有天他牢房♥的警铃响了
One day his cell bell goes.
我们过去发现有个亚洲人的脑袋受了重伤
We get in there and find an Asian lad with bad head injuries.
查出他是想进迈尔斯的牢房♥里杀人
Turns out he's gone into Myers' cell to do someone,
他们把他的武器夺下来 还用它打伤了他
been disarmed and attacked with his own weapon.
我跟他说 你这是活该啊 孩子
I say, well, that serves you right, then, son.
他说 "但是埃迪·J·特纳在里面啊"
He says, "But, boss, Eddie J Turner is in there."
如果是真的 我就需要立刻把他转移出去
Now, if that's true, I need to get him off the wing, fast.
我就去找了典狱长
So I go to the number one governor,
把知道的信息告诉了他
and I report what I've been told.
可他说
And he says,
别管了 也别记下来 就当什么都没发生
forget it, put nothing down on paper, never happened.
那个亚洲人被立刻送走之后 这事儿就算了了
The Asian lad gets shipped out straight away, and that's it.
有一天 那个牢房♥突然空了
Then one day, that cell's suddenly empty,
只跟我们说把牢房♥里的东西全部装箱
and all we're told is to box up the props in there
送去OMU
and drop it to OMU.
我照做了 但现在我觉得很好奇
So, I do as I'm told, but now I'm curious.
就登入系统 查看这些箱子的去向
And I get on their system to see where these boxes are going.
因弗克莱德刑事司法服务机构
Inverclyde Criminal Justice Services.
但没有联♥系♥人姓名 什么都没有
But there's no contact name, nothing.
现在连迈尔斯的前科记录都查不到了
I can't even find Myers' record now.
于是我给他们打了电♥话♥
So, I phone them,
但他们就是不说那两个人里有没有他们的委托人
and they won't say whether either lad is their client!
-真是闻所未闻 -等等
- That is unheard of! - Hang on.
那两个人
Either lad?
那间牢房♥里有两个人
There was two of them in that cell?
迈尔斯和从另一个
Myers shared the cell
-高级监狱转来的人住一间 -你之前没...
- with a lad from another secure unit. - You never...
那另一个人叫什么
So what's this other lad's name?
他的身份不重要
He was nobody.
但他们可能
But it's possible that
是在保护那个人 而不是迈尔斯
it was him they were protecting, not Myers,
克瑞格·迈尔斯可能不是埃迪·J·特纳
and therefore that Craig Myers isn't Eddie J Turner!
对不起 我要是知道就不会急着告诉你他的名字了
I'm sorry. If I'd known, I'd have waited to give you the name.
为什么 我和他都非常确定
Why? He's sure and so am I -
克瑞格·迈尔斯就是埃迪·J·特纳
Craig Myers is Eddie J Turner.
等他站在法庭上
And when he stands up in court
在所有人面前崩溃失控的时候 就会自己证明这一点
and falls to pieces in front of everyone, he'll prove it himself.
我只是觉得你应该和她谈谈
All I'm saying is you should talk to her.
我明白你的意思 可是...
I know what you're saying, but...
嗨 小贝
Hey, Bex.
-和谁谈 谈什么 -你说什么
- Talk to who about what? - What's that?
汤姆说你应该和她谈谈
Tom said you should talk to her.
和谁谈
Talk to who?
咱们的律师 麦基女士
Our lawyer, Ms. Mackie.
他觉得我不应该出庭作证
He doesn't think it's a good idea, me giving evidence in court.
是吗
Doesn't he?
-我知道不该多管闲事 -是吗
- Look, I know it's none of my business... - Do you?
可他们会把他撕成碎片的
But they'll rip him to shreds, won't they?
-是吗 为什么 -为什么
- Will they? Why? - Why?!
因为我已经认识他十年了
Cos I've known him ten years,
他只有和我才能说上几句
and he can only just hold a conversation with me!
你知道那些律师的嘴脸
You know what these lawyers are like, all right?
他们可以颠倒黑白
The way they can twist things.
我认为
I think,
走廊刷哪种油漆这种事
when we're deciding what paint to use to decorate the hallway,
或许我们可以问问汤姆
then maybe we should ask Tom.
但对于法律问题
But for legal questions
关乎我们这个家的未来的事情
that will affect the future of our family,
还是应该相信我们的律师
I think we should trust our advocate.
证人口供通常由预审法官负责
Witness statements are usually taken by a precognition officer,
但鉴于时间紧促
but given that we haven't got long,
我想亲自负责所有流程
I want to be across everything.
我必须出庭作证吗
Do I have to be a witness?
没错 你必须为检察院出庭作证
You'll be required to give evidence on behalf of the Crown, yes.
我没有别的选择
You mean, I've got no choice?
没有
Not really.
那她呢
What about her?
被告人无需作证
The accused isn't required to give evidence,
但辩方一定会让她出庭
but I'll be surprised if the defence don't call her.
你有什么特别的顾虑吗
Now, do you have any specific concerns?
我只是不喜欢说话而已
I'm not mad about talking, that's all.
我不太会说话
I'm no good at it.
就连现在...也是一样
Even...this.
我们已经向法♥院♥申请采取特殊措施
We're already making an application for special measures.
如果你愿意 可以带人陪护
You can have a supporter if you want,
或者通过镜头作证 如果有用的话
or screens, if that might help.
不
No.
不行 既然不得不做
No. If I have to do it,
我不想让她觉得我是在逃避
I don't want her thinking I'm hiding away.
好的
Ok.
我看到你有一项前科
So, I see you have a previous conviction.
那和这个案子有什么关系
What's that got to do with this?
辩方会极尽所能找到证据
Well, the defence can bring out anything
来证明你品行不端
that calls your character into question
让你的证词在陪审团面前失去可信度
and makes your word seem unreliable to a jury.
那我们能盘问她过往的犯罪记录吗
But can they ask her about her past?
理论上可以
Yes, in theory
但她没有前科 所以不可行
but, as she hasn't got any previous convictions, no.
克瑞格
Craig...
如果你是担心
..if what you're concerned about is
你的亲友此前并不知晓
people close to you hearing certain information
你有前科 那你最好...
for the first time, you might consider...
先告诉他们实情
..pre-empting that.
到你了
You're next.
你看着比照片年轻
You look even younger than in your picture.
是因为眼镜吧 我只在法庭上戴
It's the glasses. They're for court only -
我知道这挺丢人的 但是...
it's shameful, I know, but...
一切都不过是一场演出 不是吗
..everything's a performance in the end, isn't it?
我看到这里写着当时你正在楼上
So I've got here that you were upstairs,
哄杰茜卡睡觉
getting Jessica ready for bed,
听到门铃响 然后克瑞格...
you heard the doorbell and Craig...
抱歉 我可以问你点事吗
Sorry, can I ask you something? Mm-hm.
你以前一定遇上过必须改名换姓的证人吧
You must have had witnesses who've had to change their identity.
有的吧
Have you?
我们不可以讨论
We're not really supposed to talk about
与本案无关的事情 迈尔斯夫人 抱歉
anything other than this case, Mrs. Myers. I'm sorry.
我明白 只是...
Yeah, I know, it's just...
我在网上了解到
..I was looking online,
他们接受过反监视训练
and it says that they are trained in counter-surveillance,
并被告知要远离社交媒体 不能碰酒精毒品
told to stay off social media, avoid drink and drugs.
你真的不该和我谈论这些事
I'm really not the person you should be talking to.
就连度假都得事先获得批准
I mean, they have to get clearance to go on holiday,
更别说结婚生子了
let alone get married and have kids.
-是...是这样吧 -迈尔斯夫人
- Is... Is that right? – Mrs. Myers...
我没有别人可以问了 至少现在没有
I've got no-one I can talk to, not about this, not now.
我理解您有很多疑虑 可是...
I understand you're having questions, but...
网络不一定是
..the internet isn't always
获得可靠信息的最佳途径...
the best place to get the most reliable...
这我知道
I know that.
当然
You know that.
抱歉
Sorry.
我对埃迪·J·特纳的情况一无所知
I don't know anything about Eddie J Turner.
不 不 我不是在问他 我只是...
No, no, no, I'm not asking that, I'm just...
我只想知道处于那种境地的人
I am asking if someone in that position
是否可以生孩子
would be allowed to have kids.
我只知道警方会作出风险评估
All I know is that there would be risk assessment,
并进行密切监视 尤其是在最初阶段
careful monitoring, particularly at the outset,
可我真的不该...
but I'm really not supposed to...
即使家庭的其他成员并不知情
Even without the rest of the family knowing?
这将是负责该案件或目标对象的官员
Well, I mean, that would be a question for those in charge