剧集 | 漫长的阴影(2023) | 导航列表
但你在淘汰那些没有威尔赛德口音的人。
But you were eliminating people who didn't have a Wearside accent.
不,不仅仅是这一点。
No, not solely on that.
希尔夫人,你现在能说吗,
Mrs Hill, do you now feel able to say,
“结束了,我再也没有相互指责了?”
"It's over, I have no more recriminations?"
“有些方面我并不满意。
'There are aspects that I'm not happy about.
“手提包是在周一晚上被发现的。”
'The handbag was found on the Monday evening.'
但是没有人愿意去寻找它的主人。
But no-one bothered to look for its owner.
当侦探们找到杰奎琳的尸体时,
When the detectives went to Jacqueline's body,
他们对那个手提包一无所知。
they knew nothing at all about that handbag.
格雷戈里先生能澄清一下吗?
Could Mr Gregory clarify that?
“格雷戈里先生?”
'Mr Gregory?'
我记不清了。
'I can't remember exactly.
我知道手提包已经找到了。
'I know the handbag had been found.
“但我不能准确地说
'But I cannot say with any accuracy
“当时侦探们是否知道这件事。”
'whether the detectives knew about it at the time.'
希尔夫人,你愿意询问一下吗
'Mrs Hill, would you welcome an inquiry
“调查警方进行调查的方式?”
'into the way the police conducted the investigation?'
是的,我会的。
Yes, I would.
如果要进行调查,我能看看报告吗?
If there's going to be an inquiry, can I see the report?
希尔夫人有权看到这份报告吗?
Would Mrs Hill be entitled to see that report?
如果希尔女士对调查的任何方面都不满意,
If Mrs Hill is dissatisfied with any aspect of the investigation,
如果她想随时来看我们,
if she'd like to come and see us at any time,
我们可以向她解释到底发生了什么。
we could explain to her exactly what happened.
我能问一个简单的问题吗?毫无疑问你会告诉我我错了。
Can I ask a simple question? No doubt you'll tell me I'm wrong.
但你能不早点做吗?
But could you not have done that earlier?
希尔夫人和麦克唐纳夫人在这里
Sent for Mrs Hill and Mrs MacDonald here
并邀请他们进来,让他们放心?
and invited them in and set their minds at rest?
嗯,我不知道他们想得到什么安慰。
Well, I don't know what they want to be reassured about.
“这是我第一次听说它。”
'This is the first I've heard of it.'
”“真的吗,警长?
'Really, Chief Constable?
“你看不到任何错误
'You see no error
“在五年半的调查中?”
'in the five-and-a-half-years investigation?'
哦,可能有错误。我们并非万无一失。
'Oh, there may have been errors. We are not infallible.
“但你没有被告知警方的所作所为。”
'But you are not informed of what the police did.'
我知道你没有做什么,
I am informed about what you didn't do,
这就是彼得·萨克利夫。
and that's catch Peter Sutcliffe.
哦,我知道。这很明显。
Oh, I'm aware of that. That's pretty obvious.
尽管我很高兴你欢迎公开调查。
Though I'm glad that you welcome a public inquiry.
不,我没这么说。
No, I didn't say that.
我不会怨恨调查,
I would not resent an inquiry,
但谁进行了调查以及如何进行调查将很重要。
but who did the inquiry and how it was conducted would be important.
你看,公众和这么多评论员
'You see, the public and so many commentators
批评了警方
'have criticised the police
当他们还不了解警方所做的一切时。
'when they have not been privy to all that the police have done.
“在他们这样做之前,他们应该保留判断和批评。”
'Until they are, they should reserve judgement and criticism.'
好吧,我们感谢每一个人
Well, we are grateful to everyone
谁参加了今晚的讨论,
who's taken part in tonight's discussion,
但我们特别注意它所需要的勇气
but we're particularly mindful of the courage it must have taken
让麦克唐纳夫人和希尔夫人今晚公开♥发♥言。
for both Mrs MacDonald and Mrs Hill to speak out in public tonight.
我们的思想必须与他们同在
'Our thoughts must be with them
以及开膛手受害者的所有其他亲属。
'and with all the other relatives of the Ripper's victims.
“来自利兹,晚安。”
'From Leeds, good night.'
全体成员:大家坐好。
CREW MEMBER: Everybody stay seated.
学分滚动时很好,很安静。
Nice and still while the credits roll.
铃♥声♥好,谢谢大家。
BELL RINGS OK, thanks everyone.
我们只是在等画廊的消息
We're just waiting to hear from the gallery
万一有什么东西要捡。
in case there's anything to pick up.
船员闲聊
CREW CHATTER
口音怎么样?
What about the accent?
我们的女儿被告知
What about the fact that our daughter was told
约克郡的人是安全的?
that men in Yorkshire were safe?
为什么他们叫他开膛手?
And why did they call him The Ripper?
他在电视上一遍又一遍地说,“开膛手”。
He said it over and over on TV, "The Ripper".
就像那是他的名字。
Like that's his name.
他们就是这么说的,亲爱的。不
That's just what they say, love. No.
这是人们过去不知道他是谁时常说的话。
That's what people used to say when they didn't know who he was.
当他们不知道他的名字时。
When they didn't know his name.
但现在他们知道了他的名字,为什么不使用它呢?
But now they know his name, why don't they use it?
他们为什么非要说那么难听的话?
Why do they have to say that wretched word?
我会找人把那东西取下来。
I'll get someone to take that thing off.
“作为警♥察♥Andrew Laptew
"As Police Constable Andrew Laptew
“坐在布拉德福德的萨克利夫那间陈设朴素的客厅里,
"sat in Sutcliffe's modestly furnished living room in Bradford,
“他意识到警方所知道的关于开膛手的一切
"he realised that everything the police knew about The Ripper
”适合他询问的那个人。
"fitted the man he was questioning.
”他确信萨克利夫就是开膛手。
"He became convinced Sutcliffe was The Ripper.
”他提交了一份报告
"He submitted a report saying as much
“去利兹的开膛手总部。”
"to The Ripper headquarters in Leeds."
一切都很“合适”,是吗?这不是它看起来的样子。
Everything just "fitted", did it? It's not how it looks.
福尔摩斯的一切都安排好了吗?
Did everything just fall into place for Sherlock fucking Holmes?
他们付给你多少钱?他们没有。
How much they pay you? They didn't.
不那为什么要去那里呢?我没有。
No? So why go round there? I didn't.
盖住他的屁♥股♥。
To cover his arse.
他遇到了萨克利夫,
He met Sutcliffe,
然后,他所做的只是交了一些糟糕的纸,就这样。
and then all he did was hand in some shitty bit of paper, and that's it.
又有三个女孩被屠♥杀♥,然后他必须忍♥受这种情况,
Three more lasses get butchered, and he's got to live with that then,
事实上他从未跟进。
the fact that he never followed up.
这就是他给他们打电♥话♥的原因。不是真的,先生。
And that is why he called 'em. Not true, sir.
让大家知道这不是他的错。
Make it known that it wasn't his fault.
一个记者敲了我的门。他听说我要写一份报告。
A journalist knocked on my door. He'd heard I'd put a report in.
说他得到了小费。举报?来自谁?
Said he'd got a tip. A tip-off? From who?
不知道。但我什么也没说。
No idea. But I said nothing.
有人想保护你吗?阅读文章。
Is someone trying to protect you? Read the article.
因为你去了那里。。。你找不到引号♥。。。
Cos you went round there... You'll find no quotes...
坐在那里,在他那该死的前室和他喝了一杯茶。
Sat there and had a cup of tea with him in his front fucking room.
我不是唯一一个。很抱歉
I weren't the only one. Sorry?
他接受了九次采访。
He'd been interviewed nine times.
九
Nine?
他们就是这么说的。坐在休息室里。
That's what they're saying. T'lasses in t'incident room.
那么,谁和哪个记者说话有什么关系呢,
So what does it matter who spoke to what journalist,
我们九次去那里,九次都失败了?
when nine times we went round there, and nine times we failed?
就像我交给你报告时你失败了一样
Just like you failed when I handed you that report
因为你被那盘磁带和那愚蠢的口音弄瞎了眼睛。仔细的
cos you were blinded by that tape, by that stupid accent. Careful.
不是我必须忍♥受它,
It's not me that's got to live with it,
有三个死去的女孩,都是我们。
with them three dead girls, it's all of us.
但最重要的是你和奥德菲尔德。
But it is you and Oldfield the most.
你小心你♥他♥妈♥的嘴巴。
You watch your fucking mouth.
我想为你创造一个实质性的新角色。
I want to create a substantial new role for you.
乔治,这个角色适合你这样有经验的人。
A role befitting of an experienced chap like you, George.
作战支援部部长。
Chief of Operational Support.
为整个西约克郡运行机舱。
Running the engine room, for the whole of West Yorkshire.
监督所有车辆的治安
To oversee the policing of all vehicles
以及该县我们地区的公路运输。
and road-based transport in our portion of the county.
交通
Traffic.
监督犯罪记录和文件的保管。
To oversee the safekeeping of criminal records and documentation.
图书馆。
The library.
以及对蛙人、警犬和警马的全面监督。
And a full oversight of frogmen, police dogs and police horses.
动物。蛙人不是动物,乔治。
Animals. Frogmen aren't animals, George.
他们的名字里只有一只动物。
They just have an animal in their name.
好吧,我不会这么做。
Well, I won't do it.
我不会从CID负责人变成警♥察♥农场的负责人。
I'm not going from Head of CID to running the police farmyard.
人们会认为我被解雇了。
People'll think I've been fired.
接下来会有很多麻烦,乔治。
There's shit coming down the line, George.
在我退休之前,我想确保你得到保护。
And before I retire, I want to make sure that you are protected.
我们把它归因于你的健康。
We attribute it to your health.
不必是你和你的团队的写照。
Needn't be a reflection of you and your team.
迪克呢?
What about Dick?
我给迪克找点东西。
I'll find something for Dick.
哦,好吧。。。
Oh, well...
…你知道,如果有什么事情发生,
..you know, if there's shit coming down the line,
然后你尽可能多地让人挡道,嗯?
then you put as many people in the way of it as you can, eh?
剧集 | 漫长的阴影(2023) | 导航列表