do this family tree for school.
我还以为你看过
I thought you'd seen them.
你这张特别像杰茜
You look like Jess in that one.
我们都没有你小时候的照片
We haven't got a single photo of you as a child.
没有人会想记住我的童年
I don't think anybody wanted to remember my childhood!
-有些事我们必须谈一谈 克瑞格 -放手
- There's things we should have talked about, Craig... - Get off!
迈尔斯先生
Mr. Myers...
格洛沃警督在医院询问你
When DI Grover asked you in the hospital
袭击者是否对你说了什么的时候
if the attacker had said anything to you,
你是怎么回答的
what was your reply?
我说没有
I said no.
为什么
Because?
因为我当时记不起来
Because I didn't remember.
"没有"
"No."
那你怎么又想起来了
And what made you remember?
我不...
I don't...
人都是怎么记起事情的
I mean, how do you remember anything?
这就是我的问题
That's the question.
我回答不了 抱歉
Well, I can't answer it, sorry.
就那么想起来了
I just did!
很好
Very well.
证明你头部伤势的
We've heard evidence going
证据已经得到了证实
to the severity of the head injury sustained.
首先 我想向陪审团解释一下
First, I'd like to make clear to the jury
我们现在看到的伤疤
that the wounds visible today
不是万圣节那晚的袭击所致
are not as a result of the Halloween attack.
这些是最近受的伤 对不对
Those are more recent injuries, are they not?
对
Yes.
鉴于最初头部受伤的严重程度
Now, given the seriousness of that original head injury
再加上尼尔森医生并不能确定
and Dr. Nielsen's lack of certainty about
你的记忆所受到的影响
how your memory might be affected,
如果我们相信袭击者确实说了那句话
if we accept that the attacker did speak,
你有多确定那就是他的原话
how sure can you realistically be of his exact words?
那就是他的原话
It's what he said.
可他说的声音并不大 不是吗
But they were whispered, were they not?
没错
Yes.
-你当时已经被打了 -对
- After the blows? - Yes.
你受了那么重的伤 竟然还可以如此确定吗
Savage blows, and yet YOU can be absolutely positive?
我已经说了 那就是他的原话
I just told you, it's what he said.
问题是
The problem is,
我们只有你的一面之词 不是吗
we only have your word for that, don't we?
我不...
I don't...
那又如何 你是在说我是骗子吗
Why is it a problem? Are you calling me a liar?!
你是骗子吗 迈尔斯先生
Are you a liar, Mr. Myers?
我不是
No.
你以前从未对政♥府♥机构撒过谎吗
You've never lied to the authorities before?
我先提醒一下你已经宣誓了
I'd remind you that you're under oath.
如果你说的是2012年我被警告的那一次
If you're speaking about 2012, I was admonished.
你向警方否认
For a street brawl in which
自己参与过那次街头斗殴
you denied any involvement to the police,
直到监控视频证实你在撒谎
until CCTV evidence caught you in a lie.
-我说得对吗 -我只是一时糊涂
- Is that correct? - It was a stupid idea.
我说得对吗
Is that correct?
对
Yes.
最近关闭的网页
最近访问的网页
邪恶少年认罪
瑞贝卡
Rebecca!
你没事吧
Are you OK?
我毫不怀疑
I've no doubt that
你是暴♥力♥袭击的受害者 迈尔斯先生
you've been the victim of violence, Mr. Myers.
但我怀疑你的记忆
But I do doubt your memory.
迈尔斯先生
Mr. Myers?
我认为你或有意或无意地
You see, I believe that you are misremembering,
记错了一些事情
deliberately or otherwise,
试着建立一些本不存在的关联
trying to make sense of a random event
从而让随机事件变得合理
by creating connections where there are none.
你觉得这可能吗
Do you think that's possible?
不可能
No.
我没撒谎 我的记忆也没出问题
I'm not lying and there's nothing wrong with my memory.
是吗 那如果我们现在让你说出
Really? So, if asked, you could tell the court
你上周或者上个月在做什么呢
what you were doing last week, or last month?
应该没问题 就和所有人一样
I think so, as much as anybody else.
那半年或一年以前呢
What about six months, or a year ago?
应该也可以
I suppose.
那如果我问的是...
What if I asked you...
你的童年呢 迈尔斯先生
..about your childhood, Mr. Myers?
我不明白这和这起案件有什么关系
I don't see what that's got to do with anything.
法官阁下
My Lady...
我同意证人的观点 米什拉先生
I tend to agree with the witness, Mr. Mishra.
控方证人的记忆是否可靠
The reliability of the complainer's memory
与案件核心直接相关 法官阁下
goes to the heart of this case, My Lady.
法官阁下 请容我提醒法庭
My Lady, may I remind the court
我们在这里不是为了证实
that we are not here to establish
克瑞格·迈尔斯是否就是埃迪·J·特纳
whether Craig Myers is Eddie J Turner?
我没有问这个问题
That's not what I asked.
我不想谈论我的童年
I don't like talking about my childhood,
也不明白我为什么要谈
and I don't see why I should have to.
我理解 迈尔斯先生
Understood, Mr. Myers.
只要证明你有童年的记忆应该足够
Confirmation that you have childhood memories should
满足米什拉先生的要求
prove sufficient for Mr. Mishra's purposes.
但事实是 我没有
The truth is, I don't.
那并不是因为我记性不好
But it's not because I have a bad memory.
我父母总是不在家 所以...
My mum and dad were always out, so...
我只能去别人家住
..I'd go and stay with people,
或者被送到看护机构住一两周
or get put in care for a week or two.
但大多数时间 我都是一个人呆着
But most of the time, I was on my own.
所以有什么可回忆的
So what's to remember?
问问他到底是谁
Ask him who he is.
你看起来很激动 迈尔斯先生
You seem agitated, Mr. Myers.
-换你也一样会激动 -快问他
- You'd be agitated! -Ask him.
证人的记忆看起来非常可靠
The witness' memory appears sound,
米什拉先生 请继续
Mr. Mishra, please move on.
-不 -迪恩夫人 请你...
- No! – Mrs. Dean, please...
趁他宣誓赶紧问他 问他啊
Ask him while he's under oath. Ask him!
你来问我啊
You ask me!
对不起
Sorry.
我知道你想问出更多
I know you were hoping for more.
他以为他能够逍遥法外
He thinks he's got away with it.
我不会放弃的 小莫 我不能放弃
I'm not giving up, Mo. I can't.
下集预告
你绝不能进监狱
You have to stay out of prison.
这就意味着你要赢得法官
And that means winning the sympathy
和陪审团的同情
of the judge and the jury,
你必须明确表态
and stating categorically that
你不想让克瑞格·迈尔斯死
you did not want Craig Myers dead.
爸爸 我可以去上学了
Daddy, I'm ready for school!
-克瑞格 -快带她进屋
- Craig? - Get her inside now!
她今天还会来吗